Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Belfry 02/16/07
BlueChipper Wrote:Post play is the key, if they cannot get the ball inside what will happen? BINGO they will not be able to shoot outside. Belfry cannot shoot from the outside, and their inside game is fallin also. I don't know what they are thinking, get going girls.

Where have you been, when on fire belfry can shoot outside. They have a great player in Thacker but I see she is not starting much any more. Looks like Megan Staten has assumed a key role in play maker for the lady pirates. Sure should be interesting. Can she take the pressure???
Belfry by at least 8
:rockon: :rockon:
Valley by 5.
LakeLover Wrote:I also agree that the mental portion of the game is the most intense. If you battle yourself emotionally you will not be in the game, you have to be unselfish and look at the big picture, the TEAM. Winning takes every person on the team, from the coaches to the last player. Everyone counts, the negative attitudes must go. I have seen several games, many times when a play is called, they ignore and play their OWN game, henceforth the losses soon came.
In some of the games I have witnessed, these girls need some adjustments on who to listen to, MOMMY and DADDY in the stands or the coach who knows what to call. They have their own little game plan going on, if it is not what they want to run, they don't.
This team has the potential to make a name in the state, they just need to get the mental attitude to go with it. Talent + attitude + desire = CHAMPIONS

with the coaches belfry has the parents should wake up and back up the coaches, insted of telling there kids what to do. the christmas tourny they won was because the girls lsitened to the coaches, and their game plan was great
LakeLover Wrote:Where have you been, when on fire belfry can shoot outside. They have a great player in Thacker but I see she is not starting much any more. Looks like Megan Staten has assumed a key role in play maker for the lady pirates. Sure should be interesting. Can she take the pressure???

thacker was sick for a long period, shes back full strenth now

megan can handle it
Phoenix Wrote:I have to agree. Belfry is a great team when they play as a team. But there are some (one in particular) that wants to be the star and hurts the team more than helping them in important games such as Pike Central, Magoffin County, etc. That said, if Belfry plays as a team - the will blow Valley out of the water. It just depends on which Belfry team shows up - the "we just want to win and don't care who gets the most points" team, or the selfish team.

i have noticed certain ones being taken out in the last few games i saw for mistakes
First, I think these two teams are both great teams, Valley is probably less talented (no offense to them) as any of the top teams, but they play so hard and do so many things right they can compete with anybody, so that is a compliment on a diss.
As far as Rose Hill game Terry scored 28 against Belfry so go figure lol, she is only rated #3 in the state.
As far as the deal with Thacker, I think they are just trying not to start her to help keep her out of foul trouble, which is smart. As far as the shooting goes Belfry can light it up. Robinette, Moon, Deskins, and Pruitt all have a nice shot. They really do have a good team, and when they play together they are as good as anybody.
I think they probably fall in the same category as Valley, not as talented as Central or Magoffin but when they do the little things right and play hard you better watch out.
I think this game will be a classic and two of the funnest teams in this region to watch.
Valley and Belfry is both for real IMO.
I will say Belfry from 5-10
I think this will be a good game , I think Belfry will win by about-6, Everyone keeps saying ,Valley has beat Pike Central, and Belfry has beat PC , But PC beat Belfry, and they beat MC to and they will beat Valley on the 22nd. I think PC is the only one of these three teams that has beat MC at least once this yr. imo PC is still very much in the game .... but anyways good luck to Belfry.
anybody have a score
Valley won! 84 - 82 good job girls!
katsfan Wrote:Valley won! 84 - 82 good job girls!

The atmosphere was set for a victory in the Varsity game. The JV girls really done a great job. They fought hard as did Valley girls.
The Varsity had a great start with not such a great finish. Defense is key and some of Belfry players need to learn that. Valley was hot all way around, they were all over the boards.
Belfry is a class act team, just need some leadership changes all way around.
BlueChipper Wrote:The atmosphere was set for a victory in the Varsity game. The JV girls really done a great job. They fought hard as did Valley girls.
The Varsity had a great start with not such a great finish. Defense is key and some of Belfry players need to learn that. Valley was hot all way around, they were all over the boards.

What does that part mean exactly?
NEXT Wrote:What does that part mean exactly?

belfry girls chocked
what a game Wrote:belfry girls chocked

Choked?
what a game Wrote::igiveup: :igiveup: by the time this game is over sv will realize there true place in the region.

they will wish they could wave the white flag by half time. :ChairHit:

it truly could be a 20 point blow out. sorry sv

They really blew them out,didnt they!!!
Congrats Valley on a big Win
what a game Wrote::igiveup: :igiveup: by the time this game is over sv will realize there true place in the region.

I think you were wrong about the blow out and the white flag but SV does realize "their" true place in the region. Go Valley!!!:Clap:

First Valley does realize their place in the region. Magoffin is #1 and everyone else is fighting for the two spot. This region is wide open. You will see in the regional tournment. In girls basketball anything is possible. Belfry has a very talented team. They played a good game and had an opportunity to win the game. SV played bad at times and almost choked at the end getting out of control at times and giving Belfry a chance to get back in it. Congrats on a win! I guess people are forced to give some credit to these girls now right? That will never happen but I am sure that these girls believe in themselves and that is all that matters.:letsparty
Esther Fleming had 40 points and 15 rebounds! WOW! Last few games she has been on fire. She has had a great senior year.
BlueChipper Wrote:The atmosphere was set for a victory in the Varsity game. The JV girls really done a great job. They fought hard as did Valley girls.

Did Belfry's JV beat Shelby Valley to death? I know in junior high play they killed them. Virgie and Dorton was lucky to score against those talent girls from Belfry. What was the final? I am guessing 40 to 15 with BHS winning.
Faith Wrote:Did Belfry's JV beat Shelby Valley to death? I know in junior high play they killed them. Virgie and Dorton was lucky to score against those talent girls from Belfry. What was the final? I am guessing 40 to 15 with BHS winning.

No, they might have beat them in middle school but they didnt kill them last night they beat them by like 6-10 points...i can't remember exactly! valley girls played alot better than they did in middle school ball!
what a game Wrote::letsparty this is the belfry team after the game.

:popcorn: :popcorn: this will be me, but with a bigger smile.

I bet you will think about valley differently next time! 20 point blow out...yeah....i'm happy for valley won! they didn't play very good at first them they realized that they needed to pick it up, if they were going to win! but congrats valley!! theres is your next win for a great season!

but its over so good luck to both teams in their next games!
Great job valley girls...no one has given you credit for anything yet and look how far you've came!!!..as long as each of you continue to believe in yourselfs and play as a team you'll keep on turning some heads....
I agree with u bluefever4life this team never gets any credit....Maybe now people will realize this and give the girls some credit for the hard work they put out each and every time they step foot inside those lines...they have always fought for themselves and always will .... and no matter how great this team will do noone will ever recongnize them like they should be....but the girls beleive in themselves and their team and that is all that really matters....keep it up girls and lets prove we truely are the best!!