Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Football?
Superman20 Wrote:Compared to any school in the area, Paintsvilles staff is the youngest as far as age and coaching experience. You have Craig Ratliff in the booth for every game. How many years of hs football did he play? Adam Davis is a great guy, but how many years of football did he play? Thats two guys that never played high school football. How many years have you coached football? your most experienced assistant is on his 3rd year, and isn't even 30 years old yet. Thats a very young staff and you know as well as i do that the more experience you all get, the better you can teach the game. Compare your staff to Johnson Central, pburg, lawrence co, pikeville, etc. Paintsvilles is the youngest. All i can tell ya is hang in there, and i hope you all get things turned around. The toughest part of your schedule is over with.
A very astute post I must say Mr. Sman two zero.Couldn't agree with you more.:Clap: Young Tiger players:Help will be forth coming.The stands will be full of Of Tiger players who really know the score and the game.Help will come too late for some,not soon enough for others and timely to certain groups. Go Big Blue. Gut it up for the old guys, one time.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:A very astute post I must say Mr. Sman two zero.Couldn't agree with you more.:Clap: Young Tiger players:Help will be forth coming.The stands will be full of Of Tiger players who really know the score and the game.Help will come too late for some,not soon enough for others and timely to certain groups. Go Big Blue. Gut it up for the old guys, one time.

Amen to that brother. Hopefully they realise how much this would mean to the alumni and whip magoffin all the way back to salyersville. They are perfectly capable, and this time around the boys are ready to get the reward for all the work and effort they have put in. IMO the hornets are gonna be running into a buzzsaw at the ville friday night.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Amen to that brother. Hopefully they realise how much this would mean to the alumni and whip magoffin all the way back to salyersville. They are perfectly capable, and this time around the boys are ready to get the reward for all the work and effort they have put in. IMO the hornets are gonna be running into a buzzsaw at the ville friday night.

I hope your right. I think it will be a good game friday, thats for sure :rockon:
Superman20 Wrote:Out of all the players that have played football at paintsville in the past, do you really think there aren't any that have any coaching experience or don't know more about football then someone in there mid 20's? Justin Arms is being mentored by one of the best coaches in the area and that does make a difference.

If there are so many guys that played at Paintsville who have coaching experience, name em... Age means nothin when it comes to football knowledge. You say Justin Arms is being mentored by one of the best, well what about the college coaches we (me and Justin both) had at Pikeville College. Rob Keefe (you might have seen him on ESPN two weeks ago) who is the head coach for the Spokane Shock, they won the Arena Bowl two weeks ago, briefly played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, won an Arena Bowl as a player also. Travis Crusenbarry, the Oline coach for the Spokane Shock arena team. Eric Smith, Quarterback coach at the University of MICHIGAN. Chris Desanto, played Oline for the Philadelphia Soul, coaching arena somewhere now, can't remember where. Cecil Moore, played WR for the Baltimore Ravens before a knee injury ended his career. John Kreager, was an All-American in his playing days at UT Chattanooga. All those I named were our coaches at Pikeville College. If you think we didn't know anything about football before we left PC, then you're crazy. In 2005, we (Pikeville College) were ranked 7th in the nation at point. We lost to the University of the Cumberlands (Ranked 8th) 25-24, and lost at Georgetown (Ranked 9th) 21-19, finished the regular season ranked 14th in the nation. Lost in the first round of the playoffs to the eventual National Runner-Up St.Francis (Fort Wayne Indiana). I also started TE for Pikeville that year. But what do I know, I'm just a first year assistant, I don't know anything about football. What did any of my coaches know, it's just the NAIA.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:If there are so many guys that played at Paintsville who have coaching experience, name em... Age means nothin when it comes to football knowledge. You say Justin Arms is being mentored by one of the best, well what about the college coaches we (me and Justin both) had at Pikeville College. Rob Keefe (you might have seen him on ESPN two weeks ago) who is the head coach for the Spokane Shock, they won the Arena Bowl two weeks ago, briefly played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, won an Arena Bowl as a player also. Travis Crusenbarry, the Oline coach for the Spokane Shock arena team. Eric Smith, Quarterback coach at the University of MICHIGAN. Chris Desanto, played Oline for the Philadelphia Soul, coaching arena somewhere now, can't remember where. Cecil Moore, played WR for the Baltimore Ravens before a knee injury ended his career. John Kreager, was an All-American in his playing days at UT Chattanooga. All those I named were our coaches at Pikeville College. If you think we didn't know anything about football before we left PC, then you're crazy. In 2005, we (Pikeville College) were ranked 7th in the nation at point. We lost to the University of the Cumberlands (Ranked 8th) 25-24, and lost at Georgetown (Ranked 9th) 21-19, finished the regular season ranked 14th in the nation. Lost in the first round of the playoffs to the eventual National Runner-Up St.Francis (Fort Wayne Indiana). I also started TE for Pikeville that year. But what do I know, I'm just a first year assistant, I don't know anything about football. What did any of my coaches know, it's just the NAIA.

