Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ufc 157
History will be made on Saturday, February 23rd with the first women's fight in the UFC! What are everyone's thoughts on this fight card??

Facebook Prelims:

Nah-Shon Burrell vs Yuri Villefort
Jon Manley vs Neil Magny
Kenny Robertson vs Brock Jardine

FX Prelims:

Sam Stout vs Caros Fodor
Dennis Bermudez vs Matt Grice
Mike Chiesa vs Anton Kuivanen
Brendan Schaub vs Lavar Johnson

Main Card:

Josh Koscheck vs Robbie Lawler
Court McGee vs Josh Neer
Urijah Faber vs Ivan Menjivar
Lyoto Machida vs Dan Henderson

Main Event:

Ronda Rousey vs Liz Carmouche
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I predict this will be one of the lowest buyrated UFC's of all time.
Shouldn't this be in the "other" forum....

Regardless, IMO I believe the ratings will do fairly well as people will be curious as this being the first female fight. Beyond that, any future female cards will not do as well.

With that being said, not really an exciting card to me.
Dan Henderson is my favorite fighter. Hopefully he can pull out the victory.
Yeah, I should have posted this in the "other" forum. SK, could you move this for me please?

Anyways, I am very excited to see this. I am interested to see if Ronda Rousey is able to live up to the hype and keep her undefeated streak alive with the entire MMA spotlight on her.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Did anyone watch the UFC special of her? She spends 16 hours a day training, now traveling between gyms is included in that, but still...
I admit I had low expectations going in...but this show took me by surprise and actually delivered.

Ronda is amazing.
Is it just me or does UFC have a ppv every other week
Warthog Wrote:Is it just me or does UFC have a ppv every other week

They only have PPV's once a month, but they do run alot of free shows on cable.
Seems like every time you turn around, there is UFC 642
Warthog Wrote:Seems like every time you turn around, there is UFC 642

The main UFC fights are PPV and happen once a month....Every other month there appears to be UFC on Fox fights and also Fuel TV has fights.

With all the fighters in the UFC, they would have to have multiple nights of matches or no one would get a chance to fight...
Right after the rousey fight ended, i went to youtube and somebody had taped it and posted it, it took some searching, but i found it Confusednicker:
I thought it was a great PPV! I watched the fight at Buffalo Wild Wings with some friends and I have never seen such a huge reaction when Rousey got her famous armbar and made Carmouche tap! Literally, the entire restaurant went nuts!! Loved it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]