Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team football camps
Do a lot of teams still go to camp. We used to go to jaybez every year but haven't been a few yrs.

Does anyone still go
Back in the day Ashland Tomcats went to Camp America that was ran by NFL great Weeb Ewbank. Now, they stay on campus and have 3-a-day practices.
Do most schools stay home now ?
Yustacould Wrote:Back in the day Ashland Tomcats went to Camp America that was ran by NFL great Weeb Ewbank. Now, they stay on campus and have 3-a-day practices.

Gosh I hope not as that would violate khsaa standards.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Gosh I hope not as that would violate khsaa standards.

They have low standards.
pjdoug Wrote:Do most schools stay home now ?

Some still go,to 4H camps or colleges.

Some even travel out of state

While some stay home.

Does Whitley go to any type of team camp

Rockcastle goes to a church camp to have practices
diceman Wrote:Some still go,to 4H camps or colleges.

Some even travel out of state

While some stay home.

Does Whitley go to any type of team camp

Rockcastle goes to a church camp to have practices

I know Whitley used to go to Georgetown then Wofford and probably a couple other places. I don't really know what all they do these days .
I would dare say the new practice limitations impacted a lot of teams decision on going to camp or staying home.
Are teams allowed to scrimmage if out of state or scrimmage teams from out of state
Does 7-7 vs another team count as a scrimmage as long ago as it's just helmets?
diceman Wrote:Does 7-7 vs another team count as a scrimmage as long ago as it's just helmets?

Anything after July 31st against another team is considered a scrimmage. You can have as many 7 vs 7 before Aug 1st as you want.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Gosh I hope not as that would violate khsaa standards.

How is that violating KHSAA standards? Morning practice, afternoon special teams, and evening practice...
It's not as long as there is 3 hours break between each session with no meetings or lifting or anything going on and only one is a contact practice.
Bobcats will be a Feltner 4H camp.. home of Dudley Hilton.. Friday they Sunday
Bobcat4years Wrote:Bobcats will be a Feltner 4H camp.. home of Dudley Hilton.. Friday they Sunday

LOL.....I was just picturing a bunch of kids building Dudley at 4H craft camp.
papagrit Wrote:LOL.....I was just picturing a bunch of kids building Dudley at 4H craft camp.

^ Confusednicker:
Didn't Prestonsburg get into some trouble when they held camp somewhere?
With all the social media it's very difficult and foolish to try and get extra scrimmages in. Not to mention the liability issue.
The start of school for many being at and/or around that August 1st date which also happens to be the 1st day of full contact has caused many not to mess w camp.

Back when scrimmages at camp were allowed and school started towards the end of August (or even after Labor Day); then camp had a little different ring to it (who am I kidding; a ton more and fun b/c you were able to tee it up some vs others than just yourself. Inside run, 7v7 in shells, "scrimmage", linemen one on ones, Oklahoma drills, etc.

Now though with back to school dates being (and have been for a while) so common w this first week of August, no camp scrimmages "allowed", the first day of full gear being August 1 + the cost at some of these joints...especially at the universities...for what?!

I get the whole "team bonding" deal, but there are also a boat load of teams over the years and every year that "bond" and "develop chemistry" without going to camp.

Probably not fashionable to say b/c of losing "street cred" points message board style (not that I care), but I get why people don't go anymore like they used to when it was a complete 180 from how it is today.
With the new practice rules for NCAA it makes it almost impossible for a college campus to hold team camps from aug 1st on. From what I understand Colleges are allowed 29 practices before 1st game with no 2 a days.
It's a shame that CAMP ran the right way is a violation of rules. Because it really can benefit your team. Especially if you have low numbers. Think how much better o-lineman can become working in drills against other guys that he may not face in practice.

I understand concerns of full scrimmage - but the individual and group work is great.
InsideStunt Wrote:It's a shame that CAMP ran the right way is a violation of rules. Because it really can benefit your team. Especially if you have low numbers. Think how much better o-lineman can become working in drills against other guys that he may not face in practice.

I understand concerns of full scrimmage - but the individual and group work is great.

What are the rules for camps? If teams aren't allowed to scrimmage, are they allowed to practice with each other?