Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 26 South Carolina 22
Final
Another extremely ugly second half, but they finished once again! 2 in a row against the old ball coach!!
This could be a GREAT year for Wildcats if they can put a whole game together!
i know, right? Wrote:Another extremely ugly second half, but they finished once again! 2 in a row against the old ball coach!!
This could be a GREAT year for Wildcats if they can put a whole game together!

they need to quite that mess of letting teams come back and making it close..
This team is causing me to stroke out. No way on earth was the D tired this week to start the 2nd half, so why on earth was Dawson being so conservative to start the 3rd?? First half UK could do no wrong but come out in the 2nd half and just go conservative on the play calling. Crazy
Glad to be 2=0.
What's wrong with you guys you wanna pick on everything they do be happy with the win boys idc if Kentucky beat them 50 to nothing you all would say oh but South Carolina crossed the 50 twice that's horrible!
These Cats looked like a legitimate solid SEC football team in the 1st half, but then the 2nd half looked like the same team that lost 6 in a row last year to end the season. Bottom line IMO I believe we are a better team than last year, but not sure how much better? This team has to end the 27 game Fla losing streak next week against a rebuilding Fla team! No if ands or buts about it! Take care of that little bit of business at home and I might believe we have a shot at a bowl game, if not I would have to believe we're headed for another 5-7 season............
Children, The CATS hung on to beat Spurrier (I actually felt sorry for him in the post game interview) AND UT lost in double over time!! I toggled back and forth between those two games until I had to take extra arthritis medicine!!

First road game victory in 4 years and 11 days........

I am happy happy happy!!!
I think UK takes Florida at home. They just have to stop the second half meltdowns.
Reds55 Wrote:What's wrong with you guys you wanna pick on everything they do be happy with the win boys idc if Kentucky beat them 50 to nothing you all would say oh but South Carolina crossed the 50 twice that's horrible!
It's what we as fans do, get over it. Sorry not sorry we don't like mediocre and like to talk about complete meltdowns.
Great win and I mean that sincerely. SEC road wins are always great regardless of how you get them.

Things I'd like to see out of the UK O:

1. When your o line is having problems with the pass rush from the edge, go empty backfield,spread out the defense and run QB draws. It was there all night. Glad Dawson called it on the last drive. Nothing frustrates D linemen more than beating the blocker and getting to the pocket, just to realize the QB has left the pocket and is now 5 yds downfield. Interior D linemen will then be told to "stay home" to defend the QB draw. When they do so, the QB can then step up into the pocket on a pass play and avoid pressure being applied from the edges. Don't want to run it 10 times a game, but we need to do it more often.

2. Use the TE over the middle. When you are running the ball well like we did in the first half, LBers have to play down hill. Unless the safety starts playing up, there is a void behind the LBers that can be exploited by the TE. If the safety cheats up, deep passes down the middle can be exploited.

Pretty simple stuff really and I'm sure Dawson sees it. I have to believe he just doesn't want to do it until he has to do it.

On to Florida. I like our chances.
Granny Bear Wrote:Children, The CATS hung on to beat Spurrier (I actually felt sorry for him in the post game interview) AND UT lost in double over time!! I toggled back and forth between those two games until I had to take extra arthritis medicine!!

First road game victory in 4 years and 11 days........

I am happy happy happy!!!
Did you see OU giving the UT faithful the goodbye finger when walking off the field? Everyone making a big stink about it, but the fans was giving them the bird when they was walking off so they just returned the favor Confusednicker:
UK is 2-0 and UL is 0-2...Its a great day to be a Wildcat!

UL is in danger of going 0-3 with Clemson coming to town Thursday

UK has a 4 game home stand with Florida, Missouri, EKU & Auburn. I think Kentucky will come out of that 4-0. Florida is just plain awful. Missouri will be tough because of their QB and this will be a close game. EKU no contest. Auburn is definitely beatable and are offensively struggling right now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:Clap:
It's a great time to be a cat
Great win. Fortunate enough to be there. The two holding penalties stalled the offense by limiting the options on offense.
Strikeout King Wrote:Final

Wildcats:Cheerlead
Demarcus ware Wrote:I think UK takes Florida at home. They just have to stop the second half meltdowns.

Kentucky has let off the gas in the last couple games,but have you seen the amount of freshmen that have seen playing time? Smile
Yeah but man they are some talented freshman. It also helps when one is a CB and 6'4 lol. If they can put all 4 quarters together it's really untelling how good they could be. I think the players and coaches let off the gas Saturday night. Hopefully they can get Florida by the throat early and just not let up.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Yeah but man they are some talented freshman. It also helps when one is a CB and 6'4 lol. If they can put all 4 quarters together it's really untelling how good they could be. I think the players and coaches let off the gas Saturday night. Hopefully they can get Florida by the throat early and just not let up.

beating Florida would be big in getting some good future recruits. it could be a great season for Kentucky football and basketball Smile
After making 20 years of making the trip to Columbia I can't tell you how good it felt walking out of Williams Brice Stadium...Now it's time to end the Florida streak...
OldJacket Wrote:After making 20 years of making the trip to Columbia I can't tell you how good it felt walking out of Williams Brice Stadium...Now it's time to end the Florida streak...

I wanted to go and wasn't invited :biglmao:
Was so excited during this game!!