•  Previous
  • 10(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central 2011
Has anyone heard anything about a defensive coordinator
The name I keep hearing is Harbison from Metcalfe Co. Could be just rumor, don't have any first hand knowledge. Struggled there recently but played in State semi-finals in 2007 and 3 regional finals in 4 yrs before that.
The new D-coordinator is from Webster County, his name is Matt ?????. He was the head coach for a couple of years. He's in his mid to late twenties and will be teaching at the high school. Seemed like a nice enough guy when I talked to him, now let's see if he can coach these boys up and win some games on the defensive side of the ball.
Great to finally know who is going to lead our offense three week till practice starts. Go Cougars! Let's get football started already.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Does anyone know if they are going to do 7 on 7 practice before the dead persiod?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

come on guys listen to your selves you are doing nothing but complaining about something you can't change. I know that the coaching staff has not done much for the moral of the team and does treat them like they are a bunch of robots instead of kids and that is what they are is kids not men you yell and scream at but i know as a mother that if you yell and scream at your kids they are going to do even less for you. so heres a thought lets try to change the things that we do have control over and that is making these boys know that they do have a community that stands behind them no matter if they win or loose. as for the ad he only does what he is told to do by the boss, ie anna craft if no one has noticed she only wants the name not what is best for the kids. so come on cougar fans lets here it, lets give these boys the support they have earned.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Does anyone know if they are going to do 7 on 7 practice before the dead persiod?

If you mean competing against another school, the KHSAA prohibits 7 on 7s against other schools during the month of June (rule was changed); so they have to wait until after the Dead Period.
I ment as a practice. Didn't know if they could have 7 on 7 practice for a week before dead period.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:I ment as a practice. Didn't know if they could have 7 on 7 practice for a week before dead period.

They can have a 7 on 7 against themselves in June.
That is what I ment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

How long is the dead period? 2 weeks or 3 weeks?
2 weeks. Don't know the dates, but someone else could post when it starts and when is the first day of practice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Roughly June 25-July 9.
To the players it will seem like a eternity. I really think going on vacation during one of those weeks will help them, then I would find somewhere to lift and run. Nothing illegal about that as long as it isn't up there on the hill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I have tried to remain quiet about some things but I just noticed on another site,(Harlan County) that they were sending their lineman to a lineman camp as a team. All the 7 on 7's are great and all that but I don't give a hoot how talented their qb or rbs are if they do not have any blocking. Is it just me or does it seem that all the time and effort seems to go to the skill positions with no concern whatsoever for the lineman. As someone stated earlier the game is won and lost in the trenches.
I agree, but there is still a lot of uncertain to this team. Can't wait till first practice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Is Dalton Sizemore still at Letcher Central?
No he has transferred to Corbin High School. He told me via Facebook.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Can anyone tell me how the first week of practice is going? Working 3rd shift makes it hard sometimes to get up there and watch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

And a season later you see what the results been.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

CP, More schools need to be glad they don't have a fan like you. Nobody feels worse about the season more than the coaches and players, nobody. They played some competetive ball against some good teams, They would have beat Perry Central with Johnson. The coaches and players I'm sure all are not real happy about how the season turned out but Johnson's injury cost them a couple more wins and a higher playoff seed.
It takes a total jerk to go back and dig up old posts and put them on here after a disapointing season. Seriously, It takes a total jerk. After a disapointing season you go back and bring up every negative old post you can find and post them. It's obvious your non-approval of coach Whitaker. Listen, have some guts, call the man up and make an appointment to go and talk with him and express your dislikes and what you think are the problems with LCC football. I'm sure he would be glad to talk with ya'. All you are doing is trying to make a "case" against Whitaker behind a computer. To dig up "old posts" and repost them after a tough year is bush league man. What about a guy who would go back and "dig up" old posts after a disapointing, tough season. A guy like that aint' worth much buddy.
And that is my constitutional right. I speak for a bunch of people, and call me what you want, but no person is above this program. What he has done to this program will take some time to get back. Not just on the field, but to a lot of players. Ask a booster who worked this year. The president of the booster told me she would not be back if he is coach, and I know for a fact some players told a certain school official they would not play football if he comes back. Sorry if this offends people, but that is just the way I feel. Now that I got that off my chest, a moderator can close this thread any time now because I will not post on it again after this post. People can call me what they want, but I tell it like it is. The boys where already down about the way the coach has been doing things. This simple little thread doesn't change there perspective.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

•  Previous
  • 10(current)