14th Region Tournament
This tournament will take place at Letcher County Central

Monday(Mar 1)

6:30 p.m. Estill County vs Letcher County Central
8:00 p.m. Leslie County vs Breathitt County

Tuesday(Mar 2)

6:30 p.m. Knott County vs Powell County
8:00 p.m. Jackson City vs Perry Central

Friday(Mar 5) - Semifinals(6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.)
Saturday(Mar 6) - Finals(7:00 p.m.)
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This tournament will take place at Letcher County Central

Monday(Mar 1)

6:30 p.m. Estill County vs Letcher County Central
8:00 p.m. Leslie County vs Breathitt County

Tuesday(Mar 2)

6:30 p.m. Knott County vs Powell County
8:00 p.m. Jackson City vs Perry Central

Friday(Mar 5) - Semifinals(6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.)
Saturday(Mar 6) - Finals(7:00 p.m.)

Thanks! i was gonna ask about this
Winners-LCC, Breathitt Co, KCC, PCC

Would set the stage for very good match ups in the semis.
UKisN1 Wrote:Winners-LCC, Breathitt Co, KCC, PCC

Would set the stage for very good match ups in the semis.

I agree.
I think Powell County will make it to the finals.

They have a 21-5 record and are on a 14 game winning streak. They have to get past Knott Central in their bracket, a team they lost to by 7 earlier in the season. But that game was in Hindman. They have a well balanced team, but their main two weapons are Stevie Rogers (25 ppg) and Kendrea McFarland (20 ppg and 11 reb).
The 56th district is a little under the radar in the region. I watched Ch. 57's SportsOvertime with Brian Milam and another guy last night and the only region teams they wanted to talk about was Breathitt, Letcher, and Knott. Powell wasn't mentioned. Teams that overlook the Lady Pirates may soon regret it.
Watched Powell early in the year and was impressed with their talent. Kcc has improved tremendously throughout year. Slone will be hard to contain in their game. Still think the two tough games against LCC at the end of the year at LCC will pay dividends for them. Hope it is a good game.
I look forward to watching Powell again at Letcher. Their bench is deep and that is another fact to take into consideration.
KCC better not overlook Powell. Rogers and McFarland are beast. However KCC will match up well with Powell. Rogers cant go for 51 points like agianst Harrison County and KCC win this game.

Letcher and Breathitt in the semis could determine the championship.

But dont forget about PCC, who has a bye to the semis.
Lucky7 Wrote:KCC better not overlook Powell. Rogers and McFarland are beast. However KCC will match up well with Powell. Rogers cant go for 51 points like agianst Harrison County and KCC win this game.

Letcher and Breathitt in the semis could determine the championship.

But dont forget about PCC, who has a bye to the semis.
And I think she had 35 last night in the championship game.

Regardless of who they play someone will have to put a stop on her, and if they pay too much attention to her then McFarland will put a hurt on opponents too.
I would rank the teams as:
1. Breathitt Co
2. Letcher Central
3. Knott Co
4. Perry Co
5. Powell Co
6. Leslie Co
7. Estill Co
8. Jackson City
Until someone beats the defending champions, they have to be the favorites. Letcher Central has homecourt advantage. Knott and Perry have been coming on as the season has progressed, Powell has not defeated any of the top 4. Leslie's Moore can put it in the basket and on any night can beat anyone. Estill and Jackson have little or no chance. JMO
UKisN1 Wrote:I would rank the teams as:
1. Breathitt Co
2. Letcher Central
3. Knott Co
4. Perry Co
5. Powell Co
6. Leslie Co
7. Estill Co
8. Jackson City
Until someone beats the defending champions, they have to be the favorites. Letcher Central has homecourt advantage. Knott and Perry have been coming on as the season has progressed, Powell has not defeated any of the top 4. Leslie's Moore can put it in the basket and on any night can beat anyone. Estill and Jackson have little or no chance. JMO
Powell hasn't played Perry, but they had a close loss to Knott in Hindman, lost to Letcher in Whitesburg, and lost to Breathitt at home the second game of the season.
Powell is not the same team they were the first half of the season. They have turned it on down the stretch and will be a hard out for any of the top 4 you mention. I think they'll beat Knott in the first round and Perry in the semi's. Breathitt or Letcher in the finals is another matter though.
Are they doing split sessions friday night?? there will be a packed house with those 4 teams in the semi's. They all have a very big following, would be nice to see Letcher filled up for a girls semi final game. Good luck to all of the teams involved. The Knott/Powell game is the best first round matchup and either team could win this one.
Breathitt/Letcher will be an amazing matchup
Perry and either Knott/Powell will also be a great game. Can't wait for these games.
Eruption Zone Wrote:I look forward to watching Powell again at Letcher. Their bench is deep and that is another fact to take into consideration.

