Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 2010
What's everyones thoughts about this years baseball team. They are returning everyone except for there centerfielder Nick Hackney. I'm expecting another good year out of them. Even without Chandler.

Whats your opinion
I think they will be a solid ball club this year but they will miss shep alot I mean how could you not miss one of the best pitchers in the state. But I still think they will be a good ball game time will tell.
i just think that u have all that experience comin back so it shouldnt have much affect on them and Shep will still DH[B][/B]
Ive heard a rumor that Shepherd was trying to learn to throw with his left arm! Is there any truth to this?
RedWhiteBlue1 Wrote:Ive heard a rumor that Shepherd was trying to learn to throw with his left arm! Is there any truth to this?

I heard about that also, and he was throwing in the low 70's!
Shep was throwing very good lefty but he won't be throwing competivatly this year. He will fill in the DH spot and help the team out greatly!
I Think The Teram is district material.. But not any farther than regions
Officer X Wrote:I Think The Teram is district material.. But not any farther than regions

This team has almost the exact players as the year before...
excluding the pitching of chandler, and nick hackney in outfield..
they are picking up a really good 1st baseman and hitter, in eathan parsons
they were at the state tournament last year, and the team that beat them gave the win away to lex cath in the state championship. so please tell me how, they are just "district material, but not any farther than region"
they make it back to state
i say this team is more experienced this year so im sayin they have a chance to compete for the state title this year
Since KHSAA change the format to get to State you should make it, but watch out without Shep LC is not that dominating.
CleanupMan Wrote:Since KHSAA change the format to get to State you should make it, but watch out without Shep LC is not that dominating.

Couldnt have said it better Cleanup Man
This team would not have made it to state last year without Shep. He threw a ton of innings the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season. He totaled something like 23 innings in a week in semi-state and state. LC is still talented, and may very well win a weak 15th region, but don't underestimate the loss of Shep, he is your big game stud.
Future HOF'er Wrote:This team would not have made it to state last year without Shep. He threw a ton of innings the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season. He totaled something like 23 innings in a week in semi-state and state. LC is still talented, and may very well win a weak 15th region, but don't underestimate the loss of Shep, he is your big game stud.

Is there any question why he needed surgery?
Radaa Wrote:This team has almost the exact players as the year before...
they were at the state tournament last year, and the team that beat them gave the win away to lex cath in the state championship. so please tell me how, they are just "district material, but not any farther than region"
I heard that the Parson kid can pitch is this true? LC already has a great 1st baseman in Pack but I am sure they will find a place for him . It's alway great to have to much talent :biggrin: Good Luck in 2010
Will Ethan have problems being found eligible?
No, He's eligible.
Future HOF'er Wrote:This team would not have made it to state last year without Shep. He threw a ton of innings the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season. He totaled something like 23 innings in a week in semi-state and state. LC is still talented, and may very well win a weak 15th region, but don't underestimate the loss of Shep, he is your big game stud.

JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Is there any question why he needed surgery?

KHSAA rules allow only 15 innings per 7 day period, so this cannot in any way be accurate.
7 innings on Tuesday vs East Carter, 7 innings on Sat. vs East Carter, 9 innings on Wed. vs Owensboro. It was actually 23 innings in 8 days, and if you go further back he threw 7 innings vs Pikeville in the region on Thurs. That totals 30 innings in 13 days. I am not trying to imply anything, he is a big time pitcher, I am just saying he threw a ton of innings.
I believe he is a good pitcher, would be a great pitcher with a better attitude.
sure he will be missed but i believe they have some other pitchers that didnt log alot of innings last year that will step up and prove themselves.
LC has alot of talent and has had alot of talent the past few years. More talent than anyone else in the region.
LC will take districts easily. They will face tough teams in the regionals but they will come out on top with little struggle. Then they will go to state and put up a good run, the sky is the limit for this team. They have the talent to accomplish what the team 2 years ago just fell short of. STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
i think they will still win the region
def.
they will be good but Jc will win region
Radaa Wrote:This team has almost the exact players as the year before...

LC has a fine ball club please don't get me wrong. Two of their coaches are special friends of mine. They will have a fine season and I wish them well at least to a point. Now some things to remember are that the 57th will be much stronger. The teams have gotten older,stronger and more mature and will not be afraid to play. JC.Paintsville,Magoffin Co.and Pikeville will respect LC but not lay down for them. Lastly if my memory serves me correctly LC had a let up period during the season which made them appear very beatable.
Future HOF'er Wrote:7 innings on Tuesday vs East Carter, 7 innings on Sat. vs East Carter, 9 innings on Wed. vs Owensboro. It was actually 23 innings in 8 days, and if you go further back he threw 7 innings vs Pikeville in the region on Thurs. That totals 30 innings in 13 days. I am not trying to imply anything, he is a big time pitcher, I am just saying he threw a ton of innings.

You know I would like to know for sure if there's any truth to this because i'd so at what point should the family step in and stop that? There's no reason for a kid who is that young to throw that many innings in a week!
Lawrence County will be fine this year. Yes they will miss Chandler how can you not? I was at the pikeville scrimmage and Moore, Burton, and Cline all had good stuff. Hard throwers with excellent breaking balls. We all know LC will have the offense and defense, pitching was the only question and I believe they will be fine. Look for the dawgs to win district and region an one again return to state where anythig can happen