Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Walls the New Head Coach at Pikeville
Congrats Walls! Bring us back some hardware!

HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Congrats!
Congrats to Matt Walls for getting this position! He bleeds Maroon and has a wealth of knowledge about the game. Give him time and he will bringing home region championships in no time. Good luck Walls, I'll be there to support you every step of the way!
Congrats to The new Coach!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Interesting hire but when that baseball job opens up he'll slide right in!
This is one hire I never seen coming? I thought he'd stay with baseball, but I guess being a head coach can be used as a platform for other things?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:This is one hire I never seen coming? I thought he'd stay with baseball, but I guess being a head coach can be used as a platform for other things?
I think Matt just wants to be over a program and get the experience of being a head coach. I think ultimately, he will want to return to baseball, but that doesn't mean he won't take softball as seriously. Matt is a great guy who will give 100% to make Pikeville softball into a strong program. I think he will stay with the program until he is sure that it has been improved and can be stable even with a transition. He did a great job as Jr. High baseball coach, JV baseball, and as an assistant in 2010. He took over calling pitches when Pikeville went on the run towards the end of last year.

Hopefully Walls will stay involved with Pikeville athletics for as long as he can. He is the type of guy that is a good influence on and off the field.
Once again Pikeville will be lucky to make it out of the district. Got a lucky draw in the region tourney last year and by Paintsville upsetting Lawerence County in the district set up what of should of been the 15th region championship game East Rideg vs. lawrence Co. East Ridge destroyed pikeville last year and they will again this year. East Ridge is an offensive machine. Better have some pitching because they will score some runs this year.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Once again Pikeville will be lucky to make it out of the district. Got a lucky draw in the region tourney last year and by Paintsville upsetting Lawerence County in the district set up what of should of been the 15th region championship game East Rideg vs. lawrence Co. East Ridge destroyed pikeville last year and they will again this year. East Ridge is an offensive machine. Better have some pitching because they will score some runs this year.
Lol. It must suck waking up and just being pissed at the world.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I think Matt just wants to be over a program and get the experience of being a head coach. I think ultimately, he will want to return to baseball, but that doesn't mean he won't take softball as seriously. Matt is a great guy who will give 100% to make Pikeville softball into a strong program. I think he will stay with the program until he is sure that it has been improved and can be stable even with a transition. He did a great job as Jr. High baseball coach, JV baseball, and as an assistant in 2010. He took over calling pitches when Pikeville went on the run towards the end of last year.

Hopefully Walls will stay involved with Pikeville athletics for as long as he can. He is the type of guy that is a good influence on and off the field.

Congrats to Matt. Is little brother Chad still in Lexington?
Bob Seger Wrote:Congrats to Matt. Is little brother Chad still in Lexington?
Yes, he is.
ERblue4ever Wrote:Once again Pikeville will be lucky to make it out of the district. Got a lucky draw in the region tourney last year and by Paintsville upsetting Lawerence County in the district set up what of should of been the 15th region championship game East Rideg vs. lawrence Co. East Ridge destroyed pikeville last year and they will again this year. East Ridge is an offensive machine. Better have some pitching because they will score some runs this year.

I'm not going to lie this could be the funniest statement of the year so far?:lmao:
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I'm not going to lie this could be the funniest statement of the year so far?:lmao:

Wanna bet he transferred from Lawrence Co. for the second semester?:biggrin:
Well jackrabbitslim, you must not laugh a lot. Thats well understood when you don't know softabll. Probally don't get out and watch softball any. When you see I'm right get back on here and state that the comment you made is the funniest comment of the year. I need a good laugh, Oh I will get one when I watch East Ridge play pikeville!!!!!
ERblue4ever Wrote:Well jackrabbitslim, you must not laugh a lot. Thats well understood when you don't know softabll. Probally don't get out and watch softball any. When you see I'm right get back on here and state that the comment you made is the funniest comment of the year. I need a good laugh, Oh I will get one when I watch East Ridge play pikeville!!!!!

I'm all for support of East Ridge. But keep this conversation on topic. The last thing we need is more arguments between East Ridge and Pikeville :argue:

Good luck to Pikeville's new coach and all of the teams in the region this year.