Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Win When Phelps Goes To Pike Central
I am new to this site and really liked it at first, I mean I love having a place to post positive comments about the team I support and the players, my sister plays for the lady hawks and love posting about her and reading positive comments about her but lately it seems like all ppl want to do is post negitive comments about girls that are just playing a game they love and trying to bring them down , we as adults should be trying to lift up the kids spirts but all I see any more is ppl stomping on girls feelings and I think this is childish and uncalled for . who cares if a player only gets to play 1 min or the whole game at least she is putting in effort and having fun, this is high school ball not the pros and high school is suposed to be about fun and exciting memories not stress and aggravation, please if you have something positive to say by all means say it but if it negitive please keep it to your self I for one don't want to hear it....To all the players and all the teams keep your heads up win or lose after all its just a game and have fun and stay safe!!
I would add something to this post but I think you said it just fine, exellent postCool
great attitude chrissy, someone has to practice and help the team and you are what players use to be before everyone became michael jordan. again, we can blame the parents for that. most parents percieve their player to be the best on the team and feel that they should have the most playing time of anyone. it is refreshing to hear that someone actually plays to help their team and provide a practice player. i don't know you and don't care, good for you chrissy. never give up and never quit doing what you like. yea chrissy
LuvSV Wrote:great attitude chrissy, someone has to practice and help the team and you are what players use to be before everyone became michael jordan. again, we can blame the parents for that. most parents percieve their player to be the best on the team and feel that they should have the most playing time of anyone. it is refreshing to hear that someone actually plays to help their team and provide a practice player. i don't know you and don't care, good for you chrissy. never give up and never quit doing what you like. yea chrissy
thanks soo much LuvSV.
It doesnt matter to me whether or not i'm a leading scorer or not, i mean everybody has there good and bad days anyway. I play because i actually like 2 play and not just 4 the attention, and whenever i do get out there i pass the ball 2 whoever is open and not try 2 be a ball hog. I guess it pretty much matters who your parents are and not how good you are these days.
MJ#23 Wrote:Rah-Rah-Ree. Go Hawks!
:Cheerlead
why did u erase ur real post?!
katsfan Wrote:Maybe if you cared you wouldn't be taking up space on the bench. You can support your team by sitting in the bleachers. I'll bet JR doesn't care how old you are if you practice hard, play hard, and can get the job done. I'm still going with Central by 10.

I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUT I DONT APPRECIATE YOU BASHING MY NIECE......I HAVEN'T BEEN FOLLOWING EVERY SINGLE THREAD BUT I'VE SEEN ALL I NEED TO SEE HERE......YOU ARE SPEAKING TO A CHILD AND UNLESS YOU ARE A CHILD YOURSELF THEN YOU NEED TO ACT LIKE AN ADULT....CHRISSY LOVES BASKETBALL....SHE GETS HER PLAY TIME ON B TEAM....BUT YOU RARELY SEE A FRESHMAN PLAYING ABOVE A STARTING SENIOR IN THE VARSITY GAME.....YOU NEED TO WATCH THE WAY YOU SPEAK TO CHILDREN.....

AS FAR AS THE GAME GOES.......ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS I KNOW IT IS GOING TO BE A NAIL BITER.......AND I SAY GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.......
sports_gurl Wrote:I am new to this site and really liked it at first, I mean I love having a place to post positive comments about the team I support and the players, my sister plays for the lady hawks and love posting about her and reading positive comments about her but lately it seems like all ppl want to do is post negitive comments about girls that are just playing a game they love and trying to bring them down , we as adults should be trying to lift up the kids spirts but all I see any more is ppl stomping on girls feelings and I think this is childish and uncalled for . who cares if a player only gets to play 1 min or the whole game at least she is putting in effort and having fun, this is high school ball not the pros and high school is suposed to be about fun and exciting memories not stress and aggravation, please if you have something positive to say by all means say it but if it negitive please keep it to your self I for one don't want to hear it....To all the players and all the teams keep your heads up win or lose after all its just a game and have fun and stay safe!!

Some times the truth hurts. Negative or positive. You got to take a little bashing to get through this world.
sportsmom Wrote:I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUT I DONT APPRECIATE YOU BASHING MY NIECE......I HAVEN'T BEEN FOLLOWING EVERY SINGLE THREAD BUT I'VE SEEN ALL I NEED TO SEE HERE......YOU ARE SPEAKING TO A CHILD AND UNLESS YOU ARE A CHILD YOURSELF THEN YOU NEED TO ACT LIKE AN ADULT....CHRISSY LOVES BASKETBALL....SHE GETS HER PLAY TIME ON B TEAM....BUT YOU RARELY SEE A FRESHMAN PLAYING ABOVE A STARTING SENIOR IN THE VARSITY GAME.....YOU NEED TO WATCH THE WAY YOU SPEAK TO CHILDREN.....

AS FAR AS THE GAME GOES.......ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS I KNOW IT IS GOING TO BE A NAIL BITER.......AND I SAY GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.......

:confused: Why are you mad at me? Chrissy23 was the one who said "she doesn't care if she sits on the bench or doesn't get any playing time". So I say, if your heart isn't in it, why waste her time or Coach Vanhoose's. And, if this is how she truly feels then you should tell her the same. As Benchwarmer stated - some times the truth hurts. And by the way, I'm pretty sure Belfry starts a freshmen, East Ridge starts an 8th grader, Shelby Valley starts a sophomore, and Pikeville starts a girl who is either a freshmen or sophomore.
katsfan Wrote::confused: Why are you mad at me? Chrissy23 was the one who said "she doesn't care if she sits on the bench or doesn't get any playing time". So I say, if your heart isn't in it, why waste her time or Coach Vanhoose's. And, if this is how she truly feels then you should tell her the same. As Benchwarmer stated - some times the truth hurts. And by the way, I'm pretty sure Belfry starts a freshmen, East Ridge starts an 8th grader, Shelby Valley starts a sophomore, and Pikeville starts a girl who is either a freshmen or sophomore.

well with all the talented seniors we have this year there is no need to start a freshmanWink ...obviously you misunderstood her.....a lot of b team players dress out...of course they hope to play a little, but they understand how important team support is also....chrissy loves basketball she has played for several years now.....and i'm sure she will earn her starting position on varsity if she continues playing.....yea the truth does hurt, and i have quoted that many many times, but you shouldn't bash children....
katsfan Wrote::confused: Why are you mad at me? Chrissy23 was the one who said "she doesn't care if she sits on the bench or doesn't get any playing time". So I say, if your heart isn't in it, why waste her time or Coach Vanhoose's. And, if this is how she truly feels then you should tell her the same. As Benchwarmer stated - some times the truth hurts. And by the way, I'm pretty sure Belfry starts a freshmen, East Ridge starts an 8th grader, Shelby Valley starts a sophomore, and Pikeville starts a girl who is either a freshmen or sophomore.
what i meant by "i dont care if i sit on the bench or not" was, that i dont care 2 wait 4 my time 2 play. I mean, the girls that play varsity on my team are way better than me and i know they are. I dont like sitting on the bench and i'm sure nobody else likes sitting on there either. I would much rather be out on the floor playing with the girls but i wouldnt want to if i didnt deserve the playing time. I love playing basketball just like sportsmom said, if i didnt then y would i waste my time even being on the team? I've played basketball since I was a little girl and i dont plan on stopping over a few people's opinions. And yes, I know that sometimes the truth hurts, but IMO I think this whole thing was took way out of hand.
I'm still young and i have plenty of time 2 practice hard and actually become a better player. And as i said b4, it's not up 2 me if i get 2 play or not, it's up 2 my coach and whether or not he thinks i'm good enough 2 be out there or not. I wasnt talking about playing JV anyway, i was talking about me playing Varsity, because i dont even hardly sit on the bench anyway during JV so it doesnt really matter. I say that we drop the whole subject b4 somebody closes this thread, because if you think about it, we are way off the subject.
chrissy23 Wrote:what i meant by "i dont care if i sit on the bench or not" was, that i dont care 2 wait 4 my time 2 play. I mean, the girls that play varsity on my team are way better than me and i know they are. I dont like sitting on the bench and i'm sure nobody else likes sitting on there either. I would much rather be out on the floor playing with the girls but i wouldnt want to if i didnt deserve the playing time. I love playing basketball just like sportsmom said, if i didnt then y would i waste my time even being on the team? I've played basketball since I was a little girl and i dont plan on stopping over a few people's opinions. And yes, I know that sometimes the truth hurts, but IMO I think this whole thing was took way out of hand.
I'm still young and i have plenty of time 2 practice hard and actually become a better player. And as i said b4, it's not up 2 me if i get 2 play or not, it's up 2 my coach and whether or not he thinks i'm good enough 2 be out there or not. I wasnt talking about playing JV anyway, i was talking about me playing Varsity, because i dont even hardly sit on the bench anyway during JV so it doesnt really matter. I say that we drop the whole subject b4 somebody closes this thread, because if you think about it, we are way off the subject.

Keep working hard.
well said
Phelps will win,,like they did at home...
Phelps will come out on top :1:
chrissy23 Wrote:what i meant by "i dont care if i sit on the bench or not" was, that i dont care 2 wait 4 my time 2 play. I mean, the girls that play varsity on my team are way better than me and i know they are. I dont like sitting on the bench and i'm sure nobody else likes sitting on there either. I would much rather be out on the floor playing with the girls but i wouldnt want to if i didnt deserve the playing time. I love playing basketball just like sportsmom said, if i didnt then y would i waste my time even being on the team? I've played basketball since I was a little girl and i dont plan on stopping over a few people's opinions. And yes, I know that sometimes the truth hurts, but IMO I think this whole thing was took way out of hand.

Obviously I misunderstood you Chrissy and I am sorry. If you listen to Coach Vanhoose and practice hard, eventually you will get your playing time. And I agree, we are getting off subjectBig Grin
katsfan Wrote:Obviously I misunderstood you Chrissy and I am sorry. If you listen to Coach Vanhoose and practice hard, eventually you will get your playing time. And I agree, we are getting off subjectBig Grin
No problem katsfan, Wink