Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will the BBCOR bats affect the better hitting teams?
I'm interested to see how some of the states top hitting teams that rely on that power, to more of a small ball game?

Lets hear what you guys think or have to say? Also give me some of your insight on the teams that might have what you call an advantage.
There are teams that rely on power???? I've not met any coaches that do, and I see them all every January
is this for every KY High School?
^ All high schools across the country convert to the BBCOR bat that college converted to 2 years ago. I spoke to LSU's coach and he stated that the Tigers used to hit as many as 40 HR's during BP. Now the team is luck to hit 5!

Last year in the college world series, there were starters with .260 batting averages. Five years ago, all nine players in the 4 teams in the final four's batting line-up were hitting over .305. It changes the game but I can honestly tell you that there is no coach out there that thinks they are a "power team". The may not promote small ball as much as they should, but tcan assure you there is no KYHS coach that believes in "a walk, a hit and a bomb" is a remote possibility.

My son used his first BBCOR this fall in college and he swears that the sweet-spot is a full 2 inches less than the previous bats
Estill doesn't use home runs, they play small ball, I'm assuming most if not all high schools across KY play small ball. I always liked the metal bats
Sorry, meant to say their better hitters. I should've worded that better. But how about the high school pitchers this year will they do better now that the bats are different? Will more pitchers dominate or get dominated?

I personally believe the pitching will be better this year, seeing that the numbers in college dropped I'm guessing so will HS?
FanofThegame12 Wrote:Sorry, meant to say their better hitters. I should've worded that better. But how about the high school pitchers this year will they do better now that the bats are different? Will more pitchers dominate or get dominated?

I personally believe the pitching will be better this year, seeing that the numbers in college dropped I'm guessing so will HS?

Not sure by what you mean "pitching will be better". I think that pitching statistics will be better, but not likely the pitching. The bats will change the game. During our fall workouts, seeing and hearing the hitting and the way the ball comes off the bat, this is what you can expect

1. Pitchers will be more aggressive and will challenge hitters "In the Strike Zone"
2. Defenses will shorten up, both the infield and outfield, thus taking away gaps and holes from hitters
3. Teams will utilize Hit & Run and bunting as primary offensive strategy's
4. Contrary to what many think, steals will be down. With defenses in, and pitchers willing to challenge hitters more often, catchers will get good pitches to handle and pitch-outs will be more common.
Bring back the old silver and green Easton bats....or better yet, bring back the Black Magic bats!!! Viva la Black Magic bats!!
I think the big power will be affected but as far as a good hitter it wont matter a good hitter can hit with a mop handle
The new bbcor bats are somthing that every batter will have to adapt to. Nevertheless I like what they are doing with the rules, I can say this cause i am a player that is using it greatly. Though i liked the old bats cause they helped me hit the ball hard, thats the honest truth because i am no power hitter; but using these new bats are making me learn how to hit the ball correctly to be successful at a small degree but i am now learning that i am a better hittter than before and hitting honestly harder cause i had to learn the correct wway to hit.
^ This was mandated originally by MLB to better judge talent before drafting a guy who hits 30 HR's and hits .350, then gets to the Minors and can't get the ball out of the infield! MLB dictated the necessary changes, in turn, they dictated it to USA Baseball to allow them to better judge recruits - thus it became the standard for all.
OldSkool46 Wrote:I think the big power will be affected but as far as a good hitter it wont matter a good hitter can hit with a mop handle

Bull! Trust me, it will affect ALL hitters. As I said, defenses will shorten up and take gaps away that good hitters took advantage of. This will affect all level of hitting talent!
i have seen the players hit with these bats and the ball seems af if it comes off the sweet spot just as hard, the sweet spot is just smaller.