Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The king wins MVP
Just reported on ESPN, Lebron James wins the 08-09 regular season MVP award. Congrats Lebron.:1:
There was never a doubt. Wade had a great year, Kobe dis what was expected, Bron carried the league!
dblg11 Wrote:Just reported on ESPN, Lebron James wins the 08-09 regular season MVP award. Congrats Lebron.:1:

im not even going to say nothing, dwayne wade got fu***ed in the ***, better season team wasnt as good and his name isnt lebron james
Deserves every bit of it.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Deserves every bit of it.

im not saying he dont deserve it, hes an amazing basketball player, going to be one of the greatest ever, but wade had the better season, taking a 15 win team to 45 wins
Wildcatk23 Wrote:im not saying he dont deserve it, hes an amazing basketball player, going to be one of the greatest ever, but wade had the better season, taking a 15 win team to 45 wins

Where's his team at right now? Sent out of the first round of the playoffs by the Hawks.
Great season for Bron Bron and his whole team. Best record in the NBA and a very good pick to win the whole thing at the end of the season. A great player makes things happen around him, while I agree that Wade and the Heat had a heck of a year, you cant take anything away from Bron and what the Cavs have done this season. Going 39-2 at home is just amazing and without Bron, Cleveland is an average team at the most. Great season Bron.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Where's his team at right now? Sent out of the first round of the playoffs by the Hawks.

you remember last year when the cavs was good but not great with lebron? what changed? hmm>? maybe them getting a over achieving guard named mo williams, lebron should not be your mvp, yea hes great, but dwayne had an amazing season takeing a 15 WIN TEAM TO 45 WINS, the heat is so young, its all up to wade, when lebron can kick the ball out with 5 seconds left and know that somebody else can make that big shot.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:you remember last year when the cavs was good but not great with lebron? what changed? hmm>? maybe them getting a over achieving guard named mo williams, lebron should not be your mvp, yea hes great, but dwayne had an amazing season takeing a 15 WIN TEAM TO 45 WINS, the heat is so young, its all up to wade, when lebron can kick the ball out with 5 seconds left and know that somebody else can make that big shot.

This has nothing to do with a team it is MVP most Valuable PLAYER not MVT but yet cavs will be the champs
No surprise to me.
theVILLE Wrote:This has nothing to do with a team it is MVP most Valuable PLAYER not MVT but yet cavs will be the champs

WHY THANK YOU, YOU JUST MADE THE POINT FOR ME THERE THEVILLE, LOOK AT THE STATS WADE IS HAVING THE BETTER YEAR CASE CLOSED:flame:
If Bron wasnt in Cleveland the Cavs wouldnt be very good period. If the Heat lost Wade, they would still be better than the Cav would be without Bron. Best player, best team.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:im not even going to say nothing, dwayne wade got fu***ed in the ***, better season team wasnt as good and his name isnt lebron james

"He deserved it," Wade said. "I said all year, I thought LeBron was the MVP of this league. He's a guy who every year is going to be in that conversation. ... He showed it all year, especially with his team's success."

From ESPN
Well earned. He has got alot of defense that most overlook because they are only waiting for the poster bound monsta dunk.
C.Clair Wrote:If Bron wasnt in Cleveland the Cavs wouldnt be very good period. If the Heat lost Wade, they would still be better than the Cav would be without Bron. Best player, best team.

