Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCC Track Team
Not have had a chance to see how they are doing, could someone post on who is doing good, and what chances do we have to get a regional track champ.
Ms Hubbard has done an outstanding job.

Dakota Cornett has looked really good in discus and shot put. Won discus at Southwest Relays. Other field event people are Chase Knight, Caleb Frazier, Aaron Finn, Joey Kincer.

Devin Blair has long jumped over 18' and triple jumped over 38'.

James Gose has anchored the middle distances along with Nick Cook, Cory Stagner, and Jake Dixon. Gose has a 55 in the 400, and Stagnor has a 2:16 in the 800.

Kevin Wurschmidt has anchored sprint distances along with Devin Blair, Michael Frazier, and Craig Collier. Wurschmidt has ran a 22.73 in 200, 11.87 in 100.

Finished 2nd in the Southwest Relays at Powell Valley HS with 14 schools participating. Pretty good without a track to practice on.

61 total kids participating.

Will post girls on later.

Trenton Whitaker and Dakota Kincer have ran mile and two mile events with success.

Andrew Branham has ran the 110 and 300 hurdles.
Very good chance of a boys regional championship in 2A. Top 3 in girls as well very possible.
that is awesome. Can't wait till we get a track. Coach Sandy is doing a superb job. This is the kind of coach we needed at the 4 years ago.
cougarpride08 Wrote:that is awesome. Can't wait till we get a track. Coach Sandy is doing a superb job. This is the kind of coach we needed at the 4 years ago.
The community/parents need to get behind her or we may lose her. She teaches a full load of classes and never has time to prepare for track.
That is unfortunate for her. What are the parents not doing?
Placing pressure on AC to get something done.
As good as the track and cross coutry team is, just imagine what would happen. Drooling just thinking about it.
UKisN1 Wrote:The community/parents need to get behind her or we may lose her. She teaches a full load of classes and never has time to prepare for track.

cougarpride08 Wrote:That is unfortunate for her. What are the parents not doing?

UKisN1 Wrote:Placing pressure on AC to get something done.

What you really have to understand is that Sallie Hubbard's value as a track coach is only surpassed by her value as a teacher. What many of the people who post on this board have lost sight of is the concept that people should be hired as teachers first and coaches second.

Favorable teaching schedules is a slippery slope when you consider the amount of teachers who serve coaching roles. I understand that some high profile coaches in high profile sports are the recipients of such favors but where will it end?

High School sports have value, but don't put the cart before the horse and sacrifice quality of classroom instruction for the sake of athletics.
Know I fully understand , been there and done that. But when a so-called minor sport does not having anyone to lead it, it will ultimately die. There is no end at LCCHS because of the precedent set by its leaders. A win first at all cost attitude.

The value of an outstanding teacher far outgains what they can do with a few on the playing field.

Ms Hubbard never asked for these benefits and never will. I just stated my opinions and you ran with them.
I just think it is a testament to the teams that is minor sports that compete and become successful.
UKisN1 Wrote:Know I fully understand , been there and done that. But when a so-called minor sport does not having anyone to lead it, it will ultimately die. There is no end at LCCHS because of the precedent set by its leaders. A win first at all cost attitude.

The value of an outstanding teacher far outgains what they can do with a few on the playing field.

Ms Hubbard never asked for these benefits and never will. I just stated my opinions and you ran with them.

I know that Mrs. Hubbard would never ask for any benefits other than what is coming to her. She is doing an outstanding job as track coach and is an even better role model for the students. But, she is of greater value in the classroom as a teacher. As far as support is concerned, I believe she gets as much support as she can get with the exception of having adequate facilities. Lack of facilities is a common theme in Letcher County especially in the developing programs like track and even some other education opportunities. I understand that it is difficult to be patient.
The only reason my son runs track is Ms Hubbard. Take her away and the Track program dies.
I don't see her leaving...........until retirement anyway.
She isn't going anywhere.
could someone please post regional results when they are done. I think the meet is today.
LCCHS Boys Regional Champs
LCCHS Girls Regional Runner-ups
Here is a link to participants:

http://www.khsaa.org/track/2009/regional...celist.htm
That just shows individuals, haven't they posted it on khsaa web site?
Is that link the regional results or is it just who will ran in regional s?
Participants, here is results
http://www.khsaa.org/track/2009/regions/...egion7.pdf
Thanks!