Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for LWC after an ER visit
I was in the ER at 2:30 AM this Sunday morning with a panic attack. It was my first and hopefully my last. I was told by the ER doctor that I have G.A.D. (Generalized Anxiety Disorder). This is a chronic, lifelong, disorder that can trigger panic attacks from almost anything.

After following up with my new family doctor in Northern Garrard County, she has informed me that I do not have a chronic anxiety disorder. She attempted to do a blood test but learned that I was so dehydrated that no blood would come out. She believes that I have a serious stomach/heart bacteria that is affecting my acid production and heart rate. I have been given 3-4 different kinds of meds to try and fix it.

On Monday at 8:30, I go in for blood tests and another doctor visit to follow up. Please keep me in your prayers as we all pray and try to figure this out. Two VERY different reports from the ER and the doctor. Only God knows, but we pray he guides the minds of the physicians and healing comes to me.

To review: I had a panic attack, massively high heart rate, severe acid production, was dehydrated, stressed out and possibly having a serious stomach/heart bacterial infection.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You are already on my prayer list, dear but I will certainly add your physical condition to it!!

BTW.....the diagnosis of GAD from an ER doctor? Hmmmm..keep an open mind, LWC. That diagnosis was way too quick! You may have GAD, but no doubt other tests need to be done.

Keep us updated!!
Prayers to you LWC. Hope everything works out ok.
LWC, count on me for thoughts and prayers my friend. I have heard of this and recall that it is primarily genetic. I'm assuming this is new to you, thus no known family history that may not have been diagnosed? You just seem too calm to let your surroundings stress you to the point of a panic attack. I'm not sure this is something that is a chemical disorder, so I really wonder how much can be determined from bloodwork. This is more of a physicians opinion versus diagnostic evidence. If you have not had a history of panic issues, I'd be careful of any medical opinions until you have exhausted all measures. Your doctor certainly seems to be doing the right thing in toning down the dramatic diagnosis of the ER Dr. You are in my prayers my friend!
^You are right. I usually get commented on how cool and collected I am at most things. On Monday, I will know much more.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts my friends.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Still....keep us posted
Good lukc buddy, prayers.
Thoughts and prayers.
LWC Wrote:^You are right. I usually get commented on how cool and collected I am at most things. On Monday, I will know much more.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts my friends.

Maybe you are keeping things bottled up inside too much? Anyways, hope you get to feeling better and you find out exactly what the problem is. Prayers for you LWC.
Been staying updated on your FB. Keep us posted.
I wish you the best.
To update: I am feeling a little better but the problem is the tons of medication the doctor gave me makes me feel like a zombie. I am sleepy almost 24 hours a day now. I almost went to sleep during a prayer service last night, while I was praying!

My wife finally convinced me to take a few days off and I agreed. I still am not taking a Sunday off, but will take this Wednesday-Friday off to go do a few things in the Northern Kentucky area. Gonna visit the Creation Museum, Newport Aquarium and maybe do Kings Island or a Reds/Riverbats game. Nothing crazy expensive and still be local, but it will be three days that I can chill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sorry to hear about this LWC. Praying for you.

Just want to give you a quick reminder of Romans 8:28.
Praying man
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Still praying brother.
Hope all goes well.
I have had a few panic attacks, nothing major.
Not a doctor but honestly I think things like this span out from stress or over-doing it.

Praying and hoping for the best, my friend.