Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 56 Shelby Valley 53 (59th District Championship)
Incredible. 59th district champs, ER Lady Warriors, back-to-back. Congrats to my Lady Warriors! Roll Tribe!
Hollie McCarty with 12 points in the 4th quarter, 23 for the game.
Wow. It has happened again for the second year in a row, as a Shelby Valley girls team favored to win district has lost in the postseason an underdog East Ridge team they had handled in the regular-season.

I had mentioned this earlier in the pregame thread, but this is becoming a disturbing trend for SV fans. Despite having teams that were as talented as any in the region, Valley has now gone 4 years in a row without winning district. This team has got to learn to play better in big games. Hopefully they find some way of getting over the hump in regionals.

Congrats to East Ridge, and good luck to both teams in the regional!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Congrats to East Ridge, and good luck to both teams in the regional!

Two teams that have a very good chance of seeing one another in the 15th region tournament.
Wow.. I wasn't expecting this at all. Congrats ER.
If Rowe would have played more in the 3rd they would have won.
Congrats to the Lady Warriors. McCarty really stepped it up in the 4th quarter.

I was very proud to see two of Dorton's 8th graders stepping up in this game. Taylor Rowe gave a huge lift off the bench offensively and Abby Smallwood played very well defensively (with 3 blocks I believe).
Just to let you know it is not the team that need to learn how to play a big game,it is the coach that don't know who to play or what to play or what to do in big games...He never did and never will win the big game...You may say he went to state with the boys but it was because he had an assistant that could coach, and that assistant took Valley boys to the state a few times and even won state. Rowe has never been and will never be a good coach...All he knows how to do is yell and cuss and blame others, but truth is he just cant coach
I think Rowe has done a great job with the girls program. He has some great wins under his belt and not to mention a couple of regional titles. Just for the record that so called assistant was no where around for the second title run, he was helping Mr.Spears and waiting to get in the back door. Valley is very young and have some great years ahead of them. Congrats Coach Campbell.
ladycat12 : just to show you how much you know...big bad booher wasnt even an assistant for rodney the second year they went to state...and my mamaw could have coached justice's team and won state.
you just showed your ignorance. easy to figure out that somebody you loved wouldnt good enough to play tonight.
LadyCat12 Wrote:Just to let you know it is not the team that need to learn how to play a big game,it is the coach that don't know who to play or what to play or what to do in big games...He never did and never will win the big game...You may say he went to state with the boys but it was because he had an assistant that could coach, and that assistant took Valley boys to the state a few times and even won state. Rowe has never been and will never be a good coach...All he knows how to do is yell and cuss and blame others, but truth is he just cant coach

is that why coach Rowe got coach of the year this year in the 15th
Coach Rowe's daugther is amazing! Anyways, the Valley girls absolutely choked this one away in poetic fashion. I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that this team should have won by 10 points tonight. At least 10 points were absolutely left at the line and 2 or 3 were the fron ends of a 1 and 1. Which really you could probably say 13 or so points were left at the line.

Poetic in the scene that both Valley teams lost crucial point at the line to the effect of around 10 points or so. I know that the boys went 13-27 but I think the girl could be even worse than that. may 6-18 or something crazy....... ugh.
Anyways, I still think that Valley has a great chance to win it all but they have to take advantage of their style of play!! Getting up and down the court, dribble and driving will put you at the line multiple time with so many chances to get momentum (and yes some may be 1 and 1). Get that mindset back and come out a firing in the regional tourney!! Come on Valley!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
For your information ladycat12, I was Rowe's assistant when they won their first 2 regional titles plus an All A regional title. Your ignorance is well known now.
Congrats East Ridge. Shelby Valley can take solace in the fact that they are still in the running for a Regional Title.
oops we did it again. Go Lady Warriors. Go luck at the regional tournament. I will be there cheering you on. Go Warriors Go!!!!
new o Wrote:For your information ladycat12, I was Rowe's assistant when they won their first 2 regional titles plus an All A regional title. Your ignorance is well known now.
I never said that he had only one assistant, I just said that one of them coached after him and won state. I could care less about who thinks what I know he couldn't coach he way out of a paper bag if he life depended on it. I played for him not only played but started. He may have played the game years ago but that makes him no coach. He was forced to quit the boys and wait and see the same will happen with the girl.. He cant win the BIG SHOW. Any grown man that gives the crowd the finger when he is coaching and walks off the floor before the game has ended should have never been able to coach at Valley. If the parent knew how he talked to their girls he wouldn't be there now...Wait you all will see the real Rodney Rowe soon...
ERblue4ever Wrote:oops we did it again. Go Lady Warriors. Go luck at the regional tournament. I will be there cheering you on. Go Warriors Go!!!!

:wenumber1

Roll Tribe.
You never played for Rowe.I know where you played and never won a regional title. Hope your kids enjoy Jenkins,haha.
new o Wrote:You never played for Rowe.I know where you played and never won a regional title. Hope your kids enjoy Jenkins,haha.
To let U know Doo Doo Rowe Valley with the Rowe's would be the last place we would ever pick for our kids......We don't even live in the county......You think you know it all you are just like your brother you cant coach either....Yea you won county with how many 16 year olds well 15 years old....
Congrats Lady Warriors!
Don't hate the player....hate the game.
Congrats Lady Warriors.
My advice go to Jenkins!! Hide behind a computer is weak!!!
Someone close this down. Rodney Rowe took a team and won 20 games with them. This team wasn't suppose to have won 5 games.
Yeah but out of those 20, only 4 IMO were vs. quality teams (Belfry, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Pikeville). I am in no way trying to hate on SV or the coach.
pikeville is out and that is all that matters!! Rowe has played in the region every year he has coached except one!! pikeville played a tough schedule!!
The Private Wrote:pikeville is out and that is all that matters!! Rowe has played in the region every year he has coached except one!! pikeville played a tough schedule!!

What does Pikeville have to do with this thread?
good win for East Ridge!! Wish both teams good luck the rest of the tourney!!! The best teams two teams made it!!
It is just one game.

By the way people are acting, I believe they want Bobby Spears back.