Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Jones...
Here's part of a Lexington Herald article.

Jones said he was down after not getting drafted and said his phone didn't ring at all on Sunday. But a call from the Ravens finally came on Monday morning. Jones said Oakland called UK special teams coach and former Raiders assistant Steve Ortmayer later that day, and Cleveland also called. By that time, though, he had already signed with Baltimore.

The Ravens are banged up in the secondary and drafted just one other defensive back, Nicholls State corner Lardarius Webb, so Jones feels good about his chances to make the roster and see the field as a rookie.

"I was down all night," Jones said. "But I woke up this morning at 8 o'clock, and (the Ravens) called me and said, 'You ready to be a Raven?' I was like, 'Yes, sir.' I'll get to play with great players like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed."

Looks like he had two other offers.
Great to see David sign with the Ravens. I think he is the first local boy I have seen play get in the NFL, or any other major professional league.
I hate the Ravens but congratulations to David Jones. Hope he has a long, successful NFL career.