Where did I say you didn't know anything about football? Did I direct any message towards you? Did i say, Ryan J. doesnt know football? lol no i didn't
Redneck Wrote:If there are so many guys that played at Paintsville who have coaching experience, name em... Age means nothin when it comes to football knowledge. You say Justin Arms is being mentored by one of the best, well what about the college coaches we (me and Justin both) had at Pikeville College. Rob Keefe (you might have seen him on ESPN two weeks ago) who is the head coach for the Spokane Shock, they won the Arena Bowl two weeks ago, briefly played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, won an Arena Bowl as a player also. Travis Crusenbarry, the Oline coach for the Spokane Shock arena team. Eric Smith, Quarterback coach at the University of MICHIGAN. Chris Desanto, played Oline for the Philadelphia Soul, coaching arena somewhere now, can't remember where. Cecil Moore, played WR for the Baltimore Ravens before a knee injury ended his career. John Kreager, was an All-American in his playing days at UT Chattanooga. All those I named were our coaches at Pikeville College. If you think we didn't know anything about football before we left PC, then you're crazy. In 2005, we (Pikeville College) were ranked 7th in the nation at point. We lost to the University of the Cumberlands (Ranked 8th) 25-24, and lost at Georgetown (Ranked 9th) 21-19, finished the regular season ranked 14th in the nation. Lost in the first round of the playoffs to the eventual National Runner-Up St.Francis (Fort Wayne Indiana). I also started TE for Pikeville that year. But what do I know, I'm just a first year assistant, I don't know anything about football. What did any of my coaches know, it's just the NAIA.
Hey Mr. Red. We love you and your service to the Tiger football program. Thanks in advance. However two months in the saddle does not make anybody a rodeo cowboy. Any level of college play does not qualify someone to play in the NFL nor coach along side Vince L. and Lou H. A better prerequisite would be to learn about people. It is most difficult to do this at an early age. You ask for some names,let me throw out a few oldies but goodies. Try the likes of Walter Brugh, Bill Decker, Jim Wheeler, Paul Sheets
Ronnie Wells,Milton Preston and come to the sideline Friday night to see many more. Again we love you to death. Your drive can lend greatly to the program but please look around at what is happening.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Hey Mr. Red. We love you and your service to the Tiger football program. Thanks in advance. However two months in the saddle does not make anybody a rodeo cowboy. Any level of college play does not qualify someone to play in the NFL nor coach along side Vince L. and Lou H. A better prerequisite would be to learn about people. It is most difficult to do this at an early age. You ask for some names,let me throw out a few oldies but goodies. Try the likes of Walter Brugh, Bill Decker, Jim Wheeler, Paul Sheets
Ronnie Wells,Milton Preston and come to the sideline Friday night to see many more. Again we love you to death. Your drive can lend greatly to the program but please look around at what is happening.

I can tell ya one thing, when I got to Pikeville College they laughed at me when I was tryin to block usin the ole "flipper" that I was taught from the time I was in 2nd grade. That stuff don't cut it now days. I think the world of all those you named, but their techniques are outdated. Somebody brought up Craig Ratliff and how many years he played high school football. What in the world does that have to do with havin football knowledge. Charlie Weiss never played football, and I'm sure there are many, many more great coaches out there who never played. Would you have played if you were 6'9" and had a mid 90's fastball, not to mention a darn good basketball player. Yea, that's alot different then bein 6'0" and a decent basketball or baseball player, thinkin your gonna go to UK and be a basketball star like so many kids these days think. Just because Craig didn't play football in high school doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about football. He's actually pretty knowledgable.
Superman20 Wrote:Where did I say you didn't know anything about football? Did I direct any message towards you? Did i say, Ryan J. doesnt know football? lol no i didn't

No, but you said we were too young. I just wanted to fill ya in on some of the coaches I learned from in college, not too shabby if ya ask me. You can ask Justin Arms too, aside from Joe Chirico (who was also one of my coaches in H.S.), he learned ALOT from those guys as well.
Redneck Wrote:No, but you said we were too young. I just wanted to fill ya in on some of the coaches I learned from in college, not too shabby if ya ask me. You can ask Justin Arms too, aside from Joe Chirico (who was also one of my coaches in H.S.), he learned ALOT from those guys as well.

