Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers 38 Buccaneers 13
Final.
Beautiful...I'll take 16 more games just like this one, lol..Batch looked good. The running game looked good. The defense looked good..3-0 without Big Ben, and this fatboy's a happy camper! Way to go Black and Gold!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They are 3-0 after a 38-13 dismantling of previously unbeaten and badly overmatched Tampa Bay. They are the class of the AFC North and clearly they are a legit candidate to advance to the Super Bowl.:flame:
Not bad for a fourth-string quarterback!:Thumbs:
Batch was intercepted on his first pass of the day and then turned nearly flawless. He completed 12 of 17 passes for 186 yards and three touchdowns. He threw a second interception, which led to Tampa’s only touchdown, late in the fourth quarter.
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!! Bring on the RATBIRDS!!!!
:rockon:
I didn't think in a million years the Steelers would start 3-0!!! I would love to have chance to watch a game if Louisville's CBS affilate would show something other than the Bungles or Colts. Judging by the numbers, it looked like another dominating performance on defense. Sounds like they may be as good or better than 08. If this domination continues on defense and Steelers get some consistent offense, Steelers will be hard to beat has a great chance to compete for their 7th title. Looks like this will be an exciting season.
Got to assume that Batch has secured one more start although Byron will be healthy. Some of the reverse stuff was silly today. They quickly ditched that trickeration and Mendenhall was a man today. I think the O'line will have to do a better job next week if there's any hope of establishing the run game on the Ravens who will no doubt try to make Batch beat them. Defense will have their hands full, but who in Steeler country thought that they'd be 3-0, and possibly 4-0 without Ben? Not me. How sweet would that be to end up 4-0 with a bye week for Ben to get ready to face the Browns? It would be sweet indeed. It's all the more important however to be injury free on the defensive side of the ball. So far, so good!
Steelers do look quite solid on defense. Defensive class of the league right now. I am still not sold on the offensive though. Here's to an exciting AFC north race this year.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Steelers do look quite solid on defense. Defensive class of the league right now. I am still not sold on the offensive though. Here's to an exciting AFC north race this year.

Right now, I believe the philosophy on offense is just not to turn the ball over and give the other teams a short field.
Jarons Wrote:Right now, I believe the philosophy on offense is just not to turn the ball over and give the other teams a short field.

Yea I agree. I think that they have been INCREDIBLY strong considering the situation but they are due for a down week. Possible against the Ravens.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:HitWall: