Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
59th District Championship - Belfry vs. Shelby Valley-BROADCAST 93.1 WDHR and wdhr.co
mrfootball03 Wrote:that night they looked horrible.. they've looked like a totally different team in the disrict tourney.

That may be so but their level of competition is about to take a dramatic increase. They won't be playing Pikeville or Phelps...
mrfootball03 Wrote:that night they looked horrible.. they've looked like a totally different team in the disrict tourney. But I think SV wins by about 12.. If Belfry does the unthinkable and beats them, then they would have to beat them again to win the 15th.. would be cool if they lost in the district championship, and beat them in the region finals.. anything could happen..
Do you think the pressure that was put Belfry could be one reason the looked horrible? All season long when the second matchup comes around, it is said that one team played horrible the first time. Maybe there is a reason why.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
mrfootball03 Wrote:that night they looked horrible.. they've looked like a totally different team in the disrict tourney. But I think SV wins by about 12.. If Belfry does the unthinkable and beats them, then they would have to beat them again to win the 15th.. would be cool if they lost in the district championship, and beat them in the region finals.. anything could happen..

I know I've mentioned it before, but beating Pikeville and Phelps is not the same as beating Shelby Valley.

You say that Belfry looked horrible the last time they played, but I would venture to say that the SV players were a big reason they looked horrible. Their defense can do that to you.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I know I've mentioned it before, but beating Pikeville and Phelps is not the same as beating Shelby Valley.

You say that Belfry looked horrible the last time they played, but I would venture to say that the SV players were a big reason they looked horrible. Their defense can do that to you.

Their defense has done that to almost every team they played this season, and like said by another poster, if Elisha hadn't gotten injured, I could also see SV undefeated or with 1 loss.
Valley by 32
Glad to see the Pirates come this far.

Valley still wins by 25+.

Good luck to both teams!