Won't happen
Powell has to play their bench in the region. These are good teams that they are going to be playing.
There will not be a split session. I agree semi's will be packed and good games. Look forward to all the games this upcoming week.
For U Wrote:Powell has to play their bench in the region. These are good teams that they are going to be playing.
Powell has some very talented younger bench players and it will come into play.
This should be a very good regional tournament. 6 of the top teams in the region are in the tournament.

Letcher will defeat Estill.
Breathitt over Leslie

Powell over KCC, in a battle
Perry over Jackson City

Letcher and Breathitt will kill each other in the semis, LCC wins close one
Perry Defeats Powell

Perry upsets LCC
Should be a great tournament. 1st round matchup of Knott and Powell should be good one. Semi-finals will be awesome regardless of the marchups. Looking forward to all the games this week. A really loud gym at LCC should make for some intense action. Good luck to all teams involved. GO LCC!!!!!!!!!!!
Scenario that could play out.
Lucky7 Wrote:This should be a very good regional tournament. 6 of the top teams in the region are in the tournament.

Letcher will defeat Estill.
Breathitt over Leslie

Powell over KCC, in a battle
Perry over Jackson City

Letcher and Breathitt will kill each other in the semis, LCC wins close one
Perry Defeats Powell

Perry upsets LCC

Here's how I see it:

Letcher defeats Estill
Breathitt over Leslie (comfortably)

Powell defeats Knott in a great game.
Perry over Jackson City with the bench playing the second half

Letcher defeats Breathitt in semi's in a close one (and only because they're playing in familiar surroundings)
Powell beats Perry in the other semi game by around 5. Rogers and McFarland are their usual one-two punch.

Letcher defeats Powell by 10 to win the championship
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Won't happen
I hope Powell plays their bench but I am afraid that he won't either. It's his loss if he doesn't.
If the young girls off the bench have progressed over the season, I see no reason for them not to play for Powell County. They are very athletic and aggressive offensively and defensively.

Remember Lookayanner that LCC just beat Breathitt Co at their home recently. If they meet will be a dandy.
PC Hoops Wrote:I hope Powell plays their bench but I am afraid that he won't either. It's his loss if he doesn't.
I was impressed with Stevie Rogers' little sister (8th grader) off the bench in the district tournament. She's a lefty and looks like she's going to be a dandy. According to the Powell people at the district Powell is loaded in their middle school. They say it's the best they've ever had. They play mostly in a Bluegrass league and did very well this year.

I agree, Powell has a good bench and they will need to use it because Breathitt, LCC, PCC and KCC will all come at them 100% full court defense. Their defense is their offense in most cases. That's the way they've always played. Turnovers converted to baskets. Powell's starters will have to be rested.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I was impressed with Stevie Rogers' little sister (8th grader) off the bench in the district tournament. She's a lefty and looks like she's going to be a dandy. According to the Powell people at the district Powell is loaded in their middle school. They say it's the best they've ever had. They play mostly in a Bluegrass league and did very well this year.

I agree, Powell has a good bench and they will need to use it because Breathitt, LCC, PCC and KCC will all come at them 100% full court defense. Their defense is their offense in most cases. That's the way they've always played. Turnovers converted to baskets. Powell's starters will have to be rested.

The only way these teams can play. They press and press. Most teams do well for awhile then they have a few turnovers and before you know it the game is over.
Good luck to all
Since the tourney is at Letcher,I will go with Letcher!! Look for Powell to be in the finals.Great semi-finals!!!
Perry Central win championship over Letcher in finals
Letcher meets Perry in the finals, with Letcher winning the title.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Amburgey will coach the Lady Patroits to the region title, without a question.:Clap: