Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Orton Has Another Knee Injury
ORLANDO, Fla -- Rookie center Daniel Orton is back in Orlando after just two games in the NBA's Development League, but that's not a good thing.

Orton injured his troublesome left knee again -- the one that made him drop to the end of the first round in last June's NBA Draft -- Saturday night for the New Mexico Thunderbirds.

Since he was drafted after just one season at Kentucky, Orton has spent his time with the Magic trying to strength that left knee, which caused him to miss his senior year of high school after surgery.

He has yet to appear for the Magic beyond summer league play.

"It is what it is,'' said Magic general manager Otis Smith Monday. "He was actually starting to play well.''

Orton will be examined by the Magic's medical staff later in the day and is scheduled for an MRI on Tuesday.

In his D-League debut Friday night, Orton had 12 points, 13 rebounds and a blocked shot in 30 minutes. On Saturday night, he had 8 points, three rebounds and one blocked shot in 12 minutes before leaving in the first half.
Orton should have never left the cats. He should have enjoyed his days as a college basketball player and let his knee fully heal. Now he injured again with people who could care less about him or about his future!
I really believe this is why he left so early. Had he stayed, he'd been force to play more minutes & possibly risk reinjury. Going pro allowed him to get paid & at least have something to bank if he did get hurt. We may have seen the last of him, but he's made more in a matter of months than most of us will make in a lifetime!!
The Blue Blur Wrote:I really believe this is why he left so early. Had he stayed, he'd been force to play more minutes & possibly risk reinjury. Going pro allowed him to get paid & at least have something to bank if he did get hurt. We may have seen the last of him, but he's made more in a matter of months than most of us will make in a lifetime!!

Never thought of it like that.
That sucks.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Never thought of it like that.

Me neither, but we had no idea about how well his knee really was.