4. Boyle Co
5. West Jessamine
6. Lincoln Co
7. Danville
8. McCreary Co
9. Wayne Co
10. Mercer Co
Players?
I'm not being biased because I'm a Warrior fan, but I just feel like this is the year that the Warriors will finally get over the hump and win the school's first-ever 12th Region title and move on to Rupp. I just feel with the addition of new coach Steve Wright and some new players, the Warriors will be a tough out.

I do feel like the region will come down between Pulaski County and Southwestern. There's no doubt about that.
Here are the players:

1. Taylor Gover-Pulaski County
2. Kody Johnson-Pulaski County
3. Micah Satterly-Boyle County
4. Tryston Ford-Danville
5. Cody Epperson-Southwestern
6. Dagan Shelton-Wayne County
7. Tyson Williams-McCreary Central
8. Luke Hill-Lincoln County
9. Michael Arnett-Boyle County
10. Trenton Edginton-Lincoln County
Steve Wright will make a big impact but Pulaski County will be very good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It looks like the 46th district got shut out of the top 10 players (but with 2 teams in the top 5). Was someone overlooked or are those 'TEAMS' better than their parts?
CallingOutIdiots Wrote:It looks like the 46th district got shut out of the top 10 players (but with 2 teams in the top 5). Was someone overlooked or are those 'TEAMS' better than their parts?

East Jessamine is that good. Didn't realize West was so high though. Cameron Thomas is a top 10 player in the region and he has ample talent around him. The coaches voted on the 12th region preview for teams and players.
RebelPride12 Wrote:East Jessamine is that good. Didn't realize West was so high though. Cameron Thomas is a top 10 player in the region and he has ample talent around him. The coaches voted on the 12th region preview for teams and players.

Agreed. Cameron Thomas is a heck of an athlete.
I got wayne county again
Dont count out Casey county they are big in backcourt and have a new coach. Guard play will be the question for them. They have a 6'7 6'5 6'4 6'4 in abck court will be tough out.
I haven't been to a high school bball game in years. (8 or 9)
I hear both have very good squads.
I may have to go watch the SWHS and PCHS matchup.

On another note, I have not heard anything about the Somerset Briar Jumbers...

GO WARRIORS!
The best player in the region is Justin Edwards from SWHS.
Warriors Alum Wrote:I haven't been to a high school bball game in years. (8 or 9)
I hear both have very good squads.
I may have to go watch the SWHS and PCHS matchup.

On another note, I have not heard anything about the Somerset Briar Jumbers...

GO WARRIORS!

Yeah, they do. PC and SW are head and shoulders above the rest in the 12th Region this year.

And yep, Somerset is going through a rough stretch right now, so you won't hear much about them. Coach Don Daniel is doing an excellent job despite the lack of players and talent on the team.
Willie Turnover Wrote:The best player in the region is Justin Edwards from SWHS.

I agree. He is the Warriors' best player by far....How did he not even make it into the top ten players in the region?:Shaking:
Isn't Justin Edwards just a sophomore too?
Warriors Alum Wrote:Isn't Justin Edwards just a sophomore too?

Yep. He is a sophomore.
IMO, Pulaski Co. is a head above everyone else in the 12th Region and barring a major let down, they should cruise on to Rupp Arena!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:IMO, Pulaski Co. is a head above everyone else in the 12th Region and barring a major let down, they should cruise on to Rupp Arena!!

I think Southwestern has to be better than Pulaski County at this point with their Canadian transfer. We also have no idea what Pulaski has in the post. They lost their entire frontcourt.

No one will cruise to anything in the 12th region. Pulaski may win the 12th but it won't be a cruise.
If you all will look at who it was wrote by you'd understand why theres problems with it.

Youve got a Corbin newspaper guy that ONLY covers 13th refion team writing out the top 10 for the 12th region? wtf.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If you all will look at who it was wrote by you'd understand why theres problems with it.

Youve got a Corbin newspaper guy that ONLY covers 13th refion team writing out the top 10 for the 12th region? wtf.

Les gets his info directly from the coaches. If you have problems with the review then blame the coaches who gave Les the info. Les is just the messenger. I have no problem with his review. I'd love to know why the coaches picked what they picked though.
GetChili Wrote:I agree. He is the Warriors' best player by far....How did he not even make it into the top ten players in the region?:Shaking:

The coaches didn't vote him as a top 10 choice.
Willie Turnover Wrote:The best player in the region is Justin Edwards from SWHS.

He'd be in my top 10 but there a few guys I'd take before Edwards. I'd put him at #5.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Les gets his info directly from the coaches. If you have problems with the review then blame the coaches who gave Les the info. Les is just the messenger. I have no problem with his review. I'd love to know why the coaches picked what they picked though.

lol, yea right.
Been to Corbin much? lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, yea right.
Been to Corbin much? lol

A couple of times. I spoke to Les Dixon myself and asked him how he puts together the preview and that is when he told me he sends emails to all the coaches asking them to rank the teams and players and has them give a synopsis of how they think their team is and other questions about the 12th region. He knows he is a 13th region guy but for some reason CatsPause has him do the 12th region also instead of getting Larry Vaught to do it. Personally I like the way Les does it. As he said, some coaches respond and some don't. He can only put forth the info that they give him. I have no reason to not believe what he told me.
I can't remember the last time Larry Vaught wrote the 12th Region preview. He covers UK. Mike Marsee wrote it for a number of years and did a good job.
Les Dixon grew up in the 12th Region and went to school in Laurel when it was in the 12th Region and he covered the 12th Region for years in London. I'm sure he knows enough about it to write a preview story.
Coaches polls are also used in the 13th and 14th regions. Sometimes a freshman or sophomore will get left out because all the coaches aren't that familiar with him. If he's that good, I'm sure he'll be ranked at or near the top when the season ends.
RebelPride12 Wrote:A couple of times. I spoke to Les Dixon myself and asked him how he puts together the preview and that is when he told me he sends emails to all the coaches asking them to rank the teams and players and has them give a synopsis of how they think their team is and other questions about the 12th region. He knows he is a 13th region guy but for some reason CatsPause has him do the 12th region also instead of getting Larry Vaught to do it. Personally I like the way Les does it. As he said, some coaches respond and some don't. He can only put forth the info that they give him. I have no reason to not believe what he told me.

:Thumbs:
HDE Wrote:I can't remember the last time Larry Vaught wrote the 12th Region preview. He covers UK. Mike Marsee wrote it for a number of years and did a good job.
Les Dixon grew up in the 12th Region and went to school in Laurel when it was in the 12th Region and he covered the 12th Region for years in London. I'm sure he knows enough about it to write a preview story.
Coaches polls are also used in the 13th and 14th regions. Sometimes a freshman or sophomore will get left out because all the coaches aren't that familiar with him. If he's that good, I'm sure he'll be ranked at or near the top when the season ends.

I agree. I think Justin Edwards and the new Southwestern point guard will both be well known and in everyone's top 10 at the end of the year

I know Mike Marsee does our area and surrounding areas for football. Seems like he should be the go to guy for 12th region but I have no problems with Les. I know he works hard at it and takes tremendous pride in his work.
The big man for SW has been left out of all this talk! #3 makes things go for SW, he protects the middle and can score at will in the paint and has a nice mid-range game.