Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-head ref: Hit on Bengals' Jordan Shipley a 'cheap shot'
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101...heap-shot-

Mike Pereira has seen plenty of questionable hits over the years as the former NFL vice president of officiating.

When it comes to the hit Browns safety T.J. Ward laid on Bengals receiver Jordan Shipley during the fourth quarter of Sunday's game, Pereira called it one of the worst he's seen in awhile.

On Tuesday, Pereira, who now works for Fox Sports, said Ward should be fined at least $25,000 for the hit, which gave Shipley a concussion.

"It was a malicious hit and a cheap shot. Some say you shouldn't use him as an example. I say use him as one," said Pereira in a phone interview.
He got jacked.
I didn't see it...
but the picture looks bad lol
He was smoked out of his shoes. It was one of the best hits of all time.
Stardust Wrote:He was smoked out of his shoes. It was one of the best hits of all time.

It would have an awesome hit had it not been an act of unsportsmanlike conduct.
Stardust Wrote:He was smoked out of his shoes. It was one of the best hits of all time.

If it wasn't the Browns vs Bengals I might have been watching it lol
BEREA, Ohio — T.J. Ward’s “cheap shot” was costly.

For delivering a nasty blow to an opponent’s head, the NFL belted the Browns’ rookie safety in the wallet

Ward, who in just four games as a pro has developed a reputation as a ferocious tackler and fearless talker, was fined $15,000 Wednesday for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Cincinnati wide receiver Jordan Shipley during the fourth quarter of the Browns’ win on Sunday.

Ward confirmed he was fined, but he would not divulge the amount. However, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press that the league assessed Ward the $15,000 penalty for ramming Shipley, who was knocked out briefly and sustained a concussion.

The league will not announce its discipline on Ward until Friday.