Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Blue Madness @ Commonwealth Stadium
I know this has been mentioned before, but today as a guest speaker for a UK class, Coach Cal said he is working with a guy out of Nashville to see if it is feasible. He did say that due to weather concerns (temperature and rain worries), the event would be more about player introductions and entertainment and less about basketball activities.

I still think it would be awesome to have 70,000-80,000 people attending BBM. Not to mention, would be a lot easier to get tickets!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would love to see it
Beef Wrote:I know this has been mentioned before, but today as a guest speaker for a UK class, Coach Cal said he is working with a guy out of Nashville to see if it is feasible. He did say that due to weather concerns (temperature and rain worries), the event would be more about player introductions and entertainment and less about basketball activities.

I still think it would be awesome to have 70,000-80,000 people attending BBM. Not to mention, would be a lot easier to get tickets!

**** man, doesn't Commonwealth hold around 72,000 or something like that...The basketball court wouldn't take alot of room and they could put seats all over the field. IMO that would put it up to around 90,000.

Just Imagine...:eyeroll:
It would be amazing they would judt have to protect the field lol.
I don't know why they would be working on this now after tickets were already gave out instead of working on it months before the event? I'm not saying that it wouldn't be cool, because it would be amazing I'm sure. I think that it would take away from what Big Blue Madness is centered around and the weather would be a huge issue. I guess we'll see in the coming days. I'm game for whatever.
God I would LOVE THIS!!!!!!
Maybe its for next year
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Maybe its for next year

would have to be, they couldnt change it now
No, it's for next year. Weather is the main issue. Obviously if its raining they won't do anything on the court but it would still be an awesome atmosphere. Would have to watch out for dew too so if this does happen, you won't see a scrimmage. I think the team can give up a hour of practice though. Maybe even move it back to midnight and have some awesome tailgating!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It would be awsome but it dont matter to me i could watch the cats from the top of mount Fiji just to be able to see them whoooooooooooo love them cats:worthy::Thumbs::1::Clap:
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:It would be awsome but it dont matter to me i could watch the cats from the top of mount Fiji just to be able to see them whoooooooooooo love them cats:worthy::Thumbs::1::Clap:

Mount Fiji? Lol
Couldn't there be a glass roof or something of that sort put on it...?
Instead of adding to commonwealth and building a new basketball arena, I think we should just build a dome with about 70-75,000 seats in it and use it for both sports...kinda like the carrier dome
would love to see it. it would be awesome.
I thought they already was in the process of building a new arena already?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
gish_7 Wrote:Instead of adding to commonwealth and building a new basketball arena, I think we should just build a dome with about 70-75,000 seats in it and use it for both sports...kinda like the carrier dome
Bingo. I was thinking the same thing. It would be tons cheaper but with the new arena being built off campus, it will not be funded by the university. So, in reality, the University comes out cheap by just allowing someone else to claim the arena and make it the home of the Wildcats.
gish_7 Wrote:Instead of adding to commonwealth and building a new basketball arena, I think we should just build a dome with about 70-75,000 seats in it and use it for both sports...kinda like the carrier dome
great idea hope they consider something like that