Idc who you learned from in college to be honest. I NEVER said you were to young to coach, so your basically just wanting to start an arguement. Your name was never even mentioned and you basically brought yourself into that discussion. All i said that was from top to bottom that Paintsville had a young staff which is a FACT. How can I say your to young, when im giving props to Justin Arms and you two are the same age? lol You've coached 2 games and your saying that your at the same level as Justin and I just don't believe that. Comparing Craig Ratliff to Charlie Weiss is funny. Doesnt matter what examples you give, the best coaches I've witnessed are the ones that played the game. Plain and simple. Can't believe you would get on here and disrespect great people that have helped the program in the past by saying everything was "outdated".
Redneck Wrote:I can tell ya one thing, when I got to Pikeville College they laughed at me when I was tryin to block usin the ole "flipper" that I was taught from the time I was in 2nd grade. That stuff don't cut it now days. I think the world of all those you named, but their techniques are outdated. Somebody brought up Craig Ratliff and how many years he played high school football. What in the world does that have to do with havin football knowledge. Charlie Weiss never played football, and I'm sure there are many, many more great coaches out there who never played. Would you have played if you were 6'9" and had a mid 90's fastball, not to mention a darn good basketball player. Yea, that's alot different then bein 6'0" and a decent basketball or baseball player, thinkin your gonna go to UK and be a basketball star like so many kids these days think. Just because Craig didn't play football in high school doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about football. He's actually pretty knowledgable.
Hey coach. you keep the monster block but give me the kid that puts his headgear on his man and drives him out. You will never make a good argument for a lack of experience. It just won"t work. And please don't put the guys down who could win.
Superman20 Wrote:Idc who you learned from in college to be honest. I NEVER said you were to young to coach, so your basically just wanting to start an arguement. Your name was never even mentioned and you basically brought yourself into that discussion. All i said that was from top to bottom that Paintsville had a young staff which is a FACT. How can I say your to young, when im giving props to Justin Arms and you two are the same age? lol You've coached 2 games and your saying that your at the same level as Justin and I just don't believe that. Comparing Craig Ratliff to Charlie Weiss is funny. Doesnt matter what examples you give, the best coaches I've witnessed are the ones that played the game. Plain and simple. Can't believe you would get on here and disrespect great people that have helped the program in the past by saying everything was "outdated".

What could Justin possibly learn from Matney that he didn't learn from Joe Chirico as far as the position he coaches?...Nothing. I never said I was on the same level as Justin, there are things he knows more about than I do, and vise-versa. And I wasn't comparing Craig to Charlie Weiss, was just saying that there are many great coaches out there who never played the game, and it's not just football.

I wouldn't matter who was coaching, alot of people just wouldn't be satisfied. We had Chuke in here back in 04', and IMO when coach LeMaster stepped down they should have gave the job to him. HE and Michael Copely built that team (the 05' team that got beat in the Region Finals at Somerset) into what they were, but NO, let's not hire one the greatest coaches to ever walk the sidelines in the state of KY. It just don't matter, some will never be satisfied.

I wasn't disrespecting any of those coaches from the past, they are old school and that's fine, but it wouldn't cut it against Beechwood, LCA, etc, not now days. I wasn't disrespecting them at all, I loved playin for Ronnie in Elem and Middle School, same goes for coach Sheets, and heck Milton is my cousin, i liked him as a coach in high school.
Redneck Wrote:What could Justin possibly learn from Matney that he didn't learn from Joe Chirico as far as the position he coaches?...Nothing. I never said I was on the same level as Justin, there are things he knows more about than I do, and vise-versa. And I wasn't comparing Craig to Charlie Weiss, was just saying that there are many great coaches out there who never played the game, and it's not just football.

I wouldn't matter who was coaching, alot of people just wouldn't be satisfied. We had Chuke in here back in 04', and IMO when coach LeMaster stepped down they should have gave the job to him. HE and Michael Copely built that team (the 05' team that got beat in the Region Finals at Somerset) into what they were, but NO, let's not hire one the greatest coaches to ever walk the sidelines in the state of KY. It just don't matter, some will never be satisfied.

I wasn't disrespecting any of those coaches from the past, they are old school and that's fine, but it wouldn't cut it against Beechwood, LCA, etc, not now days. I wasn't disrespecting them at all, I loved playin for Ronnie in Elem and Middle School, same goes for coach Sheets, and heck Milton is my cousin, i liked him as a coach in high school.

No ones going to be satisfied when paintsville is getting blown out the way that they have been. I agree, Chuke and Copley would have been good for paintsville. Jim Tom deserved his chance to be the head coach though, so I understand why that didn't work out that way. I am sure that when a coach with one year as an assistant gets a job over a coach that was a defensive coordinator for state championship teams, then whoever made that choice for the program should be blamed. Jason may know football and i question a lot of his decisions..but I will give him credit for taking chances during games (like the fake punt against pburg). I have a question for you though. Why wasn't the Caldwell kid the starting qb last year? Imagine how much better last years team would have been with him as the qb. Thats a prime example of a young coach making the wrong choice.
Redneck Wrote:What could Justin possibly learn from Matney that he didn't learn from Joe Chirico as far as the position he coaches?...Nothing. I never said I was on the same level as Justin, there are things he knows more about than I do, and vise-versa. And I wasn't comparing Craig to Charlie Weiss, was just saying that there are many great coaches out there who never played the game, and it's not just football.

You are right with people not being satisfied though. I can remember I wasn't satisfied at times with Burrheads descions during games. Looking back on it, he was a good coach and was really good to all of his players. I wish he had never stepped down and let Jim Tom take over. With him and his staff, i believe they could have put together some really good teams the past 5 or 6 years.

You know Snake, the winning of the old school has been subbed for "something" that is extremely new. Over all 400 and that's not blue.My, my, my. It is not the record so much as the margins in each game. For tonight's game our hearts go out to the players,hoping they find a way to win.Go tiger players.:Clap::Thumbs::Cheerlead