•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County hires Justin Combs
Future Wrote:From what I read on this post I would be concerned by the fact that there are people already against Combs and he hasn't coached the first practice yet. That is not a good sign for him. But, on the other hand, if a coach gets on these boards and tries to defend himself to every hater out there then he is showing real signs of immaturity as well. Expect to get second guessed by everyone as a head coach. It just comes with the territory. Watch ESPN or any sports talk show and it happens everyday thousands of times. That would be a concern for me as a Tiger fan. Just a thought.

Could be the most contradicted post I've ever seen.

Would you be concerned with posts on here or would you not? Should a coach expect to get second guessed on here or ESPN or not?

Tell us again what Tiger fans should be concerned about.
Lol pig I don't see a lot of people around here concerned about Combs. He ihas got a lot of people behind him and is on top of things that most wouldn't concern themselves with.
Very aware of the job he has in front of him and is embracing it.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Could be the most contradicted post I've ever seen.

Would you be concerned with posts on here or would you not? Should a coach expect to get second guessed on here or ESPN or not?

Ok. I'll try to make sense of it. Hope this is what Future is trying to say? Seems like the concern would be that some Clay County people (according to what are on these posts) are not happy with the hire. So they are against the new coach. This is just my guess after reading the post. Next I think Future is saying a young head coach should be prepared to be second guessed by most everyone. Again this is just my interpretation. I think he is also pointing out that if the coach gets on these boards and tries to defend himself to said critics then he is showing the immaturity that the critics are accusing him of in the first place. Maybe he means the new coach should be aware about people that haven't given him a chance are going to be a problem. Soooooooooo that's my take on it. How did I do? :biggrin:
Foxtrot Wrote:Ok. I'll try to make sense of it. Hope this is what Future is trying to say? Seems like the concern would be that some Clay County people (according to what are on these posts) are not happy with the hire. So they are against the new coach. This is just my guess after reading the post. Next I think Future is saying a young head coach should be prepared to be second guessed by most everyone. Again this is just my interpretation. I think he is also pointing out that if the coach gets on these boards and tries to defend himself to said critics then he is showing the immaturity that the critics are accusing him of in the first place. Maybe he means the new coach should be aware about people that haven't given him a chance are going to be a problem. Soooooooooo that's my take on it. How did I do? :biggrin:

SKINNYPIG Wrote:Could be the most contradicted post I've ever seen.

See above explanation. The only thing I would add is that I was trying to point out was the Clay County fans that just want to be positive and support whoever the coach is should have concerns over all the public complaining and second guessing in this post. Nothing personal in any way. But Fox did a pretty good job of figuring it out. Hope this lives up to your expectations. Good luck Tigers!! :igiveup:
Congrats.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)