Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay Co 12---Harlan Co 0
Final from HC.
Clay is a solid team.
HCHS had a bad day, much like North Laurel must have had the other night.
It can, and does, happen to everybody.
Clay is solid. Not as good as north or south but very capable of winning on any given night. Dezarn threw a 1 hitter for clay today.
I had 2 hits for HCHS. The one to shortstop would have been a great play.

I think South is the favorite with North, Clay, HCHS and Middlesboro in the next group.

HCHS just beat North 11-3 and North has two wins over Clay. Middlesboro beat Clay twice and HCHS beat Middlesboro twice, but they were all close.
If Middlesboro meets HCHS again, we will win. When we played at HCHS, the score should have been 1-1 with extra innings. We played them the night before at MHS, they flat out played us, and deserved the win. But, at HCHS it was a poorly called game. Not saying Middlesboro did not make mistakes, but the call that changed the game was wrong. I was actually shocked that our coach was thrown out, but when you know a call is wrong, you are and will lose it when it happens every time we play there. The same call every single time??? Please! But I have to agree about South. The others are too close to call.
Your coach was not thrown out at HCHS , he was confined to dugout. He still coached the team and was told to coach and stop running his mouth about the umps. You were not there or you would have known that. So you should not comment on the call , you did not see it. This is why people get down on you. You post hear say for fact.
The pitcher DID balk. He separated his hands prior to stepping off of the rubber. Like Flicka said, he was confined to the dugout, not ejected. He still gave the signs to batters, just from the first base dugout!
Flicka Wrote:Your coach was not thrown out at HCHS , he was confined to dugout. He still coached the team and was told to coach and stop running his mouth about the umps. You were not there or you would have known that. So you should not comment on the call , you did not see it. This is why people get down on you. You post hear say for fact.
You are right, I did misspeak. He was confined to the dugout. I mostly certainly was there. You will run your mouth when your team suffers a loss with a bad call. I follow my son, especially into HCHS. Like I said, we will see you again.
rudedogky Wrote:The pitcher DID balk. He separated his hands prior to stepping off of the rubber. Like Flicka said, he was confined to the dugout, not ejected. He still gave the signs to batters, just from the first base dugout!
He DID NOT balk. It has been the same call time and time again. Your fans stand up and tell your players to hit players from other teams, you are rude. A combination of you have been nothing in ball for so long, that since you have consolidated, you do not know how to win with honor, without hollering and wooping and acting OBNOXIOUS, and you sure don't know how to lose with pride still left for your team. You played a great game in Middlesboro, you had to behave...see, you can still win and not act like heathens. But, at HCHS, you act your true colors. I did misspeak on him being thrown out, he was only confined to the dugout.
Which was completely unnecessary. Anyone that knows our coach, knows he doesn't show his, well, you know. He will stand for his team when they are wronged. We'll see you again. Then we will get to hear how you were cheated. Now I get Granny BEAR, big HCHS fan, calling us obnoxious. I am not quite sure if you are Mr. Bear or Mrs. Bear, but I tell you good luck. I think when we meet again, we should all stand up and yell out our names on here. I would love it. Want too???? No matter, you will know me when a certain player steps to the plate.
All About That Ball Wrote:He DID NOT balk. It has been the same call time and time again. Your fans stand up and tell your players to hit players from other teams, you are rude. A combination of you have been nothing in ball for so long, that since you have consolidated, you do not know how to win with honor, without hollering and wooping and acting OBNOXIOUS, and you sure don't know how to lose with pride still left for your team. You played a great game in Middlesboro, you had to behave...see, you can still win and not act like heathens. But, at HCHS, you act your true colors. I did misspeak on him being thrown out, he was only confined to the dugout.
Which was completely unnecessary. Anyone that knows our coach, knows he doesn't show his, well, you know. He will stand for his team when they are wronged. We'll see you again. Then we will get to hear how you were cheated. Now I get Granny BEAR, big HCHS fan, calling us obnoxious. I am not quite sure if you are Mr. Bear or Mrs. Bear, but I tell you good luck. I think when we meet again, we should all stand up and yell out our names on here. I would love it. Want too???? No matter, you will know me when a certain player steps to the plate.

I sir, am not rude. It's your generalized statements like this that your comments are attacked in a couple of posts. I have never called you or anybody else obnoxious on this forum. Every fanbase has overzealous personalities. You can usually pick them out before the game because they have to sit by themselves. I would be glad to yell my user name as i'm not ashamed of anything that i say and most certainly not trying to hide behind a username.

The balk is a matter of judgement and that's why there are umpires to oversee the game. I never said that his restriction was necessary and i agree with you that it wasn't.
Touché RudeDog. I usually sit alone. Only because I can't stand the hollering and I can concentrate on the game better. That is mostly at home though. I am not one to hide behind a username either. Funny, you call me sir. Most think I am a woman. Doesn't really matter, I am a parent of a child who plays. Some people think another person posting for Middlesboro is also my child's parent. I'm not quite sure I know who I am anymore. Lol. See you soon.
All About That Ball Wrote:A combination of you have been nothing in ball for so long, that since you have consolidated, you do not know how to win with honor, without hollering and wooping and acting OBNOXIOUS, and you sure don't know how to lose with pride still left for your team. You played a great game in Middlesboro, you had to behave...see, you can still win and not act like heathens.

You must not go back very far.
Cumberland and Middlesboro met numerous times with regional championships on the line in the 1980s and 1990s.
Cawood and Middlesboro played a couple of times in the early 2000s for regional championships.
HCHS and Middlesboro have played the last four years for district titles. HCHS played for a regional championship only two years ago.

Heck, I remember Cawood and Middlesboro playing for a berth in the state final four in 1982.
HCS Wrote:You must not go back very far.
Cumberland and Middlesboro met numerous times with regional championships on the line in the 1980s and 1990s.
Cawood and Middlesboro played a couple of times in the early 2000s for regional championships.
HCHS and Middlesboro have played the last four years for district titles. HCHS played for a regional championship only two years ago.

Heck, I remember Cawood and Middlesboro playing for a berth in the state final four in 1982.
I'm sorry again. I guess I look at them the way I do Bell County. Consolidations, new schools, power houses, you know that sort of thing. Sorry for saying heathen's too. :igiveup: