Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Morehead News - Snake Stories
http://www.themoreheadnews.com/homep...174134943.html

A Clearfield man’s recent encounter with a reptile could pass for a scene from “a cool sci-fi movie.” However, Matt Oesch of Fallin Timber Road said what happened to him was definitely real. Oesch came upon his rabbit cage with one more thing inside than he expected to see. He witnessed a five-foot snake ripping pieces of flesh from his eight-week-old caged, wild cottontail rabbits, he said. “It was mean and evil for a snake to do that,” he said. “I can understand a snake putting something to death and then swallowing it. I can’t see something eating an animal while it’s alive. If that snake was 20 foot long it could rip your arm off.” Oesch grabbed the only thing nearby he could find to distract the snake from his rabbits: a shovel.

“(The snake) chased one rabbit out of the cage, the one it was tearing up the most,” he said. The rabbit got away. The snake turned toward Oesch, he said.

“It spread its head like a cobra,” he said. “It’s got a big hole where it sprays stuff out at you. It was squirting stuff out at me. It wasn’t squirting stuff out at the rabbits.” Oesch said he did the only thing his instincts told him to do. He killed the snake with his shovel. After the killing, Oesch hung the snake from a tree in his yard. “The cat ripped the rabbit meat out of the snake and ate it,” he said. Oesch eventually examined the dead snake’s teeth. He was amazed that they were facing backward. Shortly after his battle with the snake, Oesch informed someone who was doing repair work on his garage door of what had happened.

He explained that the snake had shot a “clear mist” from its mouth...
That link doesn't work but I was interested so I found it, at

http://www.themoreheadnews.com/local/loc...34943.html
Thanks for fixing it Tribe.
No problem. This story was definitely wild.
That's insane!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Hate snakes, even green ones.
^ A good snake is a dead snake. My Father would disagree, but I don't like'em
Stardust Wrote:^ A good snake is a dead snake. My Father would disagree, but I don't like'em
We agree on this one.
I hope I never see a snake like that.
That would be the death of me--even if I didn't get bit by it, i would go into complete shock and die.
LOL!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
Im only afraid of 4 kinds of snakes:
Big Ones
Little Ones
Live Ones
Dead Ones.
The only way I want to see a snake is right in the sights of my 12 gauge. LOL!
I hate snakes more than anything
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Im only afraid of 4 kinds of snakes:
Big Ones
Little Ones
Live Ones
Dead Ones.
The only way I want to see a snake is right in the sights of my 12 gauge. LOL!

Amen! Great post
TheRealVille Wrote:We agree on this one.

We can probably agree that there area few politicians that we consider snakes too? :igiveup:

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:We can probably agree that there area few politicians that we consider snakes too? :igiveup:

:Thumbs: I would even venture to say more than a few. :igiveup:
TheRealVille Wrote::Thumbs: I would even venture to say more than a few. :igiveup:

http://www.dailyindependent.com/archives...34915.html

This one happened in my little town.

Sounds like the snakes in KY are getting a bit viscious.
Midee1 Wrote:http://www.dailyindependent.com/archives...34915.html

Yuck
The usual TidesHoss32 snake encounter goes something like this:
1/ Scream like a girl
2/ Find a shovel, a hoe, a Thompson machine gun, 12 guage, anything
3/ Kill it
4/ Watch it keep moving
5/ Scream like a girl some more
6/ Run like ****
7......while screaming like a girl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:The usual TidesHoss32 snake encounter goes something like this:
1/ Scream like a girl
2/ Find a shovel, a hoe, a Thompson machine gun, 12 guage, anything
3/ Kill it
4/ Watch it keep moving
5/ Scream like a girl some more
6/ Run like ****
7......while screaming like a girl.

LOL - I love it! :lmao:
Midee1 Wrote:http://www.dailyindependent.com/archives...34915.html

That one made my skin crawl just reading it LOL!
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090...ses+outage

A no-armed, no-legged bandit snaked his way into a West Side power substation and brought darkness to the area today.

He was described as long and slimy. A real snake – no, really.

The snake’s antics caused, at its peak, more than 11,000 Hamilton County customers to be without power starting at about 3:15 p.m. Three major substations were impacted, said Sally Thelen, Duke spokeswoman. The outages affected mostly the neighborhoods of White Oak, Harrison, Grosbeck, Peach Grove, New Haven, Okeanna and New Baltimore.

“Snakes sometimes like to sun themselves and will crawl across a line that’s insulated, but then go onto an non-insulated line and you can figure out what happens then,” Thelen said.

Duke Energy crews are working on the problem and power is already coming back up. Everything is expected to be resorted by 6:30 p.m., Thelen said.

There are many reasons why one snake at a single substation could take down two others, Thelen said, including surges or the way the power grid is routed. The substation does have an automatic shutdown in case anything goes wrong, so no real damage can be done.

“It’s amazing to know it can be something as small as a snake that can make our lives much more difficult,” she said.

A similar incident with a snake had happened in Northern Kentucky about two and a half months ago, Thelen said. The company has also faced problems from squirrels, chipmunks and birds in the past.

“It’s part of doing business and fortunately our systems have auto-shutdown mechanisms in a situation like that to make sure that everyone and everything stays safe,” she said
Pilot Fights Black Snake Stowaway on Plane

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197976,00.html

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Monty Coles was 3,000 feet in the air when he discovered a stowaway peeking out at him from the plane's instrument panel — a 4 1/2-foot black snake.

Coles had left Charleston earlier for a leisurely flight over the West Virginia countryside last Saturday in his Piper Cherokee and was preparing to land in Gallipolis, Ohio, when the snake revealed itself.

"Nothing in any of the manuals ever described anything like this," the 62-year-old Cross Lanes resident said. But the advice given 25 years earlier from his flight instructor immediately came to mind: "No matter what happens, fly the plane."

An attempt to swat the snake only resulted in it falling to Coles' feet under the rudder pedals. It then darted to the other side of the cockpit.

While maintaining control of the single-engine plane with one hand, Coles grabbed the reptile behind its head with his other.

"There was no way I was letting that thing go. It coiled all around my arm, and its tail grabbed hold of a lever on the floor and started pulling," Coles said.

The next step was to radio for emergency landing clearance.

"They came back and asked what my problem was. I told them I had one hand full of snake and the other hand full of plane. They cleared me in."

After a smooth landing, Coles posed for pictures with the snake, then let it loose.

"That snake resides in Ohio now," he said. "I wasn't about to bring it home. I don't mind snakes, but I sure like to know where they are."

Coles said he was lucky his usual travel companions, his wife and dachshund, were not on the flight.

"If my wife had been in the plane, I wouldn't have a wife, a plane or myself," Coles said. "I don't know what might have happened if Killer had been in the plane, but it sure would have been a lot more exciting."