Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andre Smith Signs with Bengals
The Cincinnati Bengals 1st round draft selection, Andre Smith (OL) from Alabama has finally reached an agreement with the Bengals front office.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingca...id=4432663
Finally. Don't expect him to be in the starting line-up for several weeks
^I agree SD!

On the last episode of Hard Knocks, a lot of the Bengals players where making fun of Smith during their talent show. Even the coaches where laughing. Although it was a practical joke, it doesn't look like Smith will come into camp with any respect.
He better be ready to bust his butt in practice if he wants to have any shot at starting a few weeks into the year. Hopefully he is a quick learner...

Incidentally, the contract he got is a pretty good deal for both sides. It is a 4-year deal with a team option (to be decided after the 2010 season) for another 2 years at the end. The initial deal is for a $26 million base for four years, which is far less per year (6.5 mil) than the #7 pick right after him (7.5 mil). However, if the team exercises the option, it jumps up to $42 million total over 6 years.

So basically, it's a good deal all around. If after two years Smith appears to be a colossal bust, then they can cut him or keep him as a backup for the next two years, all the while having committed far less money to him. If however, he entrenches himself as a solid starter, then they can choose to keep him under contract for a total of 6 years. All the while, Smith makes a boatload of money. :biggrin:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Smith fractured his foot today and is expected to miss a few weeks.
^ this is absolute Bengal Luck!
^ yea it is,
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Smith fractured his foot today and is expected to miss a few weeks.

Typical Bengal luck...

If I was a Bengal player, I don't think I'd head to Vegas anytime soon. If it wasn't for bad luck, this franchise wouldn't have any at all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Typical Bengal luck...

If I was a Bengal player, I don't think I'd head to Vegas anytime soon. If it wasn't for bad luck, this franchise wouldn't have any at all.
I BET this is one Cincy team Pete Rose bets AGAINST. :1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I BET this is one Cincy team Pete Rose bets AGAINST. :1:

Ain't that the truth... Sad

But since you brought it up - LET PETE IN THE HALL!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Ain't that the truth... Sad

But since you brought it up - LET PETE IN THE HALL!
Now that, my friend, I will agree with you on.:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Poor Cincinatti sports, I feel sorry for them.
i believe Cincy is a sleeper this year. i think the boys that needed to be back on track are on track now.