Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alomar and Blyleven
It was announced that Roberto Alomar and Bert Blyleven have been elected to the Hall of Fame. Barry Larkin finished a distant third although he did increase his percentage of the total vote over last year.

Larkin will likely be elected in a year or two. He is a deserving candidate.

I strongly believe that the voters need to be much more selective in the future. While I can't argue with Alomar or with Blyleven, there are many in the Hall with less that stellar accomplishments. Many were elected by the members of the Vereran's Committee who had a tendency to elect a lot of their old buddies from the 1930s and 1940s.

While the Hall has the true immortals such as Cobb, Ruth, Wagner, Johnson, and Mathewson, it also has too many who were above average at best.

I guess we must accept the fact that the H of F, like so many other institutions, has various levels of excellence.
Both are deserving and for Blylevin it's about time. I commented in the Larkin thread about what are feelings are about Barry's chances in the future.
As an Indians fan it is nice to get some good news after the death of one of, if not the, greatest Indian of all time.

Congrats Alomar.
LWC Wrote:As an Indians fan it is nice to get some good news after the death of one of, if not the, greatest Indian of all time.

Congrats Alomar.

Bob Feller was the greatest Cleveland Indian of all time. There should be no doubt about that.
Bob Feller was an incredible player.