Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baitcasting Reels
What is your all's favorite type of Baitcasting Reels?
I like shimano Crucial's. Superior drag smooth casting and distance. Everyone of my setups feature some type of Shimano reel minus my cranking rods. On my cranking rods i use the David Fritts BPS reel. It is the ultimate reel for cranking with every option you can think of standard for the technique. I and my Partner will be at Lake Hodges in SanDiego this coming saturday facing all three stages of the spawn. we are actually getting alot of Pre-spawners on cranks which is unusual or the region. Last practice yielded two- Eight lbers on DD-22's in various patterns. I know Shimano's are costly but they are simply the best reel on the market.
I prefer Abu-Garcia's myself.
My first baitcaster 25 years ago was a little Shimano Bantam and I still use Shimano today. For $120 it is hard to beat the Shimano Citica.
Word. The Cardiff is also the best real out there for 4-5 inch swimbaits. I throw alot of the high end ones but you guys should try the YUM money minnow. Bet if you toss one alot this summer around deep breaks then you gonna stick atleast a 5 lber. Super sick action on this bait and i rig mine with the Lake Fork Tackle swimbait hook. I bought a few packs and am pleased but hey do not have good enuff patterns for our hghly pressured lakes. The bass here just let them go by. In KY-Tn lakes these things are gonna get hammered. You can youtube the name and watch how the pros rig them.
I like to use Shimano.
Pflueger reels are great.
Pflueger reels are great.
Abu Garcia Revo reels are amazing. Shimano Curado would be next in line IMO.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Abu Garcia Revo reels are amazing. Shimano Curado would be next in line IMO.

I haven't never tried the Abu Garcia Revo reels. But I have heard a lot of god things about them.
Abu revo's weigh a huge 10.8 oz. Compared to the Curado at 7.6 you shave alot of fatigue. The Curado also won the ICAST best of show and best freshwater reel. They give you alot more distance and dont get me started on the superior Japanese ball bearings.