Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wesley 30 Allen 23
Wesley won a tough game. devin Kendrick lead the Riders with 12 pts all 3's, Matt Ison had a quite night with 2 pts. Tyler Harmon played a good game.
Allen played tough just could not find the basket, one game its going to click. We must keep our heads up and continue on and always remember win or lose act like you've been there before.
Crazy, Crazy game.. This game had the atmosphere of the county championships. Allen did a TREMENDOUS job of shutting down Matt Ison, but left the Kendrick kid open more than needed, and well, he knocked down the 3 ball. Like coach Wright said, Allen once again just could not find the basket, and it killed us. Eventually it will happen, and when it does, the Eagles will be a tough team. Anyway, I enjoyed this game very much, and I LOVED the atmosphere, just wow. I said this would be Duke & UNC the grade school version, and I was right. Eagles, I know you guys are disappointed in tonights outcome, but use this as motivation, and lets get better.
this was a awsome game... i have to say the coach at wesley needs to act like he is coaching a christian school and have class. the preacher running out on the court and acting like that makes me ashamed that i know him even tho he is a preacher. the team at wesley wouldnt be who they are if it wasnt for the coach from last year and everyone needs to remember that... tracy and his coaching staff all have class and dont walk out on the court during a game acting crazy.. remember he is the one that put that team where they are... allen is coming back so watch out!!!!!!!!
keep your heads up Eagles you all played a good game.
Congrats to the Riders
8-4 overall 3-0 Floyd County Conference
Big Time atmosphere tonight at Allen that made for a great game.
Congrats Wesley
Raidermom Every coach is going to make rookie mistakes.
I really dont think Coach Newsome ment anything directly at anyone

Iam sure Coach Wright made a few.
raidermom, coach newsome has class. he is the best coach that wesley has ever had and he is helping each player get better. he actually knows the game of basketball. he didnt run out on the court like u said. both teams played very well and this game had a great atmosphere and congrats to both wesley and allen hope u two have and outstanding year!!!
He never did anything that stupid that was done on purpose and everyone knows why it was done. It does not matter now whats done is done.
I knew this was going to be a big game,my boys came out wanting to win this game for me and that put a lot of pressure on them. We struggled to make shots but, played hard on defense. Wesley also wanted to win, the boys wanted beat their old coach and Coach Newsome wanted to win and there is nothing wrong with that. Hey, I wanted to win the game myself. We all make mistakes. I wish the best of luck to the boys at Wesley. To all the Allen players and fans thanks for all the support.

Tracy Wright
Allen Elementary
Well said Coach Wright there no reason for all the drama that surrounds these two great progams. Best of Luck to you and the Eagles.
sportsfan1975 Wrote:Well said Coach Wright there no reason for all the drama that surrounds these two great progams. Best of Luck to you and the Eagles.

I believe good things are coming for both programs. Wesley is down from last year, and Allen is just starting to build there program. Both teams should have some good years ahead :1:
I think this game went a little to far. I mean I didn't even know that these 2 schools were rivals. (We are NOT). This was just another game. Yes Tracy did coach our boys last year and did a fine job at it. It was his choice to leave and be replaced. An excellent choice that Pastor Ken made in letting Derek take over. BTW, our Pastor ran onto the floor because he was proud of our boys, he is at all our games to support our team. If you are ashamed to even know him I shall pray for you. As for our boys being where they are now, well it is not because of anyone except for themselves. They have practiced hard, dug deep and finally got to have play time this year. Their coach has done one thing, he has helped them to play like a team. There is NO LOOK AT ME this year. It is about the team. And as far as Derek getting excited, well look at it this way, at least he did not embarrass our boys by yelling and screaming at them unlike well you know who I mean. Not to be pointing fingers, but I don't remember Tracy ever doing that at Wesley. And to get worked up over 2 seconds was just plain rediculous. Well I can say this at least the parents of both teams acted as civil as they could.. *BS*..Can't wait for the next game. Proud of all our boys..LOVE THEM RIDERES
Proud Rider Mom Wrote:I think this game went a little to far. I mean I didn't even know that these 2 schools were rivals. (We are NOT). This was just another game. Yes Tracy did coach our boys last year and did a fine job at it. It was his choice to leave and be replaced. An excellent choice that Pastor Ken made in letting Derek take over. BTW, our Pastor ran onto the floor because he was proud of our boys, he is at all our games to support our team. If you are ashamed to even know him I shall pray for you. As for our boys being where they are now, well it is not because of anyone except for themselves. They have practiced hard, dug deep and finally got to have play time this year. Their coach has done one thing, he has helped them to play like a team. There is NO LOOK AT ME this year. It is about the team. And as far as Derek getting excited, well look at it this way, at least he did not embarrass our boys by yelling and screaming at them unlike well you know who I mean. Not to be pointing fingers, but I don't remember Tracy ever doing that at Wesley. And to get worked up over 2 seconds was just plain rediculous. Well I can say this at least the parents of both teams acted as civil as they could.. *BS*..Can't wait for the next game. Proud of all our boys..LOVE THEM RIDERES

Hmm. Regardless of what ppl think, I believe this game is "some what" of a rivalry now. The schools are seperated by like a mile (kinda like UNC & Duke) And the kids want bragging rights, and theres nothing wrong with that, thats why I brought that up in a earlier post. Also, both teams are pretty evenly matched (judging by there first meeting) so there are going to be some battles when they play. Anyway you cant tell me that this game wasnt heated like a rivalry game. Now, I dont mean it to be a rivalry game as in the kids should hate each other, by all means I never meant that. And that is not the case here. Like Tracy said, Wesley wanted to beat there old coach, and Allen wanted to win this one for Tracy. All in good fun. Congrats to Wesley on a hard fought win.

