Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenny Wiley Golf Course Re-opening
The old golf course at Jenny Wiley State Resort Park in Prestonsburg, is re-opening. They have been growing the greens for a few weeks now and the course should be open soon.

9-hole course with 1 or 2 par 4's and the rest will only be par 3's.
I think I read in the paper a few weeks ago they are hoping for July 4th, but definitely by first of August? A good thing I like is that it is gonna be a "green-friendly" course, with no carts. I think walking the course will add some fun to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I think I read in the paper a few weeks ago they are hoping for July 4th, but definitely by first of August? A good thing I like is that it is gonna be a "green-friendly" course, with no carts. I think walking the course will add some fun to it.

Yeah, and the city has taken brilliant care of StoneCrest, so I know JW's course will look awesome.

Should be a very enjoyable course.
Fun little course. But not into walking. Ill stick with the country club in paintsville
Cut my teeth on the old course. Played many days there and I for one am glad to see them bringing it back new and improved. I like the idea of a mainly par 3 course and walking will add a nice tough to it. I thought I read somewhere that they may have a driving range up the old 5 or 7 hollow.