Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Franklin to Penn State
Looks like Vandy's head football coach, James Franklin is headed to Penn State

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...tany-lions
Call me crazy, but I consider Vandy a better coaching job right now.

Must of been the money.
Crazy
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Call me crazy, but I consider Vandy a better coaching job right now.

I won't say your crazy, but I disagree for these reason only.

1. He has a chance to mold Penn State into what he wants it to be.
2. Every home game will have 80,000+ in the stands
3. It's easier to win a Big 10 championship at PSU than an SEC title at Vandy, once the sanctions are gone it will be.
4. It's easier to recruit at Penn State than Vandy
5. $$$$$$$$$
toussaints Wrote:I won't say your crazy, but I disagree for these reason only.

3. It's easier to win a Big 10 championship at PSU than an SEC title at Vandy, once the sanctions are gone it will be.
5. $$$$$$$$$

I can agree with that one, but none of the others outweigh the fact that the school, especially the football program is always going to be known as the molesting pedophile school.
Very good hire for Penn State.
4.5 million worth...

Mix1...
toussaints Wrote:I won't say your crazy, but I disagree for these reason only.

5. $$$$$$$$$

This and money, and more $$$$$$!

Plus he won't be hamstrung by academic standards anymore!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I would have gave up my Monday morning qb job for less money...64SUR. :Cheerlead
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Call me crazy, but I consider Vandy a better coaching job right now.

Must of been the money.

Vandy is one of the 10 worst jobs in the country. No administration support. No fan support. High academics . SEC. Terrible facilities. No fiananial support.This why I know that if you hire the right person you can win at Kentucky. He has proven that it's not all about the Bells and Whisles if you are a quality coach you can win anywhere. I would just about bet you that if they out recruited anyone in the SEC that they beat it was only Kentucky. It is great to have recruits but I would rather have coaching.
I may comment when I stop laughing.
I think this is a great hire for Penn St. I mean look at what he did at Vandy with NOTHING and now if he can weather the storm for a couple of more years at Penn St. he will turn that program back in the right direction. Great coach.
FBALL Wrote:I may comment when I stop laughing.

Don't let the truth bother you.
Oh I'm not bothered. I am thoroughly amused.
bear claw Wrote:I think this is a great hire for Penn St. I mean look at what he did at Vandy with NOTHING and now if he can weather the storm for a couple of more years at Penn St. he will turn that program back in the right direction. Great coach.

Oh you can't allow a couple of years. It has to be right now no matter what he has to start with.
Great hire. Penn State has done surprisingly well and should be ok. Great college football environment.
Great hire IMO