Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns
Is there any Browns fans on that can talk about the Browns with me. Im tired of looking at Bengals threads.
Sure lets talk browns
Black and Gold Wrote:Sure lets talk browns
fair enough....lol...how do you think they will do this year.
Better now that they had lewis
I'm a BIG Browns fan, and it kind of sucks now that I am at Northern KY University with all of these Bengals fans. lol. But here's my view on the upcoming season. I think they will be a lot better than their 4-12 2006 season. They have made significant improvements to their offensive and defensive lines. They've also added some seasoned veterans at the corner back and safety positions. The addition of Jamal Lewis is a MAJOR plus, and if Charlie Frye can finally play to the potential that has been put on him since his rookie year, I honestly feel they can push for a Wild Card. But the AFC North Division is VERY ROUGH, and the 6 division games will be big in determining the outcome of the 2007 season. That's just my opinion. Nice to know I'm not the only Cleveland fan on here, braves_fan_10.
Honestly, I see the contending for the AFC North Championship, with Cincy, of course.
The additions they've picked up in the offseason thus far, IMO, will do nothing but improve them as a team.
I look for them to get anywhere from 7-9 wins.
I can't believe I just said that..

Don't get used to it Reed.
Gorn Wrote:Honestly, I see the contending for the AFC North Championship, with Cincy, of course.
The additions they've picked up in the offseason thus far, IMO, will do nothing but improve them as a team.

Im looking for a big year also.I think we need to go with Brady Quinn in the draft becacuse we just signed Lewis and as much as i hate to say this, i dont think Charlie Frye will be nothing more than a back-up in the N.F.L
braves_fan_10 Wrote:Im looking for a big year also.I think we need to go with Brady Quinn in the draft becacuse we just signed Lewis and as much as i hate to say this, i dont think Charlie Frye will be nothing more than a back-up in the N.F.L

I agree, i would love to see Brady be a Brown, Frye jus aint gonna be able to get it done.
MVP2 Wrote:I agree, i would love to see Brady be a Brown, Frye jus aint gonna be able to get it done.
Like i said....I hate to say this... i dont think he is going to get it done either.
Yea, Charlie Frye strikes me as more of a backup.

What picks does Cleveland have in the draft?
Gorn Wrote:What picks does Cleveland have in the draft?
Cleveland gets the 3rd overall pick. There is speculation that Oakland will go with Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech, and the Lions will select the Offensive Lineman from Wisconsin. If that plays out, I would love to see Cleveland take JaMarcus Russel from LSU. He has size, quickness, and one of the strongest arms I've ever seen. Not only can he throw the ball 60-70 yards, he has pinpoint accuracy. I like Quinn, but IMO, Russel will be a more effective NFL quarterback. But to be honest, you couldn't go wrong with either one. I do agree with you all that Frye won't be able to bring the Browns back to the level in which they need to be to compete in the NFL.
Gorn Wrote:Honestly, I see the contending for the AFC North Championship, with Cincy, of course.

7-9 wins and theyre competin for a division title? how weak do you think the north is gonna be?
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Cleveland gets the 3rd overall pick. There is speculation that Oakland will go with Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech, and the Lions will select the Offensive Lineman from Wisconsin. If that plays out, I would love to see Cleveland take JaMarcus Russel from LSU. He has size, quickness, and one of the strongest arms I've ever seen. Not only can he throw the ball 60-70 yards, he has pinpoint accuracy. I like Quinn, but IMO, Russel will be a more effective NFL quarterback. But to be honest, you couldn't go wrong with either one. I do agree with you all that Frye won't be able to bring the Browns back to the level in which they need to be to compete in the NFL.
Im sorry but i think thats going to be the dumbest move in the draft if Oakland takes anything else but a QB...Dont get me wrong i would be happy to see Russel or Quinn in a brown uniform.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Cleveland gets the 3rd overall pick. There is speculation that Oakland will go with Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech, and the Lions will select the Offensive Lineman from Wisconsin. If that plays out, I would love to see Cleveland take JaMarcus Russel from LSU. He has size, quickness, and one of the strongest arms I've ever seen. Not only can he throw the ball 60-70 yards, he has pinpoint accuracy. I like Quinn, but IMO, Russel will be a more effective NFL quarterback. But to be honest, you couldn't go wrong with either one. I do agree with you all that Frye won't be able to bring the Browns back to the level in which they need to be to compete in the NFL.

I don't know if I take JaMarcus Russel over Quinn. His stock is higher, but he strikes me as a Micheal Vick, where as Quinn strikes me as... kind of a Tom Brady.

You're right, I don't think you can go wrong with either. I'd say they'll both be stand outs.
bizmark Wrote:7-9 wins and theyre competin for a division title? how weak do you think the north is gonna be?

Not very weak, just competitive.
However, IMO, Pittsburgh WON'T bounce back this season, and I think age is creeping up on Baltimore fastSmile
That doesn't necessarily mean they'll be down, but I think the conference is a lot more even this year.
Plus, the whole Jamal Lewis transfer just made the Conference that more interesting.
It will probably be a close run between the four for 1st and 2nd, as much as I hate to say it.
Cleveland needs offensive line or it does not matter who is QB.
rallo316 Wrote:Cleveland needs offensive line or it does not matter who is QB.
we have a good line its just two of our best lineman were hurt all of last year but we got them back and we got Steinbeck from the Bengals who is a fantastic player so our line will be good.
Gorn Wrote:Not very weak, just competitive.
However, IMO, Pittsburgh WON'T bounce back this season, and I think age is creeping up on Baltimore fastSmile
That doesn't necessarily mean they'll be down, but I think the conference is a lot more even this year.
Plus, the whole Jamal Lewis transfer just made the Conference that more interesting.
It will probably be a close run between the four for 1st and 2nd, as much as I hate to say it.

competitive or not, its emberassing to be competing for a conference title at 7-9 wins. some wild card teams make the playoffs with 10 wins.
How bout getting Thomas and Quinn in the draft.
browns goin to the playoffs this year
Black and Gold Wrote:browns goin to the playoffs this year
i hope so.
the browns wont be in the playoffs this year. the 2 transitions to make from college to nfl is OT (especially blind side tackle, which Joe Thomas is) and by far QB. if Quinn starts he cant carry them to the playoffs as a rokkie. id say clevland will be in though in 2 or 3 years
bizmark Wrote:the browns wont be in the playoffs this year. the 2 transitions to make from college to nfl is OT (especially blind side tackle, which Joe Thomas is) and by far QB. if Quinn starts he cant carry them to the playoffs as a rokkie. id say clevland will be in though in 2 or 3 years
I couldnt agree with you more but i do think Cleveland will win 7 games this year.
I love the browns and since the bengals got pretty good thats all i hear ppl talk about...BENGALS. But I don't think they will make the playoffs this year but I think they will make it the in 08' if they don't make any stupid moves. I predict and 8-8 season...Hopefully