lol, lol, and once again lol. they won 15 games last year lol,
Yeah but that was without Beasley and Chalmers who contributed a lot this year, and no Jermaine O'Neil. That is 3 very good players they added to Wade this year and that is a big reason they had such a turnaround. D Wade is a great player, but don't give him all the credit.
LeBron deserved this award in every way. If they would have gave it to someone else, they shouldn't give the award anymore. LeBron is the best player in the world right now, and he had his best season of his career so far, so how can you say Wade should have gotten it. Wade shoots most of the Heat's shots so he is supposed to score more. He is supposed to have more steals than LeBron because typically guards get more steals than forwards, and he still didn't have that many more than LeBron. He was behind LeBron in rebounds and they were almost even in assists. Wade also averaged more turnovers than LeBron. Plus, LeBron led his team to 23 more wins than Wade did. Any way you look at it, LeBron deserved it and earned it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:WHY THANK YOU, YOU JUST MADE THE POINT FOR ME THERE THEVILLE, LOOK AT THE STATS WADE IS HAVING THE BETTER YEAR CASE CLOSED:flame:

blackcat_mc Wrote:"He deserved it," Wade said. "I said all year, I thought LeBron was the MVP of this league. He's a guy who every year is going to be in that conversation. ... He showed it all year, especially with his team's success."

From ESPN

I guess it doesn't matter what any of us think. Looks like the NBA got it right based on Wade's comments....
runninrebs21 Wrote:LeBron deserved this award in every way. If they would have gave it to someone else, they shouldn't give the award anymore. LeBron is the best player in the world right now, and he had his best season of his career so far, so how can you say Wade should have gotten it. Wade shoots most of the Heat's shots so he is supposed to score more. He is supposed to have more steals than LeBron because typically guards get more steals than forwards, and he still didn't have that many more than LeBron. He was behind LeBron in rebounds and they were almost even in assists. Wade also averaged more turnovers than LeBron. Plus, LeBron led his team to 23 more wins than Wade did. Any way you look at it, LeBron deserved it and earned it.

Smile. wade averaged more blocks as well, being 3-4 inches smaller than lebron, but starust is right the nba declared is we argue about it, its the way of the world

So with this being Said [COLOR="Red"]CONGRATULATIONS PRINCE JAMES ON YOUR FIRST MVP AWARD[/COLOR]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Smile. wade averaged more blocks as well, being 3-4 inches smaller than lebron, but starust is right the nba declared is we argue about it, its the way of the world

So with this being Said [COLOR="Red"]CONGRATULATIONS [COLOR="DarkRed"]PRINCE JAMES ON YOUR FIRST MVP AWARD[/COLOR][/COLOR]

I like: :1:
Stardust Wrote:I like: :1:

TY
Wildcatk23 Wrote:WHY THANK YOU, YOU JUST MADE THE POINT FOR ME THERE THEVILLE, LOOK AT THE STATS WADE IS HAVING THE BETTER YEAR CASE CLOSED:flame:

thats because he has not team mates then right....he has to score and Bron has more assists and rebounds per game probaly...
Here are averages

Lebron MVP:biggrin:
points-28.4
Rebounds-7.6
Ast-7.2
Steal-1.69
Block-1.17
TO-3.0
A/TO-2.43

Wade
Pts-30.2
Reboounds-5.0
stl-2.19
block-1.33
TO-3.4
A/TO-2.17

Points-Wade
Rebounds-Lebron
Ast-Wade
Stl-Wade
TO-lebron
A/TO-wade

Teams- Lebron- 66-16
Teams-Wade-59-23
So maybe the better team did have the better player to manage to get more wins and wade barely beat him points...but could be becasue wade has no teammates and no body else could score???
Nice post Ville.
theVILLE Wrote:Here are averages

Lebron MVP:biggrin:
points-28.4
Rebounds-7.6
Ast-7.2
Steal-1.69
Block-1.17
TO-3.0
A/TO-2.43

Wade
Pts-30.2
Reboounds-5.0
stl-2.19
block-1.33
TO-3.4
A/TO-2.17

Points-Wade
Rebounds-Lebron
Ast-Wade
Stl-Wade
TO-lebron
A/TO-wade

Teams- Lebron- 66-16
Teams-Wade-59-23
So maybe the better team did have the better player to manage to get more wins and wade barely beat him points...but could be becasue wade has no teammates and no body else could score???

I really dont know why u left out wades assist and i have the stats save to my computer due to recently posting them not 2 weeks ago

2008-09 Statistics

LeBron James

28.44 PPG (2nd in NBA), 7.57 RPG, 7.25 APG (10th in NBA), 1.69 SPG (7th in NBA),

1.15 BPG, 48.9 FG%, 789 FGM (3rd in NBA), 78.0 FT%, 594 FTM (1st in NBA),132 3PTM

Buzzer Beaters - January 23rd @ Golden State Warriors

Fourth quarter stats - 7.7 PPG (1st in NBA)

30+ points in thirty-four games.

40+ points in nine games.

50+ points in three games.

28 double-doubles.

7 triple-doubles.

Team Record: 66-15 (Best record in NBA)

Last Season Record: 45-37 (13th best record)

Dwayne Wade
30.20 PPG (1st in NBA), 7.46 APG (9th in NBA), 5.04 RPG, 2.19 SPG (2nd in NBA),

1.34 BPG, 49.1 FG%, 854 FGM (1st in NBA), 76.5 FT%, 590 FTM (2nd in NBA), 88 3PTM

Buzzer Beaters - March 9th @ Miami Heat (Best play of the season)

Fourth quarter stats - 7.4 PPG (3rd in NBA)

30+ points in thirty-nine games.

40+ points in thirteen games.

50 + points in three games.

20 double-doubles.

0 triple-doubles.

Team Record: 42-38 (5th best record in East)

Last Season Record: 15-67 (30th best record)

Wade has single handedly brought his team from having the worst record in the NBA last season (15-67), to becoming the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference this season (42-38). he literally carried the Heat on his shoulders for the entire season and has proven consistently healthy throughout the entire year. wade also leads the league in scoring this season with a career high 30.20 PPG.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I really dont know why u left out wades assist and i have the stats save to my computer due to recently posting them not 2 weeks ago

2008-09 Statistics

LeBron James

28.44 PPG (2nd in NBA), 7.57 RPG, 7.25 APG (10th in NBA), 1.69 SPG (7th in NBA),

1.15 BPG, 48.9 FG%, 789 FGM (3rd in NBA), 78.0 FT%, 594 FTM (1st in NBA),132 3PTM

Buzzer Beaters - January 23rd @ Golden State Warriors

Fourth quarter stats - 7.7 PPG (1st in NBA)

30+ points in thirty-four games.

40+ points in nine games.

50+ points in three games.

28 double-doubles.

7 triple-doubles.

Team Record: 66-15 (Best record in NBA)

Last Season Record: 45-37 (13th best record)

Dwayne Wade
30.20 PPG (1st in NBA), 7.46 APG (9th in NBA), 5.04 RPG, 2.19 SPG (2nd in NBA),

1.34 BPG, 49.1 FG%, 854 FGM (1st in NBA), 76.5 FT%, 590 FTM (2nd in NBA), 88 3PTM

Buzzer Beaters - March 9th @ Miami Heat (Best play of the season)

Fourth quarter stats - 7.4 PPG (3rd in NBA)

30+ points in thirty-nine games.

40+ points in thirteen games.

50 + points in three games.

20 double-doubles.

0 triple-doubles.

Team Record: 42-38 (5th best record in East)

Last Season Record: 15-67 (30th best record)

Wade has single handedly brought his team from having the worst record in the NBA last season (15-67), to becoming the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference this season (42-38). he literally carried the Heat on his shoulders for the entire season and has proven consistently healthy throughout the entire year. wade also leads the league in scoring this season with a career high 30.20 PPG.

Well maybe the triple doubles and double doubles and 4th quarter stats had alot to do with it because lebron dominated that...and I forgot about his assists...thoug it was pretty good...my bad
theVILLE Wrote:Well maybe the triple doubles and double doubles and 4th quarter stats had alot to do with it because lebron dominated that...and I forgot about his assists...thoug it was pretty good...my bad

Alls Good,
I liked how he went back to his high school to get the award. Shows alot of class and seems like he likes giving back to the community.