Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 2010
thoughts on the upcoming season for the Lady Engineers???

Mar 22, 10 Wolfe County away 5:30 PM

Mar 23, 10
Paul Laurence Dunbar home 6:00 PM

Mar 25, 10
Henry Clay home 6:00 PM

Mar 29, 10
Lee County home 5:00 PM

Mar 30, 10
Montgomery County home 5:15 PM

Apr 9, 10
Daviess County (at Somerset/Southwestern) 6:30 PM Keith Blair Memorial

Apr 10, 10 Southwestern (at Somerset/Southwestern) 3:00 PM Keith Blair Memorial

Apr 10, 10
Lloyd Memorial (at Somerset/Southwestern) 10:30 AM Keith Blair Memorial

Apr 12, 10
Owsley County home 5:00 PM

Apr 14, 10
Lexington Catholic home 5:30 PM

Apr 15, 10
Model home 5:30 PM

Apr 19, 10
Powell County away 5:00 PM

Apr 22, 10
Owsley County away 5:00 PM

Apr 26, 10
Lee County away 5:00 PM

Apr 27, 10
North Laurel away 6:00 PM

Apr 29, 10
Woodford County home 6:00 PM

Apr 30, 10
East Jessamine home 6:00 PM

May 1, 10
Lawrence County 12:00 PM

May 1, 10
Montgomery County away 10:00 AM

May 3, 10
Powell County home 5:00 PM

May 4, 10
Paul Laurence Dunbar away 6:00 PM

May 6, 10
Model away 5:30 PM

May 10, 10
George Rogers Clark away 5:15 PM

May 11, 10
Madison Central away 5:30 PM

May 13, 10
Henry Clay away 6:00 PM

May 17, 10
Lafayette away 7:30 PM

May 18, 10
South Laurel home 6:00 PM

May 20, 10
Madison Southern home 5:30 PM

May 21, 10
Montgomery County away 5:30 PM

May 21, 10
Tates Creek 7:15 PM

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...fp10/31858
Coach Beard will have the girls ready to play. She is a super lady, and I wish them well.
Since 2004 the Lady Engineers are 132-85 under Coach Beard and have went to State for 5 years in a row. Can they make it 6 years in a row???
Should be pretty good which they always are.
Coach Beard with all due respect... but the assistant coach there is the one who does all the work.... puts in extra hours while Coach is gone or at home... He knows fastpitch and he is the reason for there success... Sorry just telling like it is.... If he gets the head coach position there you will see alot better teams coming out of there.... I believe his last name is Travis...
^ would his last name be Dawes???
nope not Dawes. It's Mike Travis... He is coaching a travel ball team out of Ashland this summer....
^ I don't know him. how long has he been a assistant coach for Estill???
5 years - well you need to get up there more often if you want to see the truth. He deserves the head coaching job when she steps down.
ill see what i can do. im pretty sure she will step down after this year. i heard rumors that she was gonna step down after the end of last year but she didn't. i would assume that if he applies for the job that he would get looked at real close.
March 27th @ Johnson Central 12:30 pm (im pretty sure this is in The Battle By The Creek Tournament @ Johnson Central where each team will get 2 games)
Coach Beard has the siuation well under hand.Before Mike showed up she was doing just as well and with him there,Estill Co. is the force to reckon with as they always have been.
Shirley Beard KNOWS the game and Im quite sure she has retained the lessons she learned from the late JL Thomas(whom in himself is a coaching legend).Mike is a great guy and very knowledgeable of the game-But Coach Beard has everything under control
and CAN leave early with confidence that her girls will do things correctly.Estill Co. is the dominate team in the region and will continue to be so for quite a while.
lol okkkkkkkkkk .... How many games did JL coach fastpitch? With all due respect to coach Beard I will not go there. Oh yea JL did not coach fastpitch... He was a slow pitch coach... come on give me a break. I will not dog and put down any coach on hear cause coaching is a very tough job these days esp. when dealing with kids and parents. Estill could be a better team across the state not just in the 14th. 14th is the weakest region in the state but it could be better with better coaches who KNOW FASTPITCH and NOT SLOWPITCH. There is a different.... Blue do you know the game of fastpitch? or did you play slowpitch?? I have some fastpitch fundamental questions if you like to answer to test your knowledge.... I'm not dogging Estill or Coach Beard just want the best to make fastpitch better in the state... and Estill could be better competing across the state rather just the 14th.... have a nice day
EXCUSE ME-But JL THOMAS did coach fastpitch softball as well as slowpitch.
