Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Freshmen in the State
Ben Weyer is a Sophmore I believe.
Ben Weyer is a freshman at Newport Central Catholic.
They say the kid from Somerset is one of the top young pitchers in the state. I haven't seen him play but they say he can get it up there in A hurry.Sorry I know this is A basketball thread. Just had to give him some props his Dad is A fellow Creeker.
the 13th region doesnt really have any good freshman but have a really good sophmore class
Williams
Beverly
Goodin
Those are the best 3 I have seen.
I have seen at least 4 very good Freshman in the 13th Region this year.
Trevor Hill a starter for Corbin.
Smith and Wolfe both of Clay Co. playing big minutes off of the bench.
Chad Marsee of Knox Central.
OffTheHook Wrote:Parsley is a SOPH .

Kash Daniel for Paintsville is a "True FROSH". Has never been held back. 15 yaers old. Not afraid to bang with anyone.

I will go with Kash as a top state football freshman but hoops, aaaaahhhhh I don't know about that one. Sorry Hook !
OffTheHook Wrote:Parsley is a SOPH .

Kash Daniel for Paintsville is a "True FROSH". Has never been held back. 15 yaers old. Not afraid to bang with anyone.

Parsley is a freshman. 20 ppg best FT shooter on team. great ball handler
TigerBlues Wrote:I will go with Kash as a top state football freshman but hoops, aaaaahhhhh I don't know about that one. Sorry Hook !

Wh is this Kash kid? How tall is he?
Tyler Sharp of Bullitt East is a name that you will hear alot in the future. Is just now starting to develop physically. Only stands 5'8", but recently has begun to shoot up. Is on the floor when shooting opportunities arise. 5 threes against Cov. Holy Cross. Parents are both tall. As a freshman he is the best pure shooter East has ever had.
Here's a good group of Louisville area freshman.

Kel'Shawn Knight-Goff (Trinity)
Kevin Kirby (Waggener)
Brandon Wells (Waggener)
Grant Clarkson (Collins)
Chris Drabo (Male)
Malik Dow (Ballard) - Probably top freshman in the city

Couple 8th Graders too

David Sloan (Moore)
Anthony Mathis (KCD)
Fatt Jones Wrote:Tyler Sharp of Bullitt East is a name that you will hear alot in the future. Is just now starting to develop physically. Only stands 5'8", but recently has begun to shoot up. Is on the floor when shooting opportunities arise. 5 threes against Cov. Holy Cross. Parents are both tall. As a freshman he is the best pure shooter East has ever had.
How tall is his Dad?? I don't call 5'11" tall.
5 Star Elite Wrote:Wh is this Kash kid? How tall is he?

5 Star I would say he is 6'3" 210lbs but the kid is nasty tough. My opinion, hell of a football and baseball player. Was first team district,region, and all state honorable mention in football as starting QB. Great kid too, Hook knows the kids the best though.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:How tall is his Dad?? I don't call 5'11" tall.

Tall is a relative word. I would guess his dad to be 6'1", but his mother would be at least 5'9" or better. The point was the way he has grown recently, will probably hit decent size. In no way would I call Sharp the best freshman in the state at this point. But given time to mature he is one to watch.
He is a good freshman, competitor, and a good shooter, if he does grow to be 6'1" he could be a sleeper in the freshman class if not he is still going to be a very good high school player.
Glad to see the Louisville kids on here. Don't recall seeing any Lexington names? Also, there are three in the 12th region that definitely should be on this list. Corey Stearns (F) and Blevins (G) have led the way for a good Wayne County team. Same for Will Hager (G) for a solid Mercer County team. Stearns and Hager were key players for KY Elite and Hoop Dreams (AAU teams), respectively.
14th has a few...
Beverly, Lulu, Combs (8th), Nowell (7th)