Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
73.68%
Southwestern
26.32%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County vs. Southwestern 10/15
wildthang3 Wrote:Class all of sudden matters for on the field performance....? If thats the case then Mike Hartline should be POY. Abner is a good player, but if you want to say that just b.c he is SR now, and the game is at SW, that he is going to turn into former KC KOR Dante Hall, well than ok.

Captain, you are awful rough on Spencer....Why?

Dante Hall never had a game as good as Abner did returning the ball against SW two years ago at the Reservation. Abner did it once, who's to say he can't do it again.
wildthang3 Wrote:Class all of sudden matters for on the field performance....? If thats the case then Mike Hartline should be POY. Abner is a good player, but if you want to say that just b.c he is SR now, and the game is at SW, that he is going to turn into former KC KOR Dante Hall, well than ok.

Captain, you are awful rough on Spencer....Why?

You're 100% correct. Class has no bearing whatsoever with a player's performance--that's exactly why most teams start just as many freshmen as juniors and seniors.....oh wait. That's why players set their personal highs in weightlifting when they're freshmen...oops.

Its all relative to the player's talent. Mike Hartline is certainly better as a senior than he was as a sophomore. This year he's got a passer rating of 143.52 vs. 104.71 his completion percentage is 66.5 vs 55.5, he's got 9 TDs and 3 INTs (in 6 games)vs 9 TDs and 8 INTs (the whole 2008 season). The fact that he's a senior doesn't make him an NFL draft pick he is certainly a much better player than he was as a sophomore. And so is Abner.

Barring injury or a poor work ethic almost all players improve from their sophomore to senior seasons, particulary in high school. That is one of the weakest arguments I've ever heard.

Maroons 35-14.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Can I substitute Jason Spencer for Dale?

You throw in Girdler and Planet Quetog will take them.
CAN'T GET RIGHT Wrote:You throw in Girdler and Planet Quetog will take them.

And who might this be?
I have seen both teams. SW started 9 players both ways back in early September. I think they still start 7 or 8 both ways. Pulaski Co. starts 4 both ways. I think this helps the Maroons. In PC's only loss to a very talented Henry Clay team, they moved the chains all night. They outgained HC by over 100 yards. Turnovers in the Red Zone was PC's demise that night. SW is a pretty good team, but, I feel that Pulaski Co. is better and takes better advantage of their athletes. I feel that the Maroons will win.
this should be an interesting matchup i reckon. ill take pulaski by 17 though
Captain Backdoor Wrote:The locals around Somerset is calling this the Backyard Brawl. Pulaski County takes on cross town rival Southwestern for the District Championship. Will the 6-1 Maroons come out the District Champs or will the Warriors avenge the 16-6 loss from last year and defeat the Maroons on senior night?

Thoughts/Predictions

For the record let's get it straight, there is only [B]ONE[B] backyard Brawl and that's played between WVU and Pitt.
WVU and Pitt only wish their game meant more than this one!!! :redboxer:
PC 2 tds
I won't be going to any WVU-Pitt game. I will, however be at the PC-SW game... along with just about everyone else in town. It should be a great one!
I predict that both schools will be ticked off about something when the game is over!
Forever Maroon Wrote:I won't be going to any WVU-Pitt game. I will, however be at the PC-SW game... along with just about everyone else in town. It should be a great one!

I was planning on going but I have to work!!:HitWall::redboxer:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
[quote=wildthang3]Class all of sudden matters for on the field performance....? If thats the case then Mike Hartline should be POY. Abner is a good player, but if you want to say that just b.c he is SR now, and the game is at SW, that he is going to turn into former KC KOR Dante Hall, well than ok.

Let's look at it this way, Good players (Abner) get better, maybe even great as they get older and gain experience. Bad players ( Hartline), well, the best they can hope for is average. I think Mike has reached his potential! :Thumbs:
zebra'seyes Wrote:I predict that both schools will be ticked off about something when the game is over!

And blame the officials too!!!
Forever Maroon Wrote:WVU and Pitt only wish their game meant more than this one!!! :redboxer:

It will this year.
BigEastZebra Wrote:And blame the officials too!!!
Why would they do something like that? Not these teams, NEVER!!! HaHa! I just hope it is a clean game and both teams come out healthy. No matter who wins, this could be a region final preview. Better get there early, Southwestern will fill up in a hurry!!!
i feel sorry for the referees tonight. It should be a lot of whining and complaining from both sides.

SW wins 2-0 on a safety on the third play of the game.

Also watch out for the clock keeper he is a crook.
Willie Turnover Wrote:i feel sorry for the referees tonight. It should be a lot of whining and complaining from both sides.

SW wins 2-0 on a safety on the third play of the game.

Also watch out for the clock keeper he is a crook.

Good to have ya back on Willie...Your right you can never trust a clockkeeper they are crooks!