Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCC Wrestling
I have a question and I hope to get a good answer. I love the cougars and you guys out there know that. I just want to know why football players do not participate in wrestling? Johnson Central had 5 players who qualified for state played football. Whatever the difference is I hope both coaches can get together and work something out that will keep all parties happy. To keep this sport going for years to come I hope that they can sit down and discuss ideas that would be helpful to both teams. I know the weight thing isn't good if you don't need it, but if you have two people with the same weight both can't wrestle the same weight class. So that means someone has to either gain weight or loose. I hope that Mrs Craft, and Ozz Jackson can get together and realize that each sport helps each other out. Unless you are gifted basketball player, you really don't need to be sitting on the bench. Please someone give me a answer or solution. Other than Johnson Central how does the football coach and wrestling coach get along in the other schools?
cougarpride08 Wrote:I have a question and I hope to get a good answer. I love the cougars and you guys out there know that. I just want to know why football players do not participate in wrestling? Johnson Central had 5 players who qualified for state played football. Whatever the difference is I hope both coaches can get together and work something out that will keep all parties happy. To keep this sport going for years to come I hope that they can sit down and discuss ideas that would be helpful to both teams. I know the weight thing isn't good if you don't need it, but if you have two people with the same weight both can't wrestle the same weight class. So that means someone has to either gain weight or loose. I hope that Mrs Craft, and Ozz Jackson can get together and realize that each sport helps each other out. Unless you are gifted basketball player, you really don't need to be sitting on the bench. Please someone give me a answer or solution. Other than Johnson Central how does the football coach and wrestling coach get along in the other schools?

Coach Matney, JC football coach is also the wrestling coach. Coach Hager, Sheldon Clark football coach, was at the regional wrestling meet Saturday cheering them on.

No question about it, wrestling helps with endurance, quickness, and agility. Unless you are a major D-I caliber player don't know why you would just specialize in one sport to begin with.

Randy Moss won the 100 and 200 meter individual state championships his soph. year then decided to play baseball in the spring, won Mr. Basketball twice, and had a pretty good football career to boot.

Brian Brohm had a nice sr. season - he played his final games on the carpet in Louisville in December, at Rupp Arena in March, and at Applebee's Park in June.
Sheldon Clark needs to consider themselves lucky. I really don't know why Coach Howard would not want his lineman in there conditioning. Especially if any of them needs to loose weight. As long as there is a understanding with the weight, I think Sarge would welcome them open arms. Seems to me that his 6,7, and 8th graders would benifit if they wrestled to get them in condition for football, and be a great way to get a college scholarship. They really need to think about that.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Sheldon Clark needs to consider themselves lucky. I really don't know why Coach Howard would not want his lineman in there conditioning. Especially if any of them needs to loose weight. As long as there is a understanding with the weight, I think Sarge would welcome them open arms. Seems to me that his 6,7, and 8th graders would benifit if they wrestled to get them in condition for football, and be a great way to get a college scholarship. They really need to think about that.

Why would SC consider themselves lucky? You do realize SC is one of the top programs in Ky. This is actually the first time JC has won a regional title in wreslting in 30 plus years of having a team. Pretty amazing day for them and a well deserved congradualtions.
The reason that I consider themselves lucky is they have support from other athletic coach that the players play for.
Just to clarify as to why football and wrestling goes hand in hand.
Sheldon Clark
Chazz Maynard 10 0- 2
135 Matt Slone 11 4- 1 football player
145 Avery Ray 10 2- 2 football player
152 Casey DeLong 11 2- 2 football player
160 Austin Stepp 10 3- 2 football player
171 Steven Marcum 12 2- 2 football player
189 Brad Stafford 11 4- 1 football player
215 Ryan Kelly 12 5- 0 football player
285 Dustin Burchett 11 0-2

Johnson Central
103 Josh Conley 8 2- 2
112 Robert Ankrom 10 3- 3
119 Greg Bowen 10 0- 2
125 Zack Salyers 10 2- 2 football player
130 Josh Caudil 9 3- 2
135 Jimmy Preston 8 1- 2
140 Tyler Grimm 11 4- 3
145 J. J. Jude 9 5- 1 football player
152 Jordan Freeman 12 2- 2
160 Todd Sites 11 1- 2 football player
285 Ryan Harlow 11 5- 0 football player

I hope alot of cougar fans see this, and realize that if we don't do our athletic program like Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central, then I think that our wrestling program will not succeed. I do however want to congrats all 4 guys that qualified for state and all the wins that we had this year.