And he coached fastpitch enough to tear up some 10th and 11th region teams-not 14th. And yes-I did play fastpitch softball in the 60's and 70's
and NO I will not belittle myself to your insecure/childish challange of knowledge.Unless you have lived and experienced over 58 years of sports
you need to quiten down a little bit and learn for a change.Dont challange me to nothing-you will lose.:redboxer:
mmmmmmmmm good got ya going now.... JL did coach fastpitch??? are you sure?? how long has fastpitch been in the state of Ky??? I bet you don't know. Do you know the difference in fastpitch and modified pitch? Don't get so excited you will be ok. I have been around for a long time and been around high school and college fastpitch and basketball...and not just eastern ky but western and southern ky... Challenge I love a challange but you will loose when it comes to fastpitch trust me on that. Who did you play fastpitch for??? Now JL did have some great slow pitch teams and was a great slow pitch coach and a great person. Don't get so excited. Learn?? I do pick up things now and then but you better believe i do know fastpitch. Did JL have any girls go to college and play fastpitch? I don't know so i was just asking. You need to tell me about Estill fastpitch cause I'm not that familiar.. just know a few people there and you maybe one. So don't get mad no need to.
I dont know that you are old enough to have the knowledge you claim-why not educate me ?I too know fastpitch I played for several all-star teams from Louisville and Houston Texas.I also played for 2 teams from Vancouver.Dont go there you will be disapointed.
what teams did you play for??? I guess I should ask are you talking mens fastpitch? Go there??? Blue Do you work with any girls down there in Estill? I can educate you in the game of fastpitch. Blue trust me on this you have no idea. But I do respect the elders so i won't go there. You know fastpitch why do you not help with the high school team. Why do you not work indivdual instruction with the young ladies. Shoot I can tell your knowledge already if you think certain coaches can coach. We can go back and forth all day but we need to stop. Sorry if I offended you in any way. Don't mean to just stating my opinion from what I see and see around the state. Oh What years did JL coach fastpitch? I was just wondering. Lawsuit in 94 required state to start fastpitch in 95 but slow pitch was here till 07. Did Estill start playing fastpitch in 95? not arguing just asking. what was estill first year of playing fastpitch?
Do you work with the girls at the highschool?With the wealth of knowledge you seem to have,they could benefit tremendously.Why-they could be world champions.Could you be
on the staff already?On silly me-of course not they arent quite that good yet are they.
JL THOMAS started coaching fastpitch in 1994 by state mandate(as you of course stated).Toni Stephenson received a scholarship to Georgetown College(fastpitch).And JL
is the carrer victory leader in all sports at Estill Co.Im through discussing this with you,if I change my mind I'll be sure to let you know in my PRAYERS because you seem to think you are the SUPREME Being in knowing all there is to know.
March 26th, 10 Bishop Brossart (@ Johnson Central) 8:00 pm Battle By The Creek

March 27th, 10 @ Johnson Central 12:30 pm Battle By The Creek
You are right I'm done with you. BUt it was 95 season they started. Oh and you should be the one to help since your in that area and since you have great experience.lol lol They did not mandate they had to offer it. They had slowpitch till 07 and it was played mostly by Northern KY schools.... Scott high school, Lloyd... and so on... But you are right about one thing I met JL one time and it was at state in 05 (I think) and seemed to be a pretty good person. I'm done...... Oh yea strikeout nice pics...LOL
outsidein Wrote:You are right I'm done with you. BUt it was 95 season they started. Oh and you should be the one to help since your in that area and since you have great experience.lol lol They did not mandate they had to offer it. They had slowpitch till 07 and it was played mostly by Northern KY schools.... Scott high school, Lloyd... and so on... But you are right about one thing I met JL one time and it was at state in 05 (I think) and seemed to be a pretty good person. I'm done...... Oh yea strikeout nice pics...LOL

they've had Fast Pitch As Far As I Can Remember, had it as far as back as the KHSAA Scoreboard goes back in late 90's.

Thank You For The Pic Comment