Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 4 Shelby Valley 3
Congrats ER!!!
Great game to watch. Both teams played hard, but ER came out on top. East Ridge looked much improved with Cortney Conley showing great poise on the mound. She had the chance to blow up but kept her cool.

SV looked good, and started off great. ER started hitting the ball late. SV center fielder made some amazing catches tonight.

Congrats to all the seniors for all the hard work and dedication to your program!

Congrats to Greg Napier for a unreal coaching career. He built the SV program from ground up, even from the slow pitch days. Nothing to be ashamed of. Sometimes its just the way the ball falls. Truely SV high school will miss a great teacher, coach and friend in Greg Napier.
can someone delete this thread?
Congrats ER...I knew we would win the one that mattered the most!
East Ridge Lady Warriors 15th Regional Fast Pitch Softball Champions!!! Congrats Girls!
Hootie-Courtney said thank you for the compliment--but it's her little sister Caitlin doing the pitching for the 15th Region Champs.
The Game could not of ended better than it did. The Warriors had the best team all year long and we saved our best until it counted and now we are on our way to Louisville and that other team is on its way back to Long Fork.
ERblue4ever Wrote:The Game could not of ended better than it did. The Warriors had the best team all year long and we saved our best until it counted and now we are on our way to Louisville and that other team is on its way back to Long Fork.
That is totally uncalled for!!! You are who make the few good peole at ER look bad!!!
It is a shame ER won't let the child be happy!
IMO she is too much of a threat to you!
Congrats ER!! SV did play a good game and so did ER, but when the game was comming to an end it came down to who had the most heart. I guess ER had the biggest heart last night. Goodluck at state!
Just a heads up...personal attacks and insinuations will not be tolerated in this thread.
It's already begun and I don't want to see anyone get suspended.
ERblue4ever Wrote:The Game could not of ended better than it did, with guess who stranded on third base. The Warriors had the best team all year long and we saved our best until it counted and now we are on our way to Louisville and that other team is on its way back to Long Fork.

Why has ER given Sawyers a hard time? The young lady hasn't done a thing to anyone. She transferred to what she felt was a better school, and she just so happens to be one heck of an athlete. Give her a break!

Yes, the warriors have a good team. But as for them being the best team all year long, no. To be the best team you have to overcome adversity, and work through the hardships. Shelby Valley's softball team wasn't expected to do much this season with the loss of 3 starters last season. Valley has had players to have problems with one another at the begininng of the season, but these girls put their differencs behind them to battle through the hardships they faced and the problems with one another to come together as a TEAM and accomplish great things! At the end of the season after a good play or after a hit these girls were constantly congratulating one another. Even after an error the girls would encourage one another to make up for it on the next play.

I am extremely impressed by the character these girls have shown throughout the season. I know each of them personally and they are all great kids. I wish the seniors the best of luck and I look forward to watching you each excel in life. You have given the program 6 years of dedication and for that I am extremely proud! You each had one heck of a high school career whether it be in the classroom or on the field.

To the rest of the young ladies...Keep your heads high and your spirits higher! Work hard to accomplish what you want to accomplish next season and remember we are proud of you.

And to you Coach Napier, you have been the heart and soul of Shelby Valley softball. Thank you for giving the program 17 years of success. You and Coach Hall have been more than coaches to these young ladies. You have been mentors. The community appriciates everything you and your coaching staff has given to us and the young ladies!

We Are Proud of Each of you! :thumpsup:
Congrats to the Lady Warriors softball team! :letsparty Good Luck at State!
I guess it is ok when Valley and Pikeville throw slurs on here, but when the tables are turned they can't handle it. By the way when a kid transfers in the middle of a school year her family has to have a residence before she enrolls in that school, big goof up!!!
KHSAA KHSAA KHSAA KHSAA KHSAA KHSAA
:letsparty
[INDENT]Congrats East Ridge Lady Warriors on winning the 15th Regional Tournament!
[/INDENT]
ERblue4ever Wrote:I guess it is ok when Valley and Pikeville throw slurs on here, but when the tables are turned they can't handle it. By the way when a kid transfers in the middle of a school year her family has to have a residence before she enrolls in that school, big goof up!!!

i hate to tell you east ridge fans are alwasy saying crap about shelby valley and pikeville...and
some people return the favor so dont even start with that stuff!

dont worry about amanda, she is already at valley and playing! in my opinion east ridge is just worried and they miss her!

but beside of all that...great job last night east ridge! good luck in state..reprsent the 15th well!and congrats to jami baldridge....for mvp! wow what a birthday present

valley you played hard and keep yours heads up! you will come back next year and try to accomplish great things all over again!...and you will
CONGRATS ER! You girls earned this. You fought through a hard season & proved alot of people wrong.

Conley started out struggling but she pulled through it having a no hitter until I believe the 6th inning.

Vanover had an amazing hit scoring two runs. Congrats!

McCarty had an amazing catch. It wasn't luck. She made two or three plays similar the night before.

Several girls made errors & alot more than the three listed above did great things to help ER win the game.

GOOD LUCK AT STATE GIRLS!

& CONGRATS to Baldridge on MVP. What a birthday present!
ERblue4ever Wrote:The Game could not of ended better than it did. The Warriors had the best team all year long and we saved our best until it counted and now we are on our way to Louisville and that other team is on its way back to Long Fork.

that "other" team is known as the shelby valley batkats--show some respect.
& did i miss the memo, is there something bad with coming back to longfork? i come this way every day & every night & i love it, personally.
I want to wish the Lady Warriors the best of luck1 All of these NEGATIVE comments are unecessary.The best team won on this night,comments like some of these takes the fun out of posting on here, please clean it up!
Just a good rivalry...
ERblue4ever Wrote:I guess it is ok when Valley and Pikeville throw slurs on here, but when the tables are turned they can't handle it. By the way when a kid transfers in the middle of a school year her family has to have a residence before she enrolls in that school, big goof up!!!

ER's principal and AD held the paperwork for 22 days...the KHSAA mandates that it be returned within 15 days or the school will be disciplined. This is a bigger goof up!!! ER should drop the appeal since they signed the release forms already. I sure would hate to see the KHSAA punish the entire athletic program at ER simply because "politics" is putting pressure on their principal to do something about the young lady in question.

it's not the fact that tables are turned or that shelby valley can't handle it, it's the fact that there's no rivalry between valley & east ridge--valley & pikeville have had school rivalries against each other ever since they were established. east ridge has tried to replace this, but no school can replace pikeville's rivalry with shelby valley.
I wasn't talking about just softball, I meant in every sport. You can't say there is NO rivalry between Valley and ER.
It's NEVER OK to throw slurs on here, PERIOD.

I don't care which school is slinging slurs, it's wrong and CLASSLESS.
Play the games on the fields and courts and grow up.

BTW, discussion of an ongoing KHSAA investigation is off limits.
You want to be called to testify about your personal knowledge of the situation?
Lets get back on topic everyone!
Congrats ER