Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pulaski County
47.83%
Belfry
52.17%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County @ Belfry 8/19/22
(08-18-2022, 09:27 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 06:12 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 10:53 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: That’s what I meant by no identity in week one. Players in wrong position as well as players hurt. 3A has been down the last couple years but to say we couldn’t have competed in 1A or 2A is crazy. Everyone always has stuff to say about Belry and all we do is just keep making room in the trophy case

When playoffs came we were a different team and no one in 1A or 2A would dismantle us.

So you think Pikeville who won by 30 wouldnt have beat you in the playoffs?  Or that LCA and Beechwood one of which dismantled Pikeville wouldnt have beat you? You see it as Belfry was a different team, and they may have slightly been, but noone expected Belfry to lose to the Lawrence and Martin Countys of the world. I think most people mnew when Belfry stopped playing better teams after week 5 that they would be in the state championship.
You are not necessarily wrong about everything.

- 3A has been pretty rough the past three years. Totally agree. I think it had more depth than 2A and 1A of good teams, but the best teams in 1A and 2A have been better than the best teams in 3A.

- Beechwood & LCA would have beat Belfry easily last year if they were lined up opposite in the State Finals. Totally agree. Beechwood and LCA were Top 5-10 teams in the entire state. In fact, I could have seen either team when every class outside of 6A potentially last year they were both so good.

- In terms of Pikeville... mostly agree. Pikeville would have been a different game than the matchup where Dixon didn't play, but I still dont see Belfry beating them last year or even .

- Martin County isn't in 3A. Not sure where you are pulling that... Magoffin County maybe? Either way, it hurts your argument throwing bad bait out.

- The Belfry slightly improving and no different result with Pulaski thing you are probably off on. Belfry didn't have any player ready to step in aside from Dixon (who only played a couple series on Offense of that game before having major cramp issues that ultimately led to him leaving the game).  Belfry basically giftwrapped a handful of TD's... I am not sure Belfry beats them or not later in the year but once they had an identity and were not fumbling the most basic of plays it would have been super competitive. This one is pretty evident for anyone who watched that game and saw Belfry at least moving the ball easily while Dixon was healthy in between fumbles (even lined up at QB), and then saw Belfry basically non-competitive the 2nd Half.

- In terms of teams licking their chops to move to 3A, I can't say for certain yet, noone can. 3A is down, but this stuff is cyclical when it comes to small schools. It goes as the talent pool goes. Belfry has sustained success because even though their talent pool and numbers were essentially the lowest it has been since 2008/2009, they have a program built to still win and they schedule up to make themselves more battle tested. Belfry is about to have another surge in talent with their freshman and Sophomore classes both being MS State champs. Tilghman is trending up. It wouldn't surprise me to see 3A suddenly become much stronger as the water level rises.
You are always so much better at eloquently saying what I’m thinking and can’t get across lol
(08-18-2022, 09:49 AM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: That’s what I was saying. To say we didn’t improve much from week one is insane. And to say we couldn’t compete in 1A and 2A is also insane. Not as good as Beechwood or LCA but the rest we was

I never said you didn't improve much.  I actually said the opposite.  What I also said was that all teams tend to improve throughout the year, so an improved Belfry team would've had to play an improved Pulaski team as well.

Look you guys can't make me an enemy.  I'm a huge Haywood fan and have no disrespect towards Belfry, but what I also am is a realist.  3A football the last 3 years has been bottom feeding, and had Central decided not to play up we wouldn't be having this conversation.  I understand when you are a diehard fan and become used to winning year in and year out its hard to be a realist sometimes, but as an outsider it makes a lot of sense. The only team at Commonwealth Stadium that Belfry could've beat last year was Paducah Tilghman, and thats 1-6a.  I'm not saying this in a disrespectful way, I'm saying it to prove my point that 3a football as a whole is way down.
(08-18-2022, 06:12 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 10:53 PM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: That’s what I meant by no identity in week one. Players in wrong position as well as players hurt. 3A has been down the last couple years but to say we couldn’t have competed in 1A or 2A is crazy. Everyone always has stuff to say about Belry and all we do is just keep making room in the trophy case

When playoffs came we were a different team and no one in 1A or 2A would dismantle us.

So you think Pikeville who won by 30 wouldnt have beat you in the playoffs?  Or that LCA and Beechwood one of which dismantled Pikeville wouldnt have beat you? You see it as Belfry was a different team, and they may have slightly been, but noone expected Belfry to lose to the Lawrence and Martin Countys of the world. I think most people mnew when Belfry stopped playing better teams after week 5 that they would be in the state championship.
I think this is where the exception is coming... "slightly" is a tough adjective to swallow especially with the "may have been" kicker at the front.
(08-18-2022, 10:31 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 09:49 AM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: That’s what I was saying. To say we didn’t improve much from week one is insane. And to say we couldn’t compete in 1A and 2A is also insane. Not as good as Beechwood or LCA but the rest we was

I never said you didn't improve much.  I actually said the opposite.  What I also said was that all teams tend to improve throughout the year, so an improved Belfry team would've had to play an improved Pulaski team as well.

Look you guys can't make me an enemy.  I'm a huge Haywood fan and have no disrespect towards Belfry, but what I also am is a realist.  3A football the last 3 years has been bottom feeding, and had Central decided not to play up we wouldn't be having this conversation.  I understand when you are a diehard fan and become used to winning year in and year out its hard to be a realist sometimes, but as an outsider it makes a lot of sense. The only team at Commonwealth Stadium that Belfry could've beat last year was Paducah Tilghman, and thats 1-6a.  I'm not saying this in a disrespectful way, I'm saying it to prove my point that 3a football as a whole is way down.
Russellville would have fared equally as Tilghman at trying to stop Belfry's run game but otherwise you are correct here for all the other teams on Finals weekend including Pikeville. No argument from me. There is a reason Pikeville basically went 3 yards and a cloud of dust when they needed it as their offensive philosophy instead of letting Macnamee throw it a lot. 

I think you are selling 2019 a little short in some ways. You wont hear me argue about 2020. In 2019, LCA proved to be every bit as good as Mayfield and Somerset but came a play or two shy in the rematch after beating Somerset in the regular season. Belfry took care of LCA that year and I would have liked their chances in that Class. With that said, as a Class in it's entirety 3A wasn't very strong. DeSales was a very tough football team but otherwise it was Belfry/Desales and then a one horse pony show in Bell County. Central would have been a bear had they stayed that year no doubt.
Pulaski spread offense is hard for anyone to stop best you can do is contain and most times that’s only good enough to not get blowed out fail to contain and before you know it running clock. With that said belfry is a powerhouse but not a 5A powerhouse so PC should win.

PC 41
Belfry 26
Is this game being streamed online anywhere?
Is game being televised?
Should be interesting. Not sure any one knows what this Pirate squad looks like at this point in time. That being said….while they are young….that have a lot of “experience”. Despite not having Dixon….I will be surprised if this offense doesn’t have some explosiveness. Not saying it all come around in this contest….but as the season unfolds, I would expect this team to be rolling by playoff time. Tough schedule awaits….and It starts with Pulaski. Well coached team. Will home field advantage come in to play? Long drive to Pond Creek…..

No score prediction. But IMO, Belfry will put up a much stiffer challenge that last season. Would love to attend
Belfry -48
Pulaski county-20
(08-18-2022, 09:23 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Belfry -48
Pulaski county-20

LOL
Any tv or live streams of this one?
What radio station?