Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ameritint in Pikeville, Ky
Has anyone here dealt with Ameritint in Pikeville, Ky? If not let me give everyone a word of advice, STAY AWAY!!!

Here's the story.

I purchased a gift certificate from them around December the 15th. It was for $159.99 and I was giving it as a christmas present to my wife. We had purchased a new car earlier in the year and she wanted the windows tinted. So fast forward a little bit. We recently had our second child around christmas and quickly decided that her car just wasnt big enough for the entire family. We have decided to trade in her car on a bigger SUV/Crossover and realized that most of the cars weve looked at already have a slight tint from the factory. Thus we no longer need the gift certificate. I took it back today and the first guy I talked to explained to me that it wouldnt be a problem to refund the certificate but I had to wait in line and and get it took care of by woman at the register. Well when I get to the front of the line the woman says she cant refund a gift certificate. She can only issue store credit for any return. Apparently this was the owner or manager. I explain my situation without any luck and she then states "Well I have a business to run and Im here to make money". Are you kidding me!!! Thats how they run their business???? Needless to say Im stuck with a $159 gift certificate from a business that I need absolutely nothing from. I always hoped local businesses would treat their local consumers with some sort of respect and integrity but boy was i wrong. Word of advice to anyone thinking about purchasing anything from this business is to stay away.
IF I were you, I would take a small loss.
I would go down to the store and wait for somebody wanting to go in to purchase tint.
If they needed the full 160, i would seel it for 125 to them or something and stay there to make sure the gift card dont rip them off so you can be there in person if something arises.

I wouldnt eat the full 160.
Could it be possible the 1st guy you talked to may have not known the policy on gift certificates?
Did you ask when you purchased it if it was refundable if you changed your mind?
I'm not defending them, but most businesses do not make refunds on gift certificates.
^Agreed...look for a tint customer and sell it for a minor discount to recoup as much as possible. Never know you may find a fit and not lose anything but time and gas to meet. Hope it turns out well for you.

Congratulations on your new addition to the family!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I'd take it off your hands lol
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
I think that is always the danger of buying gift cards dude.
Basically once you give them the money there is no turning back.
I'm with the rest on this one, I'd try to sell it for a small loss.

The whole purpose of gift cards is so you can redeem them at anytime while the business still gets their share.
Look on the bright side though.
What if you would had surprised your wife with just going ahead and getting the windows tinted in her vehicle?
That would had been a loss for sure.
HawksRule Wrote:I'd take it off your hands lol

It's yours if you want it. For a fee, of course. Lol
Quick follow up to the story to answer a few questions. When I purchased the gift certificate I spoke with the same guy who told me yesterday to wait in line and the lady would take of me. He DID say during the original purchase that it was refundable. Apparently this business doesn't train their employees on the company's policies and then when a situation comes up they just make up any policies that seems to benefit them. They have NOTHING posted anywhere stating the return policy on certificates or merchandise. This is a locally owned business that should be much better than this. I originally thought about letting it go and eating the loss but I'm going to spread the word about this business on any local forum, word of mouth or social networking I can!!!