Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correction: Week Six Sports Overdrive Montage from WYMT Sports
With Week 7 right around the corner, lets take a look back at Week 6 with another version of Sports Overdrive to Metallica's One.

- Derek Forrest

www.twitter.com/derekwymt
Awesome!!! I look forward to these every week. I wish they were 30 minutes long though!!!!!!!!!
at the end of the year, I wish he would do a very long one about 45 minutes of the greatest plays, and moments of high school football.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
The hurdle by the Harlan County QB and the stiff arm by whomever Valley played was awesome!
Matt Bullens tackle for Rockcastle was nice. Also, the blue jersey had a great hid on the defender!
i wish one time they would show some more team's,,but they show the same one's over and over..
phelpsboy81 Wrote:i wish one time they would show some more team's,,but they show the same one's over and over..

WYMT shows clips from every game they cover that week. They cannot cover each and every game in the Mountains.
phelpsboy81 Wrote:i wish one time they would show some more team's,,but they show the same one's over and over..

They have limited resources and limited number of reporters. They try to show the most relevant teams in the most important games.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They have limited resources and limited number of reporters. They try to show the most relevant teams in the most important games.

That maybe true, but there's other people live in wymt coverage area than their favorites.......... If they can go to Jenkins, they surely can go to other schools......

Ymt has always been guilty of showing the big guns in the area, big ticket teams etc.....
firechief Wrote:That maybe true, but there's other people live in wymt coverage area than their favorites.......... If they can go to Jenkins, they surely can go to other schools......

Ymt has always been guilty of showing the big guns in the area, big ticket teams etc.....
I understand, but they are in it for viewers. Not many people want to see the highlights of two bad teams. Pikeville hasn't made an appearance this year, and its understandable.
Great job
Lets not forget what this thread is about. But, to defend the station. We have at the most 6 people on a given night shooting games on a Friday night, and that is on a good week. We only have so many games we can choose from with such a limited staff.

We do our best to see EVERY team in our coverage area at least twice during the year. Most schools of which we will see at least twice. We have seen Pikeville on a Saturday to clear that up. I was at the Boyle County game, and I am sure we will see them again.

Please understand that we have limited sources, but we care about every single team in our coverage area. Unlike what some people may think, we do not play favorites, but there are certain weeks that some games are more appealing than others.

But, back to what's important on this thread. I am glad that you all appreciate the montages!!!

- Derek Forrest

http://www.twitter.com/derekwymt
rock19701 Wrote:Lets not forget what this thread is about. But, to defend the station. We have at the most 6 people on a given night shooting games on a Friday night, and that is on a good week. We only have so many games we can choose from with such a limited staff.

We do our best to see EVERY team in our coverage area at least twice during the year. Most schools of which we will see at least twice. We have seen Pikeville on a Saturday to clear that up. I was at the Boyle County game, and I am sure we will see them again.

Please understand that we have limited sources, but we care about every single team in our coverage area. Unlike what some people may think, we do not play favorites, but there are certain weeks that some games are more appealing than others.

But, back to what's important on this thread. I am glad that you all appreciate the montages!!!

- Derek Forrest

dont defend nothing dont apolagies first one ive seen GREAT WORK keep it up West Jessamine fan.
rock19701 Wrote:Lets not forget what this thread is about. But, to defend the station. We have at the most 6 people on a given night shooting games on a Friday night, and that is on a good week. We only have so many games we can choose from with such a limited staff.

- Derek Forrest

www.twitter.com/derekwymt
My post was in defense of WYMT. I love the job you all do. I was just using Pikeville as an example because I'm not afraid to mention that we aren't at that level right now. Keep up all the good work you guys do for the area in all sports! :notworthy
That stiff arm was awesome. Keep up the good work WYMT!
is there any way i can see last weeks sports overtime.
ckns Wrote:is there any way i can see last weeks sports overtime.

You can check out last week's Sports Overtime here: http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsportsovertime

- Derek Forrest