Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region draw
Taking place at noon today at Knox Central. Will post as soon as I have it.
Here is the draw, all games at Knox Central.

Mon. 10 a.m. Harlan Co. vs. Clay Co.
1 p.m. South Laurel vs. Pineville
4 p.m. North Laurel vs. Corbin
7 p.m. Knox Central vs. Middlesboro
North walks to the finals, South meets them there. South wins it again.
As much as I would like to see North make the finals, no way is it a walk. Goins from Corbin has held them to five runs in two games this year, (although North did win both games), and whoever survives the Middlesboro-Central game will not be a gimme by any stretch.
I agree South to the finals and the overall favorite and they don't have to waste any of their main arms in the opener. But Clay beat them in their only meeting, and Harlan Co. is pretty doggone solid. The semifinal game will not be a cakewalk.
By the way, I didn't include it, but the semis are Tuesday at 5 and 8, the finals Thursday at 7.
Van Hagar Wrote:As much as I would like to see North make the finals, no way is it a walk. Goins from Corbin has held them to five runs in two games this year, (although North did win both games), and whoever survives the Middlesboro-Central game will not be a gimme by any stretch.
I agree South to the finals and the overall favorite and they don't have to waste any of their main arms in the opener. But Clay beat them in their only meeting, and Harlan Co. is pretty doggone solid. The semifinal game will not be a cakewalk.
By the way, I didn't include it, but the semis are Tuesday at 5 and 8, the finals Thursday at 7.

North Laurel defeated Corbin 2-0 and 2-1, so this is the one draw North did not want. North will have to go with their ace in this game, so I expect another nail biter.

South Laurel got the only good draw, which should set their pitching rotation up just the way they want it.
Harlan County
South Laurel

North Laurel
Middlesboro

South Laurel vs. North Laurel

South Laurel
It scares me a little bit that I agree with you 100% on the picks. But I do think with the exception of the South-Pineville first rounder, every other game all the way through has the makings of being super competitive. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way if you get a pitcher not on his game, but this could be a great tournament.
Going to be a great tournament!!!

Semi-Finals

Clay Co.
South Laurel

North Laurel
Knox Central

Finals
South Laurel
North Laurel

Champs
South Laurel
There is a lot of pressure on this Harlan County coaching staff to win at least a game in the regional tournament. We have not won a regional game yet and we have kids that are seniors that have played for a long time, this should be our year. We must win a game or two in the regional or some changes must be made. Go BLACKBEARS, bring home a regional title and join the football team.
HC gets the monkey off their back by picking up a regional tourney win, now to play South. South beat HC last year in the regionals 5-4 and goes on to win the regional. This could be a very good game. Good luck HC.
Told you Van, North will walk. Playing way too good of baseball right now.
North should have an easy time tonight. We lost last night 3-1 ....Middlesboro had to use both #1 and #2 pitchers and neither will be able to go tonight. North wins 8-3. South walks over HC...to a North /South final.

Great year for us. Young team and we have to take our lumps.
Wow, in the paper today they said Middlesboro only used one pitcher. That sure could make a difference. I'm going to go tonight with South 4-2 and North 7-2. You guys at Knox are definitely going to be right in the mix for the next three years at least.