Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will season actually start?
I know the season officially starts next week on Wednesday, but with crazy weather when will teams actually get to open up?
About the 17th
I wonder how may teams will be starting the season without the first practice on an actual field
Bob, I can tell you right now down here in London that's probably gonna be the case. We got on the field a few times before Feb. 15th, but that was just the informal stuff, just throwing and some swings. I would give anything if the KHSAA would push the start of the season to April 1st and let it go later into June. I know you would be playing after graduations, but the state tourney is already that way. I have always felt like baseball was just an afterthought to the powers that be in this state.
Collins hit the all sports field one sat and then parking lot another day. Was suppose to scrimmage Fern Creek today but that isn't going to happen. Hoping for the 17th but probably the 19th.
Van Hagar Wrote:Bob, I can tell you right now down here in London that's probably gonna be the case. We got on the field a few times before Feb. 15th, but that was just the informal stuff, just throwing and some swings. I would give anything if the KHSAA would push the start of the season to April 1st and let it go later into June. I know you would be playing after graduations, but the state tourney is already that way. I have always felt like baseball was just an afterthought to the powers that be in this state.

If the weather from the last 3 weeks has not been bad enough, according to the Weather Channel, it is supposed to rain every day this week in eastern Kentucky.
This year's weather creates a great argument to start later. Either that, or the KHSAA can put up the money for turf. The only thing this type of situation creates is having to play five games a week in April and may, which is never good on young arms that are still maturing.
We try to play 5 games every week. Never happens with weather.
I predict that next Tuesday, the 17th will be the day some games are finally played.
I think X and LC are the only teams with turf. PRP has the turf infield but the outfield is pathetic. Is there anyone else with turf?
Pikeville High has turf - they are scheduled to play Thursday at home against Paintsville
hopefully you will get it in before the rain gets there.
I see where Ky Country Day got their game in yesterday. At least someone played
Today!!!!!!!