Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central Hall of Fame
I heard on the radio that there were going to be several people put in the JCHS Hall of Fame.:Cheerlead I think it is great. Does anyone have any information on who all is being inducted.
I don't know the whole bunch, but it's a diversified group from what I've been told. Willie Blair(Uncle of Paintsville's Blake Bundy) Eddie Hazlett's Dad, Ed Hazlett, (Johnson County historian and history teacher @ JC), Shirley Chafin (English teacher @ JC), Mike Collins(the Baseball Coach), Harry Meek, Coach Alvin Ratliff, (Uncle of Paintsville's Jared Keaton), Paul Winston Williams(JC coach, PHS Coach, & Paintsville Principal & Superintendent) and many other very deserving Johnson Countians. There's been lots of talk about this ceremony and I for one, would like to go on record and say that it's one of the best things they've come up with @ JC because it recognizes hard work and love of kids, along with excellance on the field, floor, and classroom. Congratulations to all inductees! (sorry I didn't have the whole list, but I'm sure someone will post it!)
Congrats to these well deserved men and women. Something this positive should of happened a long time ago. Maybe the fever will be catching. Again Congratulations to JCHS and the inductees!!!!!!!!
congrats
Some more where David Couch, Mike Castle, Phillip Wireman, Amy Cantrell Webb, Billie Johnson, Orvile Hamilton. There was some more that i can't remember the names of. They each got a really nice looking trophy.
It was a Very Nice Ceremony and there were lots of very deserving people that were inducted! GO Mr. Hazlett! You were one of my favorite Teachers man! Awesome History Teacher!!
It was a Very Nice Ceremony and there were lots of very deserving people that were inducted! GO Mr. Hazlett! You were one of my favorite Teachers man! Awesome History Teacher!!
Did former Pikeville superintendent Howard Wallen go into the hall of fame last night? His daughter told me that he was accepting some kind award or honor last night at JC I think.
WOW, that was a very impressive ceremony, except for the rude woman on Paintsville's side who kept screaming "LET'S PLAY BALL". One would of thought it would have come from the student body section, but those young men and women showed exemplary conduct. This particular woman on Paintsville's side is a Johnson Central graduate and well over 50 years of age, and certainly knows better. Need I say more?:oo:
I thought the Paintsville student section did a great job, but this thread is about celebrating the accomplishments of some fine people who have dedicated their lives to kids. As far as this person is concerned, Did anyone expect anything less?
LazerMan Wrote:WOW, that was a very impressive ceremony, except for the rude woman on Paintsville's side who kept screaming "LET'S PLAY BALL". One would of thought it would have come from the student body section, but those young men and women showed exemplary conduct. This particular woman on Paintsville's side is a Johnson Central graduate and well over 50 years of age, and certainly knows better. Need I say more?:oo:

If it is this person is who I think it is her actions comes as no surprise. Her son is a basketball player for Paintsville.
Old School Wrote:If it is this person is who I think it is her actions comes as no surprise. Her son is a basketball player for Paintsville.

Yep, same woman. She does that everywhere she goes. I just hated for her to damper things. There is a combination of Paintsville/Central adults on both sides that were enjoying the ceremony. JCHS did another positive thing, alot of reunions in the hallways. Great atmosphere!!!!! Congrats to all inductees, mighty accomplishment!!!!!!!!!! (imho, the big mouth mother should of been removed)