Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walton-Verona 6 - Collins 1
Final

The Lady Titans continue to struggle as Walton-Verona wins a rematch of last year's 8th region championship. Collins will travel to Southern tomorrow night.
blue what with Collins??? Now Eastern has a good team this year other than there struggle with Lafayette (Lafayette lost there best catcher she transfered to Ballard) I've seen Collins play this year but havn't seen Walton play.....
outsidein Wrote:blue what with Collins??? Now Eastern has a good team this year other than there struggle with Lafayette (Lafayette lost there best catcher she transfered to Ballard) I've seen Collins play this year but havn't seen Walton play.....

I'm not really sure what's wrong with them. They only lost one starter to graduation and one backup transferred to Ballard. They were regional runners up last year and looked really good at times but they have had a very rough start to this season. They have been playing some good teams but they shouldn't be losing the way they have been. They have been committing way too many errors, which is uncharacteristic of them. Hopefully they will get back on track and start playing the way they are capable of.

Walton-Verona does have a really good team though and should be one of the favorites to repeat as regional champs. They have really good hitters and two very solid pitchers.
LOL looks like alan jones at ballard trying to pick up girls... lol I know the girl that left lafayette to go to ballard is very good... starting catcher last year at lafayette asa 8th grader and she is a freshman this year. she is very good catcher/player...
outsidein Wrote:LOL looks like alan jones at ballard trying to pick up girls... lol I know the girl that left lafayette to go to ballard is very good... starting catcher last year at lafayette asa 8th grader and she is a freshman this year. she is very good catcher/player...

The player that left Collins is also a freshman catcher this year. I don't know if she is getting any varsity playing time but she is on their varsity roster. I heard about the catcher transferring from Lafayette. I've heard that she is a really good player. It's tough when you lose big players. I'm sure Lafayette will miss her but they are still going to be very good without her.
blue she is a very nice player. Lafayette will be fine they really don't have much in the region this year... probably scott co. is there toughest but other than that not much here....I've seen catholic, henry clay, tates creek, frankfort teams, richmond teams, bryan station, come to think about it just about all of the region and don't see anyone giving lafayette a hard time.... but you never know.
outsidein Wrote:blue she is a very nice player. Lafayette will be fine they really don't have much in the region this year... probably scott co. is there toughest but other than that not much here....I've seen catholic, henry clay, tates creek, frankfort teams, richmond teams, bryan station, come to think about it just about all of the region and don't see anyone giving lafayette a hard time.... but you never know.

I don't think Lafayette will have much trouble in the region either. I agree that Scott County will probably be their toughest competition.