And im not sure of what you mean, starting at about the part where you state "Not to be pointing fingers" Cause it certainly sounds as if your pointing them at someone.
Well all I am saying is this game is for the boys, no matter who wins they are still gonna be friends. They will still spend the night with one another and they will still play xbox together. I think it is the parents and coaches that think these 2 schools should be rivals. I have many friends @ Allen, as does my son. I am not pointing fingers, I am just saying that everyone makes a few mistakes. Forgiveness is a part of life. I just hope the next game between Wesley and Allen is not as 2 rival schools, but as a group of kids playing this game and doing what they do best. The parents need to stay in the stands and leave it on the floor..*myself included*. Good luck to both teams in their next game.
It was a good game. The atmosphere was outstanding and both teams played hard. Coach Newsome did go a bit far in yelling and screaming like he did during the game and I am sure he has learned a lesson from that. The preacher running across the floor was not that big of a deal other than the fact that he failed to shake the hands of our players and coaches as he embraced the Wesley Coach and treated Coach Wright as if he was a complete stranger. I don't know what happened that caused Coach Wright to leave but I have never heard him say anthing negative about anyone at Wesley Christian. And Rider Mom, I would hope that your **BS** does not stand for what I think it does seeing as you are representing a Christian school. Everyone needs to just get over it, move on and prepare for the rest of the season. This was one game. There are many more left. And yes we at Allen will be ready to play Wesley next time and hopefully, everyone will leave the game with a more positive feeling. These are children and we must always remember that.
raidermom420 Wrote:this was a awsome game... i have to say the coach at wesley needs to act like he is coaching a christian school and have class. the preacher running out on the court and acting like that makes me ashamed that i know him even tho he is a preacher. the team at wesley wouldnt be who they are if it wasnt for the coach from last year and everyone needs to remember that... tracy and his coaching staff all have class and dont walk out on the court during a game acting crazy.. remember he is the one that put that team where they are... allen is coming back so watch out!!!!!!!!

RaiderMOM?

How'd you see what happen, when I believe the Middle School had a game that night at SF?
MCACoach Wrote:keep your heads up Eagles you all played a good game.
Congrats to the Riders
8-4 overall 3-0 Floyd County Conference
Big Time atmosphere tonight at Allen that made for a great game.

The Riders do play hard.

This will more than likely be the standings.

1. BL(14-0)

2-4 is up for grabs between Adams, AC, and SF.

5. Wesley/Allen 6-8 or one of them could be 5-9.

7. Stumbo(0-14)
Eagle 92, it stands for big smile, get ya head out of the gutter, *LOL* which means laugh out loud.. I know computer slang is just a bit out there..but no matter..
Thanks Rider Mom for clearing that up. I didn't think you were the kind of person who would put what I thought that stood for when I first read it.
First of all congrats to the Riders, as I read some of the post made I cant help but see a rivalry. I know both coach's very well and both have class some of the Rider fans might have forgot what coach Wright did while at Wesley just look at the wall and you can see 3 county runner-up in 3 year with the same group and a c-team title I think that's awsome for a small school like Wesley it's hard to compete with the big 4 if BL was'nt such a power house the last 3 year there might be more, Coach's dont yell at kids they only talk to the tone so the kids can here them I know coach Newsome he would never do that its hard for kids to here over a crowd, I say let the Coach's coach and the kids play and parent's sit back and enjoy and if you can't do that stay at home.
Both coaches are great coaches. Several people keep saying that Coach Wright built this 2009/2010 team but please take note that there are new players for Wesley this year that Coach Wright had no coaching with at all. The mixture of the talent of Coach Wright and Coach Newsome and Coach Jarrell are at work here. I hope that both teams have a successful, fun year and look forward to watching them play again.
Heard ths was an awsome game played the other nite, Well done to both teams. Heard the Wesley Coach was really fired up I personally like that in a Coach after all we all want to win. Also Heard Wesley even played without 1 of their Key players WOW way to go boys.
:lmao:
OH man does anyone know when round 2 of this new rivalry is . I don' t want to miss this one. and where was this one played at?
Well put nightrider.
Iam sure that this site was not created for coaches,parents,g-parents,or whoever to get on here as say stuff about people that they would never say to there face.

And until you have walked in a coaches shoes you should never critizie one.

ps. Riders and Eagles keep up the good work and maybe the parents will realize that this game should be about the players not about their personal differences.
Outstanding, you summed it up. Hopefully we can all get along and act like adults..
B Baller- The next game will be Jan 4th at Wesley. And Wesley did play with all of their players.
The Allen Eagles and Wesley Riders face off again tonight. Good luck to both teams. Hope it's a good game!