Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Benson Re-signs with Bengals
Cedric Benson has decided to come back to Cincy after the Bengals increased his offer. At least Brown wasn't too cheap to get him back.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7539
Heard about this earlier. Great News!
Yes, it really is. After the way he finished the season last year, it would have been hard not to sign him back.
Pretty good news. Solid RB
Good News for Cincy!
After losing a starting tackle and a starting Wide Receiver, the Bengals had the cash. My issue is that Mikey boy will feel that's enough.

The Bengals now have to fill their voids either through the draft or free-agency. They may sign Coles, but I do not feel comfortable that they will even seek antother name player. As for the Draft, does anyone feel comofrtable with the Bengals draft LUCK? Look at all the draftees that have been busts or broken down, besides the charecter flaws of many.
Bengals needed this.
'They gave me a chance'
Benson cites Bengals' loyalty in decision to re-sign

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090...2/1062/SPT

For Cedric Benson, loyalty and a second chance ended up being the deciding factors in returning to the Bengals.

“They gave me a chance when no one else did. I was home watching football,” said Benson during a news conference at Paul Brown Stadium after re-signing with the team. “There was a lot of negative talk out there surrounding me not only as a player but my character off the field. I’m sure they second-guessed the thought at times, but they followed through.”

Benson’s return gives the Bengals a consistent and proven back to build the rushing attack around. In 12 games last year, 10 of which were starts, he ran for a career-high 747 yards and also led the team in yards from scrimmage (932). An even more encouraging sign is that in the three games he ran for over 100 yards, the Bengals won.

“We’re real happy to have him come back," coach Marvin Lewis said. "We were just seeing some of the dividends pay off in the time he was here with us.

“Things were a little different and he had a lot going on all at once. To his credit though he stayed late and came in early and worked hard. It will be good to have him here for a full season and to get him going and begin to build on some of the things that he does.”

Benson also provides Lewis and the offense with a power runner that has proven to be a successful trait for winning AFC North teams. And he can wear down opposing defenses. His best game of last year was Dec. 21 at Cleveland, when he ran for 171 yards on 38 carries, both career highs.

He has also proven to be a good receiver on screen passes. He caught a screen pass for 79 yards in a Week 15 win over Washington, which led to a Bengals touchdown.

“That’s kind of my thing, I think largely because I’ve done a lot of it. But I don’t like to limit myself,” said Benson of being an inside, power runner. “I’m just excited about doing anything and playing.”

Benson is also excited about the opportunity to play with Carson Palmer. They had a limited opportunity in the Week 5 game at Dallas, but that was Benson’s first game and Palmer was limited with an elbow injury, which eventually ended his season.

Benson is encouraged about the possibilities of what a healthy offense could do.

“Even before the Washington game (last year) as an offense we would have so many sparks during a game, we’d have a good drive 60 yards or not and couldn’t finish. Those were always signs telltale things of what was to come,” Benson said.

On the loss of wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Lewis said that the team is continuing to be proactive in free agency and is “working very diligently to upgrade in those areas. Hopefully soon that will be done.”

One possibility might be Laveranues Coles, who visited the Bengals yesterday.
Benson's a solid back, he runs north/south, and he's turned his life around.

Watch the interview of him about his signing, he seems like a good guy that's done a complete 180 and I think he'll make our offense THAT much better because he doesn't need a fullback to get four yards, meaning that Carso can have three receivers plus a tight end to throw to.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
He seemed to do a good job last year when he played, but the team better fix the O-line or there will not be many holes to run through.

I like the signing, though.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
we just need a solid line now.
benson played last year for getting a contract this year. now he has it and the true benson will show up and be a dud, but then thats what the bengals are all about