Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to buy a good new/used car?
Income tax time is right around the corner and my plans are to finance a almost brand new vehicle but with a big big down payment of around 10 g's.. The rest I want financed to help build credit but really have no credit at the time. My question is, without a co-signer is there any car dealers or lots that are willing to work with something like this? Any advice is much greatly appreciated.
I have never bought a car off the lot BUT I am sure if you throw 10,000 dollars at them, they will work with you. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
^
10000 will almost buy you the new car. I dont see why not unless your going for an escalade or hummer lol
I had 4k cash on me a few years back when I was searching for a new vehicle and found a '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo on a lot in Johnson County for 7k and told them I had 4k cash on me and he accepted the offer. Just don't ever let the dealer know how much cash you have as you want the best possible deal.
Without credit, I suggest you stay away from all walter car lots.
Ballers Wrote:Income tax time is right around the corner and my plans are to finance a almost brand new vehicle but with a big big down payment of around 10 g's.. The rest I want financed to help build credit but really have no credit at the time. My question is, without a co-signer is there any car dealers or lots that are willing to work with something like this? Any advice is much greatly appreciated.

Yes, if you have that much to put down on a vehicle, I'm doubtful that you will have any issues. If you go to a larger car lot, they have pretty good finance people and can help you get to what you want. I would not suggest that you tell this to the salesman. First negotiate your best deal, then let them know. Let the finance people help you get what you need.
I'm looking for an SUV type of vehicle, kinda newer. Thanks for the info guys.
btw, has anyone ever heard of Glenn Automall? I was thinking about purchasing from there. Pros cons? anything?
If you have a big down payment you won't have a problem financing.

Look at it from the lenders point-of-view....
you have a young guy with no credit and you want to put 10k down.
If you miss a payment they could repossess the car and they can auction it off and come out in the green because they have 10,000 in their pocket already.

I would recommend http://www.motorvationmotorcars.com
Low mileage cars at really good prices.
^Great looking place, great mileage vehicles, and great venue of cars.
May have to take a trip to Lexy for that one.
Thanks for the advice, Zag.