Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lakers have Deal in place to hire Mike Brown as Coach
Brown, who coached LeBron James for five seasons in Cleveland, could soon sign a three-year deal worth about $4 million a season. If he turns the offer down, Rick Adelman would remain a candidate.

The Lakers have put together a deal to hire former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown as their new coach, an NBA official who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter said late Tuesday.

If Brown agrees to the deal, he'll sign a contract worth between $4 million and $4.5 million per season, the official said. Brown would sign for three years, with a team option on the fourth season that would give him partial pay if he was not retained.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lake...m=referral
^ I'll be shocked if he turns it down
^ Plus he'd get to coach one of the Best in Kobe
I think the Lakers are making a mistake..... Shaw should get his shot. Everyone always wants to talk about Lebron always winning in the regular season and not the playoffs, lets not forget who the coach was.
ekff Wrote:I think the Lakers are making a mistake..... Shaw should get his shot. Everyone always wants to talk about Lebron always winning in the regular season and not the playoffs, lets not forget who the coach was.

:Thumbs:
ekff Wrote:I think the Lakers are making a mistake..... Shaw should get his shot. Everyone always wants to talk about Lebron always winning in the regular season and not the playoffs, lets not forget who the coach was.

Well it happened this year too.. And Mike Brown wasn't the coach of those teams either..

Spurs/Bulls.
According to Sources, the Lakers & Brown are Finalizing Negotiations and the hiring could be announced this afternoon
Ballers Wrote:Well it happened this year too.. And Mike Brown wasn't the coach of those teams either..

Spurs/Bulls.

And Lebron wasn't on those teams..... Spurs are old and Bulls are young.... Mike Brown is way overrated....
ekff Wrote:And Lebron wasn't on those teams..... Spurs are old and Bulls are young.... Mike Brown is way overrated....

What if L.A. lands D. Howard.. And him might have something to do with it?
Will he be overrated then?
Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like it is A done deal
Happy to see this and even happier to see the Lakers not go after any of the guys Kobe wanted. Already continuing with terrible team chemistry. I love it!
I have mixed feelings about this deal.. Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt though and see how next season goes. But when (not if) we get Howard he shouldnt have any excuse but to win. If he has something to do with getting Howard in LA ill give him :Thumbs: though.
Give Brown a chance.. Promise it will be worth it.
^ Brown is a good coach. Kobe will get even more freedom than he does in the triangle D and Brown will instill a solid defensive package.
I was looking forward to Rick Adelman...