Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope they keep Stoops!
Until his contract is up! Why should Ky buy him out and send him off with Lottery winning type money to live the good life, especially considering that the Ky administration expects us to accept a football program that has been and will always be a big national JOKE. So I say save the money Ky and make him serve out his time, take his beatings and at least earn that large contract that Barnhardt gave him...........Until someone has the guts to go out and hire someone that has the ability to do for Ky football what other coaches have done for schools like Duke, Northwestern, Kansas State and Oregon State to name a few (all schools that everyone said could not win a power 5 conference but have all won their conference in the past 10 to 20 years) Ky has never been mentioned as even a possible contender to win the SEC East (which has been down recently) much less win the conference outright............Duke and Northwestern especially were told the same thing for years and they refused to accept it..........I'm sure most SEC so called no it all's will say but this is the SEC and Ky just cant win in this conference.. I was raised to never say CANT so I refuse to believe that Ky CANT be at least occasionally a top tier SEC team. Unfortunately 99.9% of all Ky football fans do no feel the same way or expectations would be different and Patrons would expect and demand more!
Sad thing is UK has facilities and amenities as good as almost anybody in the country. That is not the problem of getting players to come to UK. UK just continues to not try to land a quality coach or put the money out to get one. Seems like when a opening is there, they just look for the quick and easy hire and do not do an extensive search or willing to put up the money. You continue to hear people say coaches will not come here, but I do not believe that. UK is willing to put up money for the best facilities and is in the SEC; if willing to put up the money for coaches some would be willing to come. You just have to wonder about current coaching staff when they have been embarrassed in second half they way they have, totally out coached!
It's like I've said a 1000 times, be prepared to pay Calipari money for a football coach if you want to win or continue to hire rejects and losers like every other coach since bear bryant.
It's not that hard, you just have to be willing to do it and cut other garbage if necessary.
^Yes!!!

Preach!
Mark Stoops ineffectiveness, thus far, has truly surprised me. He was a fantastic defensive coordinator and he is a great recruiter. Generally, the "X's and O's" are much easier when you have the "Jim's and Joe's".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sstack Wrote:Sad thing is UK has facilities and amenities as good as almost anybody in the country. That is not the problem of getting players to come to UK. UK just continues to not try to land a quality coach or put the money out to get one. Seems like when a opening is there, they just look for the quick and easy hire and do not do an extensive search or willing to put up the money. You continue to hear people say coaches will not come here, but I do not believe that. UK is willing to put up money for the best facilities and is in the SEC; if willing to put up the money for coaches some would be willing to come. You just have to wonder about current coaching staff when they have been embarrassed in second half they way they have, totally out coached!

The problem with Kentucky football was never been the facilities. The problem is "Basketball" people trying to build a football program! If one takes a long look at UK football is doesn't take a Rocket scientist to figure out that UK cannot recruit at the same level as Bama or LSU! For UK to develop a successful football program they must hire a coach that runs a system that can WIN first and foremost! The #1 one thing that makes the SEC so difficult is the level of talent the opposing D-lines have! One doesn't have to be Albert Einstein to figure out that UK needs to run a system that doesn't place it's offensive linemen in one on one match ups with Reggie White! IMO a Joe Gibbs type system that uses a lot of TE's and H-backs would be best! Seems to me that UK fan want to see the "Air Raid" crap but to win the SEC running that System you need Anthony Munoz as you LT and a QB as tough a Brett Farve every year! For some reason UK also loves to recuit midget RBs that are terrible at pass protection! On the Defensive side of the ball 3-4 will never work because it requires talented D-line men that can not recruit.
You hope they keep Stoops?

Well so does all the Head coaches in the SEC.
Guys, you all should just give up on wanting a big name coach like Miles, Saban, Briles or anyone else, none of them are walking through that door.....Kentucky has to start somewhere, I thought they were on the right track with Brookes until the joke got the job and we gave Stoops time to get all of the Joke's players out and now all the players we have are Stoops players so to me it's either a bowl game or a head coaching change. and thought they done a good thing going after Stoops but I think his seat is a little hot right now....

If their is a change and you want someone who truly runs Air Raid then go get Mike Leach.
Strikeout King Wrote:Guys, you all should just give up on wanting a big name coach like Miles, Saban, Briles or anyone else, none of them are walking through that door.....Kentucky has to start somewhere, I thought they were on the right track with Brookes until the joke got the job and we gave Stoops time to get all of the Joke's players out and now all the players we have are Stoops players so to me it's either a bowl game or a head coaching change. and thought they done a good thing going after Stoops but I think his seat is a little hot right now....

If their is a change and you want someone who truly runs Air Raid then go get Mike Leach.
Give up is what 99.9% of the Ky football fan base has done many years ago sir when it comes to expecting and demanding a quality SEC football program. You can make all the excuses you want, we have heard them all and it is simply disgusting to come to the reality that we are just willing to accept less than mediocrity for the most part and mediocrity for the best we can produce. Yet other schools around the country have proven you DO NOT have to accept it.......Its a sad thing to watch a Ky football game on TV and see the look on fans faces during one of our infamous collapses! We deserve more as a fan base but we will never get it as long as we accept the same crap year after year. What we need IMO is an athletic director that has a clue about football and then we would have somewhere to start.. Someone that has the ability to recognize a real coach and also has the ability to make a case to that special coach why the challenge at Ky is a special challenge that can be turned into a quality program. IMO IT CAN BE DONE with the right kind of people but we simply do not care enough to make it happen............Very sad state of affairs.......
If, after the Florida game, you hope they keep Stoops, you have a serious mental problem!!!
Strikeout King Wrote:Guys, you all should just give up on wanting a big name coach like Miles, Saban, Briles or anyone else, none of them are walking through that door.....Kentucky has to start somewhere, I thought they were on the right track with Brookes until the joke got the job and we gave Stoops time to get all of the Joke's players out and now all the players we have are Stoops players so to me it's either a bowl game or a head coaching change. and thought they done a good thing going after Stoops but I think his seat is a little hot right now....

This is exactly what is wrong with the UK program, albeit there are very few of you types left when it comes to UK football. Just a couple of years ago there were several of you still telling us Joker was a good coach.

What do you mean we cant get those types? ANY SCHOOL can get those types with the right amount of money.
These guys don't give a S*** about the school, its pride, or what it means. Not one single coach. They care about the money.
I GUARANTEE you if you offer any of those coaches more money, enough more to make it worth the rebuild process, they would leave in a heartbeat.
Without a doubt, if you offered Saban 15 million a year he would be on the next flight out of bama, except for the fact, bama would be forced to beat it and would.

You can get any coach you want, you just have to spend the money, and enough money to where another school wont match it or come close. And UK has it. The price of tuition alone is so ridiculous they could afford a top 20 football coach with a big names and proven track record.

If Pikeville college offered Saban 20 million a year, he'd take it, Pikeville would most likely never lose a game while he was there, at least not after the first year. He'd have D1 guys roaming the streets of Pikeville. Mark it down.
Stoops is not the answer. Lot of guys making a lot less money getting it done.
Stoops is on top 30 in country. Makes over 3 million. 2 million more than guy from Southern Miss who just embarrassed him
We have to keep Stoops until we hire an AD capable of making a good hire. Worst AD in power 5 conference at hiring a coach.