Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Grylls
How good is this guy? The Will Ferrell show tonight was hilarious!
Bear Grylls has been caught cheating on his show. Instead of spending the nights there, he would helicopter out and stay in a hotel room.

Then, some of the stuff he would eat was staged. Like stuffing a fully cooked steak into an animal skin to make it seem like he was eating something raw.

If you want something more realistic, watch Survivorman.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Bear Grylls has been caught cheating on his show. Instead of spending the nights there, he would helicopter out and stay in a hotel room.

Then, some of the stuff he would eat was staged. Like stuffing a fully cooked steak into an animal skin to make it seem like he was eating something raw.

If you want something more realistic, watch Survivorman.

I agree. Survivorman is much better to me.
At the beginning of the show its says that he is demistrating how you could survive. Yes somethings are staged but it makes for good tv.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:At the beginning of the show its says that he is demistrating how you could survive. Yes somethings are staged but it makes for good tv.

It does. But, since I know he was caught taking a helicopter to a hotel at night while doing the show. I just can't watch it no more.
Bear does his own stunts and is a survival icon.Survivor Man is a pretty good show as well.
The guy does know his stuff but I don't like the fact that he takes a camera crew with him. Survivor Man does it by himself which to me is much more impressive.
so when he eats an eyeball he really isn't....wow man that ****es me off....its been a scam the hole time ....hey guys lets make a show here in Ky. and say we're in the Alps....haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
kybaseball Wrote:Bear does his own stunts and is a survival icon.Survivor Man is a pretty good show as well.

He fakes his own stunts, yeah.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:He fakes his own stunts, yeah.

What??? He does NOT fake his own stunts.That is rediculous.
I've seen before someone showed a spot where he said "if you don't make the jump, you'll die", yeah, umm there was a walking path under where he jumped.
I lost a lot of respect for him when I found out that some things were staged but I think that the point he tried to make was just how TO survive if you had to. I don't watch it that much anymore either though. Survivorman is impressive and it's cool that he films himself but the thing that I never really understood is this, if he sets up a camera and is taping himself, when you see him walking away or he has to do something like jump to other location, how he does recover the camera? Does he have to walk/go back to where it was, recover it, go to another location, set it up, and start filming again and then in the edit they just remove that segment of tape and just stream it all back together in a logical sequence?
I have seen Les say he had to make several trips over the same territory to recover his camera gear.