Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timmy Knipp
This is rumor.Timmy has got a offer from Tennessee Tech. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
watched him play at pikeville college. he is a great player when he tries, but most of the game he acted like he didnt want to be there. the coach never gets onto him or anything. not disciplined at all. he does have alot of talent though.
wood_chuck Wrote:watched him play at pikeville college. he is a great player when he tries, but most of the game he acted like he didnt want to be there. the coach never gets onto him or anything. not disciplined at all. he does have alot of talent though.

This is something that I see hurting him down the road. He's never really been coached and lacks discipline which is evident when he doesn't get his way in a game.
[quote=kybaseball]This is rumor.Timmy has got a offer from Tennessee Tech. Can anyone confirm or deny this?[/QUOTE

I can confirm that he did get an offer from Tn Tech.
wood_chuck Wrote:watched him play at pikeville college. he is a great player when he tries, but most of the game he acted like he didnt want to be there. the coach never gets onto him or anything. not disciplined at all. he does have alot of talent though.

they are afraid he will leave.
Is Coach Mayes still coaching Elliott Co.?
goodguy Wrote:Is Coach Mayes still coaching Elliott Co.?

Retired after last season....I wouldn't exactly consider what he did coaching though...the Faulkners and Ferguson coached more than he did.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Retired after last season....I wouldn't exactly consider what he did coaching though...the Faulkners and Ferguson coached more than he did.

But he did look calm,cool and collected on the sideline.That has to count for something.:Thumbs:
kybaseball Wrote:But he did look calm,cool and collected on the sideline.That has to count for something.:Thumbs:

If you call kneeling on one knee and scratching your head with one finger calm then so be it
kybaseball Wrote:But he did look calm,cool and collected on the sideline.That has to count for something.:Thumbs:

ky wildcats Wrote:If you call kneeling on one knee and scratching your head with one finger calm then so be it

:thatsfunn :Thumbs:
LClion4life Wrote:Koty Riley from Lewis County doesn't make this list?

Who?
kybaseball Wrote:This is rumor.Timmy has got a offer from Tennessee Tech. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Yes he has an offer from Tech, Haven't seen him this summer.............But heard he dropped back to back 40 point games in AAU play. May be true, may not. Either way he clearly has more potential than anyone in the mountians........Justice included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
letthebighogroot Wrote:Yes he has an offer from Tech, Haven't seen him this summer.............But heard he dropped back to back 40 point games in AAU play. May be true, may not. Either way he clearly has more potential than anyone in the mountians........Justice included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...but simply cause Knipp is 6'7 and has the frame to add weight. I think he'd be better suited at a different program than EC though.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Yes he has an offer from Tech, Haven't seen him this summer.............But heard he dropped back to back 40 point games in AAU play. May be true, may not. Either way he clearly has more potential than anyone in the mountians........Justice included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks hog,when he wants to be a beast he can be a beast.You know that Elliott is not in the mountians though.:biggrin:
kybaseball Wrote:Thanks hog,when he wants to be a beast he can be a beast.You know that Elliott is not in the mountians though.:biggrin:

If you for one minute don't think Elliott Co is not in the mountains, you need to take a drive to Sandy Hook.
kyrifle Wrote:If you for one minute don't think Elliott Co is not in the mountains, you need to take a drive to Sandy Hook.

Been there done that many many times.
:Thumbs:
kybaseball Wrote:Thanks hog,when he wants to be a beast he can be a beast.You know that Elliott is not in the mountians though.:biggrin:

Thanks baseball! I had forgot.....................I bet we will be allowed in the mountains this season, since we won't be better than a certain 15th region team!
OK... Timmy is staying at EC... Hes not going anywhere this coming year or his senior year. i know timmy really well and i just want to throw that at ya hes not going no where.. he did think about going to a different school but EC is where he wants to be
letthebighogroot Wrote:Thanks baseball! I had forgot.....................I bet we will be allowed in the mountains this season, since we won't be better than a certain 15th region team!

YOU WERE ONLY BETTER THAN "THAT" TEAM 1/2 THE TIME LAST YEAR.IT'S NOT WHAT WAS IN THE MOUNTAINS.....BUT WHAT WAS IN THE "VALLEY":eyeroll:
Coffee Can Wrote:The sky is the limit for him. He could be a major D-1 player. I have been around a while and I have never seen no one get as much done with so little effort.

Totally agree. He is such a solid player, but if you ever watch him during warmups or whatever, he just doesnt look like he wants to be out there, but then he gets on the court and just provides and conrtibutes, and makes big plays. Been a big fan of this kid for a long time and I hope to see him down state 2 more times.
Update: Timmy Knipp:

(From Jody Demling's blog today)

Elliott County junior-to-be athletic wing Timmy Knipp was one of the state's sophomores last season, despite being on a senior-laden team that had several other high-scoring players.

But after losing six seniors, the 6-foot-8 Knipp knows he's going to have to be the main guy for the Lions next season.

He also knows his college stock is going up after an impressive first week - including several games of shooting lights out - of the July evaluation period for college prospects.

"I'm getting a whole lot of calls, letters, e-mail and stuff," said Knipp, who plays for the Derek Smith All-Stars 16s. "I just try to play hard and not recognize the coaches out here."

Knipp said he doesn't plan on making a decision until next year but says he already has scholarship offers from Tennessee Tech and The Citadel. He said Mississippi State and a number of other schools are also showing a lot of interest.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html
Knipp is a hard worker I wish our boys like Alexander from Russell would work as hard.